Cocktail Shaker
883 Views | 7 Replies
dsvogel05
10:03a, 4/27/24
I don't have a shaker, so I need one for Cinco de Mayo. I've looked at the Yeti and Elevated Craft, is there another one I should consider?
T-HARGUS
10:54a, 4/27/24
I prefer a tin-on-tin Boston shaker. I go with the weighted larger tin and found the cheaper ones ($20) on Amazon get the job done perfectly fine.
SpiderDude
2:22p, 4/27/24
In reply to T-HARGUS
T-HARGUS said:

I prefer a tin-on-tin Boston shaker. I go with the weighted larger tin and found the cheaper ones ($20) on Amazon get the job done perfectly fine.

This. Professional bartenders almost exclusively use only Bostin Shakers. That being said, I do have a yeti one and I do like it. But the majority of the time I use a Boston shaker with one large tin and a pint glass as the other end.
chet98
2:46p, 4/27/24
I have the Elevated Craft shaker. It's great. No leak, strainer in the top that does a good job. Seemed crazy to pay that much but was a gift from the rib and was a great gift.
NATE AG03
5:07p, 4/27/24
For a cheaper option, the OXO shaker is good. The top also doubles as a jigger. It has a good seal. Made many a margarita in it.
Velvet Jones
7:03p, 4/30/24
Highly recommended.

Boston Shakers Weighted and Unweighted.

Pricier than other options but worth it. Get stainless.
Sazerac
11:09a, 5/1/24
Friends have the elevated, it is awesome, but ridiculously expensive.

I mostly stir and strain in a glass shaker. Have Boston and a cheap lidded one if I need to shake.
Cowboy Curtis
4:34p, 5/1/24
I like my Yeti.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE