*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]
3,291,236 Views | 26934 Replies
TCTTS
5:48p, 5/6/24
In reply to SoulSlaveAG2005
The other way around. He remembers everything, but it's everyone else who has "amnesia," so to speak. Otherwise, yes, it's a renewed world without the robot laser guys.
SoulSlaveAG2005
5:57p, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
Thx!
MooreTrucker
6:00p, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

The other way around. He remembers everything, but it's everyone else who has "amnesia," so to speak. Otherwise, yes, it's a renewed world without the robot laser guys.
Yeah, not so much amnesia as "it never happened".
TCTTS
6:08p, 5/6/24
In reply to MooreTrucker
Exactly.
YouBet
7:00p, 5/6/24
In reply to dvldog
dvldog said:

I get it, but posts with every known cameo (earlier in the thread) takes a little bit of the fun away from seeing it and being surprised.

Maybe I'm being naive .

ETA: maybe "every known cameo" wasn't in this thread and some suggested article I saw. Saying that, there are plenty of big possible spoilers in the thread like screencaps of the entire trailer and tweets (x's?) of possible cameos.

I'm with you and don't think you are naive. It's entirely too easy to get spoiled nowadays. I avoid all trailers at this point and largely stay off these threads a few weeks out from a movie.
TCTTS
4:48p, 5/7/24

jackie childs
5:29p, 5/7/24
In reply to TCTTS
Slow down there Bob…let's just focus on "one good film" per year before you try to double it
jokershady
2:16p, 5/9/24
jeez this AI stuff is becoming so creepy that people can make videos like this....and trust me the ideas in this video are super cool and also obviously impossible but it's fun to imagine...

they took famous actors and acresses from the 80s and 90s and casted them using AI as marvel characters and while not all of them are perfect...there's a few that i wish we could've seen....mainly Arnie as Cable

fig96
2:32p, 5/9/24
In reply to jokershady
Concept is interesting but a lot of those...do not look like the people they're supposed to be.
The Porkchop Express
2:43p, 5/9/24
In reply to fig96
fig96 said:

Concept is interesting but a lot of those...do not look like the people they're supposed to be.
I need AI Ron Pearlman as Canderous Ordo from KOTOR
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TCTTS
3:09p, 5/9/24
TCTTS
5:08p, 5/9/24
I really like this dude. Definitely has a presence about him, and kind of strange, deep voice. He was the father in The Witch, one of the creepiest movies I've ever seen....

TCTTS
5:28p, 5/9/24

The Porkchop Express
5:29p, 5/9/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

I really like this dude. Definitely has a presence about him, and kind of strange, deep voice. He was the father in The Witch, one of the creepiest movies I've ever seen....

He's the author of the best Game of Thrones gif ever, as the criminally underused Dagmer Cleftjaw

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
5:34p, 5/9/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
Thank you. I knew he looked familiar.
Sex Panther
5:37p, 5/9/24
So is Malkovich Dr Doom???
TCTTS
5:40p, 5/9/24
In reply to Sex Panther
A number of reports have said Doom won't be cast until well into filming (which doesn't start until July or August), since it's apparently a one-scene or so tease at the end of the movie. That said, maybe they already found their guy, and it's Malkovich. I've seen others speculating the same.
TCTTS
5:42p, 5/9/24
In reply to Sex Panther
Then again, I've also seen speculation that it's Malkovich who could be Mole Man, and that Hauser is playing someone else.
TCTTS
Sea Speed
If he us doom, I sure to God hope he is better at an accent this time around
The Porkchop Express
5:44p, 5/9/24
If Malkovich is Doom, I really hope they let him "win" a few rounds like Thanos did.
bluefire579
5:49p, 5/9/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

Perfect voice for it IMO. Deep, gravelly, almost otherworldly.
jokershady
6:02p, 5/9/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

A number of reports have said Doom won't be cast until well into filming (which doesn't start until July or August), since it's apparently a one-scene or so tease at the end of the movie. That said, maybe they already found their guy, and it's Malkovich. I've seen others speculating the same.
There is no way Cyrus the Virus post-prostate exam AARP age is going to be Dr Doom
Sex Panther
6:09p, 5/9/24
I'd laugh if Malkovich is Silver Surfer
Whos Juan
6:35p, 5/9/24
He's obviously going to be our next T'challa
Bruce Almighty
7:00p, 5/9/24
John Malkovich is playing John Malkovich playing Dr. Doom.
Quinn
7:10p, 5/9/24
Malkovich seems too old to be Dr. Doom.
TCTTS
7:16p, 5/9/24
I'm hoping one of the other "select few" lands the gig and neither of these two, seeing as this collective body of work doesn't instill much faith (though it's certainly not all bad)...

Quote:

It has been more than seven months since Marvel fans received any update about the upcoming X-Men movie, as it was last September that Deadline reported Feige would begin hearing pitches later that fall, with a decision expected at the top of this year.

Obviously, that didn't happen, though Marvel hasn't been in any rush to hire a writer since the X-Men movie doesn't have a release date yet. Nonetheless, I'm told that Kevin Feige & Co. are coming down the homestretch, with a decision expected before Memorial Day weekend.

X-Men represents the most coveted open writing assignment in Hollywood, and to that end, I'm told that Marvel has settled on a very short list of writers that includes Rafe Judkins and Michael Lesslie, who multiple sources say are among the select few still in the mix.

Initially, I was led to believe that the decision was down to these two writers, though insiders insist that a few others are in contention.

Still, Judkins and Lesslie give us an idea of the kinds of writers Marvel is looking at - ones with experience.

Judkins got his start as a writers' assistant on The 4400 before serving as a script coordinator on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. From there, he worked as a writer on Chuck and a co-producer on Hemlock Grove before becoming the supervising producer of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He currently serves as the writer and EP of Amazon's big-budget series The Wheel of Time, and he's also reportedly set as the showrunner on Amazon's planned God of War series.

On the film side, Judkins co-wrote Tom Holland's Uncharted movie as well as Netflix's planned adaptation of The Division starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Chastain - both films based on popular video games.

Lesslie co-wrote a pair of Lionsgate movies - The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes and Now You See Me 3, and he's also behind the upcoming modern-day remake of Hamlet starring Riz Ahmed.

Additionally, he wrote the Michael Fassbender movies Assassin's Creed and Macbeth, and executive produced the acclaimed documentary The Rescue as well as Ron Howard's take on the same story, Thirteen Lives.

On the TV side, Lesslie co-wrote and EP'd Park Chan-wook's AMC miniseries The Little Drummer Girl, and he's also among the finalists to write Max's Harry Potter series. It's unclear whether he'd pull out of the running for that high-profile project if he landed the coveted X-Men gig, but obviously, he's in demand all over town.

A representative for Marvel had no comment regarding possible X-Men writers.

Though the most recent full-fledged X-Men movie, 2019's Dark Phoenix, sputtered to $252 million worldwide, the franchise was extremely lucrative for 20th Century Fox, which was acquired by Disney several months before the release of that film.

Ever since then, Feige has seen former Fox properties such as The Fantastic Four and X-Men as key to Marvel's future, especially with the Avengers Saga ending relatively soon.

Thus, X-Men was never going to be the movie where Marvel takes a chance on some up-and-coming hotshot, though Feige and his execs did cast a wide net for this all-important franchise reboot.

Writer Beau DeMayo may have gotten the chance to write the live-action X-Men movie on the strength of reviews for his Disney+ animated series X-Men '97, though those hopes were dashed when DeMayo was dismissed from the show days before the Season 1 premiere for reasons that remain unknown.

CAA represents both Lesslie and Judkins, who is also repped by Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment, whereas Grandview and Casarotto Ramsay & Associates also rep Lesslie
jokershady
7:38p, 5/9/24
In reply to Quinn
Quinn said:

the dudes 70….

Maybe he'll reprise his roll from Burn After Reading?

If he were to say this line as Dr Doom I'm back in on him being the character

Quinn
7:47p, 5/9/24
In reply to TCTTS
Those are some pretty poor choices. Is that really the best that Marvel can do?
TCTTS
7:51p, 5/9/24
In reply to Quinn
Who knows, maybe they've delivered genuinely great pitches/takes. But yeah, you'd still think other bigger/better names would be in the mix.
TCTTS
8:18p, 5/9/24
rhutton125
8:27p, 5/9/24
I'll always remember Malkovich most for having his usual American accent in the Man with the Iron Mask while surrounded by a bunch of cool European actors. He and young DiCaprio were just awful!
Gigem314
11:12p, 5/9/24
In reply to Quinn
Quinn said:

Whos Juan
11:14p, 5/9/24
John Malkovich as Herbie would actually be kinda awesome
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back