*****SURVIVOR 46 OFFICIAL THREAD*****

8,213 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Quinn
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jeff has mentioned before that they like to tweak the rules in order to stay one step ahead of the players. In that vein, I would like to see some changes to the "Shot in the Dark" rule. The effect it seems to have is that the alliances behave like the chance it pays off is 100% instead of about 17%. Yes, the player forfeits that vote, which is a reasonable cost. It just seems like the threat is overvalued.

ETA: OK, so after looking up the history of "Shot in the Dark" here https://survivor.fandom.com/wiki/Shot_in_the_Dark, my impression was totally off. The other players seem to actually undervalue it as a gameplay strategy. For example:
Quote:

On the other hand, as is with the case of flushing idols, players may consider inciting paranoia to encourage a "safe" target to play (and waste) their Shot in the Dark, removing their ability to potentially save themselves at a later date.

Given that the Shot in the Dark prevents one from casting a vote, players may strategically "waste" their Shot in the Dark even without any threat of elimination. This presumably prevents them from showing their cards and potentially burning bridges with other tribe members. Players may also turn over their Shot in the Dark to another player as collateral or as a show of trust.
Rudyjax
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Rudyjax said:

Is shot in the dark in play this season?

Yeah. They mentioned it several times early on as being a concern
They've been really good about keeping the vote quiet.
ElephantRider
AG
WTF Maria? That was brutal
Quinn
AG
Interesting that the players seemed to have a high view of Q's potential to win. I kind of had the same thought as he led a lot of the votes in the middle of the game.

Maria's debate on who to take to Pizza Hut was brutal. I can't believe that she thought that was the right way to do it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.