*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****
394,284 Views | 7392 Replies
gabehcoud
9:22a, 5/2/24
Talked to my insider friend last night at the game
1) rumors of moving north are false. stars are staying at the aac and have a good relationship w new mavs owners for possible future move w mavs. If stars don't go w mavs they'll stay at AAC
2) No bally for Stars next year. Will launch streaming service partnering w some other teams.
Gomer95
9:27a, 5/2/24
In reply to gabehcoud
Wow awesome! Thanks for that tidbit! I have held off of Bally's on principle alone lol so I'll be in for some other streaming service next year.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
Tksymm7
9:32a, 5/2/24
In reply to gabehcoud
This is good news. Hopefully Ray Davis and the Rangers ownership are thinking about this with other teams as well, as Xfinity just dropped Bally. They are a ticking time bomb.
Emotional Support Cobra
11:08a, 5/2/24
In reply to gabehcoud
What does this mean for Josh and Razor and the rest of the broadcast team? Do they go with Stars org or Bally?
NukeAg10
11:15a, 5/2/24
In reply to justnobody79
justnobody79 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

I'm still pissed at the punch

complete garbage that it was only 2 minutes

Game winning goal was made on this PP, but that's some major bull*****
Legal Custodian
11:17a, 5/2/24
In reply to Emotional Support Cobra
Emotional Support Cobra said:

What does this mean for Josh and Razor and the rest of the broadcast team? Do they go with Stars org or Bally?
I believe Josh and Razor are Dallas Stars employees and not Bally's. At least I always thought so seeing as their audio is also used on their radio affiliates.

I figured the Radio guys for the Rangers are Rangers employees while the TV guys are Bally's.
Tksymm7
11:35a, 5/2/24
In reply to Legal Custodian
You are correct. Razor, Josh and the whole crew are Dallas stars employees, not Bally's. Bally is just a vessel to get the product to consumers. Even Mike Heika is technically a stars employee.
Emotional Support Cobra
9:27p, 5/2/24
This Toronto game tho...
Legal Custodian
9:40p, 5/2/24
In reply to Emotional Support Cobra
Emotional Support Cobra said:

This Toronto game tho...

Bruins about to repeat history? I'd hate it for Montgomery, but part of me doesn't like him now
sburg2007
9:41p, 5/2/24
Out of curiosity, why is that?
ryanhnc10
9:43p, 5/2/24
Nothing like game 7 hockey. Hopefully we will avoid it this round
Legal Custodian
9:45p, 5/2/24
In reply to sburg2007
sburg2007 said:

Out of curiosity, why is that?

I have no idea. Maybe just the fact he left us in the lurch after we gave him his big break? I honestly have no idea
ChoppinDs40
9:47p, 5/2/24
Would a been 1 thing if he'd have stayed away for awhile

Dude was coaching the bruins less than a year later.

Smart move by Boston. He's a hell of a coach
ryanhnc10
9:55p, 5/2/24
In reply to ChoppinDs40
ChoppinDs40 said:

So far he is a hell of a regular season coach. He hasn't done jack in the playoffs yet
sburg2007
10:42p, 5/2/24
I guess in my view he had his personal issues with the bottle so I didn't mind the club cutting bait. Glad he's got himself back together.
TV Casualty
11:18a, 5/3/24
In reply to ChoppinDs40
ChoppinDs40 said:

He might get fired if the Bruins lose this series.

shack009
2:21p, 5/3/24
In reply to sburg2007
sburg2007 said:

I guess in my view he had his personal issues with the bottle so I didn't mind the club cutting bait. Glad he's got himself back together.
This is the very PG version if the rumors at the time were true.
GrapevineAg
2:22p, 5/3/24
VGK are sticking with Hill in net tonight. Again, not sure it makes a difference. I would love to see Otter have a great game - 1 goal against or less please.
sburg2007
2:32p, 5/3/24
In reply to shack009
There were much larger issues at play but as you said, rumors. I'm not gonna post about those if not out there as truth. I have no ill will towards the guy. Hope he's truly in a good place now.
Tksymm7
2:53p, 5/3/24
In reply to GrapevineAg
Spot on here. I think Dallas just needs to keep doing to same stuff we've been doing for every game. Vegas is the one who likely needs to make some big changes.
Emotional Support Cobra
4:35p, 5/3/24
I don't want to jinx anything so I will just say that I am glad Hill is in net.
Roll the Bones
7:38p, 5/3/24
I guess the Mavs game takes precedence on the Ballys TV channels. The Stars are on BSW extra. I guess that's a stream? I would rather not watch the national crew.
Cappo
8:05p, 5/3/24
In reply to Roll the Bones
Roll the Bones said:

I guess the Mavs game takes precedence on the Ballys TV channels. The Stars are on BSW extra. I guess that's a stream? I would rather not watch the national crew.
I don't have Ballys...national crew hasn't been bad though if that's the only option
Emotional Support Cobra
8:30p, 5/3/24
More weirdness in the Preds game. Scoreless with 6:48 to go.
FWAppraiser
8:36p, 5/3/24
In reply to Tksymm7
Tksymm7 said:

Spot on here. I think Dallas just needs to keep doing to same stuff we've been doing for every game. Vegas is the one who likely needs to make some big changes.

Complete agreement. Play our game tonight. Don't take the bait because it'll be there. Vegas is going to throw everything at us. Weather the storm early, counter attack, and stick to the gameplan.
Kashchei
8:51p, 5/3/24
I have no idea what's going to happen tonight. Just hoping the Stars can close it out.
Gomer95
8:53p, 5/3/24
I hope the Stars close it out tonight but if they go to Game 7, I think I'm going to get myself and maybe my son a ticket. It'll be epic whatever happens
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
Kashchei
8:59p, 5/3/24
Canucks win. Man, if the Stars advance they'll have to go through Colorado and then either Vancouver or Edmonton. Brutal...
Buck Compton
9:15p, 5/3/24
In reply to Kashchei
Kashchei said:

Canucks win. Man, if the Stars advance they'll have to go through Colorado and then either Vancouver or Edmonton. Brutal...
Colorado is tough, but we played extremely well against both Vancouver and Edmonton this year.
DeangeloVickers
9:19p, 5/3/24
GrapevineAg
9:21p, 5/3/24
This is the most regular-season-looking playoff hockey game I've ever seen.
Kashchei
9:21p, 5/3/24
We obviously have to weather the early storm, but I'd like to see more offensive pressure...

0 SOG ain't gonna cut it
ryanhnc10
9:22p, 5/3/24
Scrambling big time. Barely surviving
Kashchei
9:23p, 5/3/24
Stank is going to be so ****ing good...
Kashchei
9:25p, 5/3/24
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard