*** ALIEN: ROMULUS ***

4,217 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Al Bula
Leonard H. Stringfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too spooky for ole Leonard..
jokershady
AG
just discovered this on redit while wanting to look up some details on this movie.....and holy crap i think this photo confirms this will be the alien isolation game brought to the big screen!

below is the first teaser photo that was apparently released in april of last year from the twitter account "DiscussingFilm" announcing it.

those of you who've played the game like me....notice anything in the background that was of constant pivotal importance??? man i hope this isn't a fake image....

Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm betting this takes place between Alien and Alien Isolation in the timeline
Thanks and gig'em
Max Power
AG
MaroonStain said:

Now I will sit all weekend trying to figure out the Romulus connection. Prometheus brought fire to man. Romulus and Remus settled Rome so that may be the connection.
This is a quote from Fede Alvarez about the title:
The names Remus and Romulus actually stem from ancient Roman mythology - they were the mythological creators of Rome - the largest empire the world had ever seen. As the story goes, Remus and Romulus were twin boys who feed from a she-wolf type of creature to gain its powers. The story symbolizes harvesting resources from a dangerous beast to become more powerful - very much inline with the Prometheus title Ridley chose for his Alien prequel - having similar symbolism about stealing the power from the Gods to elevate Mankind to God-like status.
Here's my initial take based on the trailer combined with the director's description. At the beginning of the trailer there's a fairly small ship approaching a large space station. That station is likely a hidden research facility that Weyland-Yutani has setup to study the xenomorphs, but they don't have xenomorphs, they only have eggs. The herd of face huggers is indicative that not only are there many eggs on board, but something facilitated a large number of them hatching collectively. In every other Alien movie where a face hugger emerges, it's one of them for a single person, even if one person is in a room with numerous eggs. I'm also guessing that initially this facility was being run by two people or entities, one kills the other to take all the control/power. The crew from the small ship comes in and discovers what happened, but whoever was left from the power struggle has them trapped basically in a maze and they try to escape but whoever is running the place is trying to secure a xenomorph. They obviously succeed in creating one based on the trailer. I keep saying entity because I'm assuming an android is who is effectively Romulus in this scenario. Plot could effectively be pulling from elements of Alien, Prometheus, and Covenant but I'm not worried about it being unoriginal because Alvarez can really put a horror film together.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
you would think by now with the apparent high "do no harm" failure rate of androids in the Aliens universe (as seen in the movies, comics, books and games) that they would have outlawed/banned androids by this point.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Tonight I went to see a couple of movies at the local Alamo Drafthouse - 1999's The Mummy (lots of fun) and the original Alien movie. Prior to the start of Alien, there was a short feature with Fede Alvarez and Sir Ridley Scott talking about the former's inspiration derived from Alien in making Alien: Romulus, and a nice interview on how Scott made the original movie on essentially a shoe-string budget.
#FJB
Faustus
Catching up on the thread and the fact that you posted two f bomb tweets and they're still up two weeks later is pretty funny.

You must be living right.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, when I'm actually typing out posts myself, I'm usually aware when I use language. But when I post tweets, because I'm not in elementary school, I hardly ever notice that there might be a cuss word, one that fellow adults have deemed "bad" on a site read almost exclusively by other fellow adults. I just don't even think twice about it. And I guess since this board isn't as heavily viewed/moderated as some of the others, those tweets slip through the cracks every so often, both on my end and staff's. In other words, this is a long way of saying it's not intentional.
jokershady
AG
This is the first Alien movie I've ever been really hyped about seeing! Even if it doesn't follow the plot of Alien Isolation it's still gonna be awesome!
Sea Speed
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, when I'm actually typing out posts myself, I'm usually aware when I use language. But when I post tweets, because I'm not in elementary school, I hardly ever notice that there might be a cuss word, one that fellow adults have deemed "bad" on site read almost exclusively by other fellow adults. I just don't even think twice about it. And I guess since this board isn't as heavily viewed/moderated as some of the others, those tweets slip through the cracks every so often, both on my end and staff's. In other words, this is a long way of saying it's not intentional.

There is almost certainly no one under the age of 18 that reads this board. The puritan level of moderation around curse words is pretty funny.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jokershady said:

This is the first Alien movie I've ever been really hyped about seeing! Even if it doesn't follow the plot of Alien Isolation it's still gonna be awesome!
Were you around in '86 and aware of Aliens? Even Alien3 had some hype to it but that fizzled pretty quickly.

I was super-hyped for Prometheus. It didn't deliver but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. I had about as much hype for Alien Covenant as I did for Alien Resurrection, although Covenant was worthy of seeing more than once. Not so much AR.

I'm really looking forward to Romulus but I have some concerns over the apparent age of the characters (are they all very young adults or even kids?)
#FJB
jokershady
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jokershady said:

Were you around in '86 and aware of Aliens? Even Alien3 had some hype to it but that fizzled pretty quickly.

I was super-hyped for Prometheus. It didn't deliver but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. I had about as much hype for Alien Covenant as I did for Alien Resurrection, although Covenant was worthy of seeing more than once. Not so much AR.

I'm really looking forward to Romulus but I have some concerns over the apparent age of the characters (are they all very young adults or even kids?)
dude i was born in '85 and am 38 years old…

Edit: BOOMER!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jokershady said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jokershady said:

dude i was born in '85 and am 38 years old…

Edit: BOOMER!
Gee, I started at A&M the year you were born. But I'm not of the baby boomer generation, I came into this world a bit after that.
#FJB
Al Bula
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.