THE BEER THREAD
7,774,272 Views | 62806 Replies
Chipotlemonger
2:14p, 5/30/24
Wrapping up a work trip to Burlington, VT. It's a beautiful place and the town is pretty neat. Here are a few of the highlight beers. If I lived up here I think I would constantly have a lager from Von Trapp around. This one was stellar from them.

The rice lager was great, and I probably don't need to talk up the Heady.

swampstander
4:20p, 5/30/24
In reply to Chipotlemonger
Chipotlemonger said:

Wrapping up a work trip to Burlington, VT. It's a beautiful place and the town is pretty neat. Here are a few of the highlight beers. If I lived up here I think I would constantly have a lager from Von Trapp around. This one was stellar from them.

The rice lager was great, and I probably don't need to talk up the Heady.

We actually have reservations at the Trapp Family Lodge for a few nights later this summer. Cannot wait.
swampstander
4:25p, 5/30/24
Staying at the Lodge at Grist Iron Brewery tonight, Burdett NY. This is my "free" beer that came with our room. It's called Lake Life IPA and it's good. That's Seneca Lake in the background.

Had to add this: Hoppiness Amplified, bourbon barrel aged double ipa. They call it a double but at 12% plus??? It's amazing anyway.

Kyle98
6:46p, 5/30/24
TDY at Fort Indiantown Gap, PA today and tomorrow, so stopped in at Troegs for dinner.

Perpetual Haze

Graffiti Highway IPA

Quincey P. Morris
8:57p, 5/30/24
Still super tasty.

Jock 07
9:49p, 5/30/24
Some pretty fresh sue

SoTxAg
4:48p, 5/31/24
Drinking the baa baa Exchange and the celestial Stellar Remnants, very good.
Kyle98
5:44p, 5/31/24
Buddy of mine told me about this place, sort of on the way back home from FTIG. Falling Branch Brewey about 40 miles north of Baltimore. On an old farm, and the tap room is an old Amish barn. Great setting, and really good beer. Couldn't try more than 2, since it's still a 2 hour drive home from here!

Tropicorna:

Street Gathering:

Both beers are delicious. It is in the middle of nowhere, though. Actually, I think I passed the middle of nowhere about 30 minutes before and just kept going.
swampstander
6:12p, 5/31/24
The food is fried clams and a lobster roll. The beer is "Boom Sauce" double IPA from Lord Hobo Brewery. Pretty close to nirvana.
Jock 07
11:09p, 5/31/24

Quincey P. Morris
10:53a, 6/1/24
https://vinepair.com/booze-news/boston-beer-company-suntory-sale/

That would be pretty massive.
wessimo
11:08a, 6/1/24
In reply to Quincey P. Morris
Boston Beer has been in decline for a while. Too much competition.

Meanwhile, good news for Anchor Brewing:

Jock 07
1:41p, 6/1/24
In reply to wessimo
Good. They need to go back to the OG branding
swampstander
4:25p, 6/1/24
These beers are from two interesting Massachusetts breweries. Notch Brewery makes all session strength beers, Greater Good Brewery makes all imperial strength beers. Left is Pulp Daddy IINEIPA, right is Left of the Dial Session IPA.
Jock 07
9:03p, 6/1/24
In reply to Quincey P. Morris
Quincey P. Morris said:

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/boston-beer-company-suntory-sale/

That would be pretty massive.
Seems I way behind on all the various acquisitions. I wasn't tracking that dogfish is now owned by BBC.
Quincey P. Morris
9:04p, 6/1/24
In reply to Jock 07
I actually didn't know that either.
swampstander
3:18p
Came in a mixed 12 pack which was a really good deal at under 12 bucks, especially since it included 3 cans of Boom Sauce. But this beer was quite a bit too orangey for my taste. Dig the label though.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1795 of 1795
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings