6:30 start Wednesday. I won't be selling my seats this time
thumbsup73
11:57p, 4/29/24
Best hold on to them!!
TyHolden
12:11a, 4/30/24
OKCAGS
12:18a, 4/30/24
Hintz must have an injury ( probably the same with Pavelski ) but they are giving it all they have . Thank God for the 4th line , Smith and crew were awesome tonight .
JWinTX
12:24a, 4/30/24
Playoff hockey is so weird. Home ice advantage is a crapshoot. Road teams are 18-15 so far. It seems like this is not unusual for this sport.
WyoAgg10
12:56a, 4/30/24
In reply to JWinTX
Very weird. We've been great on the road all year, but with the 1 seed it'd be nice if we can pick up some home wins along the way.
Grapesoda2525
2:30a, 4/30/24
In reply to WyoAgg10
WyoAgg10 said:

Very weird. We've been great on the road all year, but with the 1 seed it'd be nice if we can pick up some home wins along the way.
Can still have a good playoff run if we are at least decent or ok at home and amazing on the road. Definitely need game 5 in a bad way tho.
All I do is Nguyen
5:48a, 4/30/24
I didn't watch again, I know what I must do going forth
Tksymm7
6:16a, 4/30/24
In reply to OKCAGS
OKCAGS said:

Hintz must have an injury ( probably the same with Pavelski ) but they are giving it all they have . Thank God for the 4th line , Smith and crew were awesome tonight .
I think Pavelski is just old. Hintz on the other hand does not look right. He's playing with seemingly no speed. Now, i don't know if that's because Vegas is just so incredibly good with their sticks and are absolutely massive clogging up lanes, who's he's playing with (hello Pavs), or that he's battling a an injury, but we NEED him to get right.
GrapevineAg
7:45a, 4/30/24
In reply to TyHolden
TyHolden said:

The guy in the white Vegas sweater near the glass cheering the first hit then complaining about the 2nd one
ChoppinDs40
8:04a, 4/30/24
In reply to GrapevineAg
The ticket postgame show talked about this play last night. Love Benn.
PatAg
8:09a, 4/30/24
Could be as simple as they are putting their focus and their best guys on Hintz and his line.
GrapevineAg
10:48a, 4/30/24
In reply to ChoppinDs40
ChoppinDs40 said:

The ticket postgame show talked about this play last night. Love Benn.
It's no surprise he's the one wearing the C. Dude always has his teammates' backs.
GrapevineAg
11:11a, 4/30/24
My son just shared this with me:
EastSideAg2002
7:45p, 4/30/24
wrong thread
Out in Left Field
8:49p, 4/30/24
Islanders woof
Danny Vermin
9:03p, 4/30/24
Boston has to be saying wtf....again?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
11:05p, 4/30/24
Avs just want it more
TV Casualty
11:06p, 4/30/24
Colorado is going to be well rested for whoever ends up winning the series.
HockeyAg07
11:23a, 5/1/24
Game day mofos! Btho game 5!
EastSideAg2002
11:39a, 5/1/24
In reply to TV Casualty
TV Casualty said:

They came into that series playing bad and the Jets playing well. What a turnaround.
The Pilot
12:00p, 5/1/24
In reply to EastSideAg2002
EastSideAg2002 said:

TV Casualty said:

They came into that series playing bad and the Jets playing well. What a turnaround.
Avs averaging 5.6 goals/game is nuts, couple that with it being against the likely Vezina winner.
Tksymm7
12:05p, 5/1/24
Fresh meat in net tonight. Adin Hill will be starting over Thompson. Pepper him early and often.
Legal Custodian
12:15p, 5/1/24
In reply to The Pilot
The Pilot said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

TV Casualty said:

Avs averaging 5.6 goals/game is nuts, couple that with it being against the likely Vezina winner.

If we can make it past Vegas, the series vs the Avs will be night and day. It will be free flowing and fast which plays into our strengths way more than this series
TV Casualty
12:36p, 5/1/24
In reply to Legal Custodian
It also plays into Colorado's strengths.

I'm not sure we want to get into a track meet with them.
FWAppraiser
12:40p, 5/1/24
In reply to Tksymm7
Tksymm7 said:

Fresh meet in net tonight. Adin Hill will be starting over Thompson. Pepper him early and often.

Bruce Cassidy trying to send a message to his team, but Thompson hasn't been their main problem.

Some fun with stats to prove my point.
A lot was made of this "new look" Vegas team for the playoffs. But other than Logan Thompson standing on his head in Game 2, Dallas has scored 3 non empty net goals in each of the other 3 games. In the final 10 games of the regular season, Vegas gave up an average of 3.1 goals per game. Over the last 20? 3 goals per game. Over the last half the season? 3.2 goals per game.
3 goals per game is what Vegas is.

Pulling Thompson seems like a dangerous game. Check out how Hill finished the regular season. (That Columbus game is fool's gold. He gave up a goal and left the game early due to injury).
shack009
1:03p, 5/1/24
In reply to FWAppraiser
Yeah I didn't think Thompson had been in the top 5 of their issues. Razor said yesterday on The Ticket that he thought Thompson has been their 2nd best player in the series after Eichel.

Sure seems like they are overreacting to the Stars getting a couple goals up high on him in the past couple games. The Johnston game winner and the Dadonov goal in game 4 aren't being stopped by anybody. Just because the Stars are trying to go high on Thompson doesn't mean he needs to be pulled now, IMO.

Hope this move bites them in the bottom.
Wehner High
1:44p, 5/1/24
Thompson has been playing with fire this whole series, in my opinion. The first two games the Stars looked extremely tight in the "high danger zones" and made him look like an all-world goalie by putting shots in his chest or missing the net entirely.

His rebound control has been terrible and it was only a matter of time before the Stars started to make him pay. Cassidy probably saw the Stars get some swagger back and didn't want to have a blowout tonight in front of the Stars crowd.

Luckily, Hill hasn't had a great season. But if the Hill from last playoffs shows up, we could have a tougher road in front of us.

Either way, let's get Hintz and Duchene going tonight and this team is going to be tough to beat after facing some adversity to start.
TV Casualty
2:29p, 5/1/24
I know you can say this about any team, but with Vegas I think it's all about their defensive structure in front of the goalie. They can make average goalies look like all stars with how they play in front of them.

Hill is just ok, but we've struggled with him. When Vegas plays well he's protected to where it's easy for him to almost always be squared up on the shot. He's a really big net minder so there is very little open net when he's square to the puck. Those over the shoulder shots are narrow with how big Hill is.

The Stars have struggled to break through Vegas' defense to get hill moving laterally where he struggles.

The Stars fire a lot right into his belly or shoot weak shots from the point hoping for a tip. Vegas usually has us tied up and kills the tip game.

It seems like a risky move from Cassidy, but Hill has had a lot of success against the Stars. Stars have to find a way to change the point of attack on Hill.
GrapevineAg
5:12p, 5/1/24
Statistically, Thompson and Hill are almost identical. Save% is .908 and .909, and GAA is 2.70 and 2.71 respectively. (fwiw, Otter is .905 and 2.72)

Razor's old saying of "you must elevate to accumulate" is in effect. Many of the Stars goals came from obtuse angles, and up high. It appears to me that Thompson doesn't do a great job of sealing the near post (much like Ben Bishop) - he definitely leaves the top open. Vegas' D is setup to keep you from shooting from the slot/middle, and making you take shots from the sides. That somewhat works against Thompson, imho. And I agree with him not being great at controlling rebounds.

Hill is a lefty whereas Thompson is a righty, so maybe they're thinking that'll change things up on us.

All in all, I don't think this change matters much. It just tells me that they think they're in trouble and need to change things up.
GrapevineAg
6:30p, 5/1/24
Is Lundkvist on the bench tonight? I hear Hakanpaa might be ready, and Bichsel is now in the AHL and could be called up.

Edit to add: no sense wasting a spot on Nils if he isn't gonna play
Kashchei
6:42p, 5/1/24
Lots of empty seats. Lazy corporate mofos.
Out in Left Field
6:44p, 5/1/24
GrapevineAg
6:45p, 5/1/24
Great, a PK with no Miro.
PatAg
6:45p, 5/1/24
In reply to Kashchei
Kashchei said:

Lots of empty seats. Lazy corporate mofos.
early start on a weekday
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 111 of 163
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off