Tested out being an Uber Eats driver tonight

2,754 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by AgTrip
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2 trips in 2 hours. After accounting for mileage, I profited $11.50 per hour, and that was with a $15 tip on one of them lol

How are people profiting $150 over 3 hours?
Reddit says most markets are oversaturated
C@LAg
why would you subject yourself to this.

i would rather smash my *#&$& with a hammer than deal with the needy, entitled people that order takeout.
agz win
AG
Seems feet pics on only fans or profiting from body fluids may be your better options.
infinity ag
Quote:

What do you call an Aggie in five years?

"Boss".

Quote:

What do you call an Aggie in five years?

"Uber Driver".

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
C@LAg said:

why would you subject yourself to this.

i would rather smash my *#&$& with a hammer than deal with the needy, entitled people that order takeout.

Based on what I've seen on social media, this relationship is the exact opposite. The drivers are the ones making crazy demands to do the job they agreed to do. Or they send the customer texts talking about how they won't do it without a certain tip, or letting the customer know about their hard times.
Green2Maroon
AG
You really want to do the rides. Uber eats sucks.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I dunno man. I went hiking this weekend and the trailhead is 45 min drive from my place. Had 1 pickup on my way that added 30 total min to my travel time and was paid $20 for that.

Heading to dinner last night, had 2 pickups together that took 25 min total, got paid $33 for that

There was a ****ty fare I got pinged that I declined.

Uber rides I don't really want to deal with
Petrino1
If you only had two trips in two hours, that tells me you werent driving at peak times. To make any money with Uber eats, you have to do it during the busy times: lunch hour, right after normal work hours, weekend late nights etc.
Texker
AG
I drove for Uber for a bit shortly after they launched. Lord.
lotsofhp
AG
I don't understand how these services have become so popular. Maybe my life is different from everyone else's but holy cow there are restaurants everywhere. It's so convenient. And plus the cost and the entitled drivers you hear about. I just don't get it.
agracer
AG
lotsofhp said:

I don't understand how these services have become so popular. Maybe my life is different from everyone else's but holy cow there are restaurants everywhere. It's so convenient. And plus the cost and the entitled drivers you hear about. I just don't get it.

I don't get it either. We had a virtual lunch and learn at work and the presenter sent everyone an Uber Eats online gift card for $20. By the time I ordered the fees, delivery, etc. meant I still owed like $8 for a chipotle burrito. It's $10.99 if I spend 15m to go get it myself.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
It was during peak times. Oversaturation
62strat
AG
lotsofhp said:

do you drink alcohol?

We don't order third party often, but it is always because we are already drinking at home, and don't have sh*t for the kids.. or us.
This is usually a fri or sat.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Also, 90% of the time I'm doing it, it's because there is some 20% off or BOGO deal, and so after fees and tip, it's negligibly more than if I drove there and got it.
AgTrip
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.