Am i supposed to tip the carpet cleaner?

1,885 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by infinity ag
Human Being
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the etiquette for tipping the carpet cleaner?

Caesar4
AG
For small work (<3 rooms), $20 per person.

Otherwise, 20%
Human Being
AG
Thanks i appreciate it. He hasn't left yet so ill do that.
Gigem_94
AG
Seriously? We are supposed to tip carpet cleaners now? When does it end? Next it will be the Amazon driver.
maroon barchetta
People still have carpet?

Is it the 70's again?
DropDemNuggetz
AG
This can't be real…right?
one safe place
Gigem_94 said:

Seriously? We are supposed to tip carpet cleaners now? When does it end? Next it will be the Amazon driver.
I think some people like the feeling that there are people below them, thus they like to tip folks for simply doing what they are paid to do. I'm not one of them.
5C
AG
Lmao no. The only time I will tip any service outside of a restaurant is if they do an above and beyond type job and add more value to the service than expected. It doesn't happen very often.

I don't get tips for doing my job correctly

Edit: I guess I tip my barber too.
mandevilleag
maroon barchetta said:

Is it the 70's again?
I thought maybe it was a euphemism for the wax lady.
Moral High Horse
***k no
Geralt of Rivia
S
Human >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Human Being
maroon barchetta
Yeah but even Human Being could win chicken strip gift cards.
AgTrip
mandevilleag said:

maroon barchetta said:

Is it the 70's again?
I thought maybe it was a euphemism for the wax lady.

Tip if they're gentle? haha
Geralt of Rivia
S
maroon barchetta said:

Yeah but even Human Being could win chicken strip gift cards.
He would probably have to make a thread asking how to use them
AgsWin2011
AG
I don't tip unless I am being waited on. I'm not going to tip for a service I likely already overpaid for.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Gigem_94 said:

I know someone who drives for Amazon now, and he posted around Christmas time about how much tips are appreciated. Like…I hardly ever see the driver who throws my stuff on the porch, and when I do it's a different guy every time.
Athanasius
AG
Caesar4 said:

For small work (<3 rooms), $20 per person.

Otherwise, 20%
Unexpectedly to-the-point and overall helpful comment.

I had to double-check what forum I was in.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Gigem_94 said:

I'm your doctor, and you stiffed me last time. How am I supposed to afford a new boat without at least 30%?

Lower your expectations for your next prostate exam.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Maybe if you were a urologist.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Jugstore Cowboy said:

Maybe if you were a urologist.

Bro, I am not sure if you have been properly informed as to the most convenient access to the prostate.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Dwight Schrute: "Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food, I can drive a taxi, I can and do cut my own hair. I did, however, tip my urologist. Because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones."
Ginormus Ag
AG
The only question that needs to be answered about when to tip, "Did she have nice cans?"
Slicer97
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Human >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Human Being
This is not true. Like, at all.....
swimmerbabe11
These questions always remind me of the first time I ever hired movers and I realized when they were almost done that I was supposed to tip them and I didn't have any cash on me.

i gave them a handful of free beer tokens from the bar I worked at with a ton of apologies.

I found out the next week that they had come in and used them and said it was probably their favorite tip they'd ever gotten because they didn't have to feel guilty on using it for beer and they had an excuse to tell their wives/girlfriends that they had to go to the bar.

My bartender gave them a few extra beers and they took good care of him too.
Fairview
AG
I travel a lot for work and this week my hotel room (a Marriott) had a placard next to the bed with a QR code to electronically tip the housekeeper directly via an app called Shiny (I think that was name). It was officially sanctioned through the hotel and branded.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
If the van aint yella, ya got the wrong fella
infinity ag
I always marvel at people who aren't rich but tip big and get all virtue signaly about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.