Defense Travel System (DTS)
742 Views | 3 Replies
Tanker123
8:09p, 4/29/24
Is it still being used by the military? If yes, has it become more user friendly? 10 years ago, practically every soldier in the unit who had to use DTS hated the experience. It was fielded with little to no training on the system. I was AD but worked at a large NG Theater Support Command which was a downtrace unit to Fifth Army who has the mission to protect N. America and National Disaster Planning and Mitigation. Therefore, there was a lot of TDY. The travelers would invariably ask my budget NCOs to make the DTS inputs on their behalf. It was a very inefficient process, so I devised a plan to help the travelers understand DTS.
Jock 07
9:55p, 4/29/24
Yup still the system of record, just filled a voucher earlier today. System was overhauled probably almost 10 years ago now which made it much more user friendly.
Tanker123
12:21a, 4/30/24
In reply to Jock 07
Jock 07 said:

Yup still the system of record, just filled a voucher earlier today. System was overhauled probably almost 10 years ago now which made it much more user friendly.
I am glad I taught myself how to use DTS. I brought 11 NG soldiers on active duty with DTS. It was a very efficient process to pay for their per diem.
Teslag
8:18a, 5/1/24
Completed a TDY authorization yesterday. As said before, it's been overhauled and is what I would consider very easy to use. At one point I remember never using it to book lodging, but now even that works well. What gets a lot of people that don't use it often is applying the correct LOA's and appropriate justifications to the approving officials. No real training for that, just have to know what to use.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings