Pearl Jam - Dark Matter

2,807 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by InnocentBystander99
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SteveA said:

not faith hill

Well if you think it's a tricked up Breath then that makes sense why I love it so much as that's one of my all time favorite songs.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Listening now. Wreckage is great. I get a late 90's rock feel to it mixed with something more recent...almost a certain kind of country feel? Can't quite place it.

In a couple spots it's reminiscent of Petty's Learning To Fly. This is the song I'm stuck on like a mental patient. I cannot stop listening to it. For whatever reason I connect with it big time.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Listening now. Wreckage is great. I get a late 90's rock feel to it mixed with something more recent...almost a certain kind of country feel? Can't quite place it.

In a couple spots it's reminiscent of Petty's Learning To Fly. This is the song I'm stuck on like a mental patient. I cannot stop listening to it. For whatever reason I connect with it big time.
Yes I get a bit of that too, good call out. I am in the same boat on this one, it is a great song.
MookieBlaylock
AG
This is the first PJ album in years - if you don't like this one then clearly this isn't your band

Like I said this producer did the damn near impossible and convinced the band to make an actual PJ record

Counterpoint
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Chipotlemonger said:

I've been listening to this album a lot lately and I love it, but the song I have stuck in my head is Learning To Fly. Now I finally realize why, so thank you!
Rudyjax
AG
Finally got my vinyl from 10c.

I'm not an audiophile, but after hearing it on Spotify so many times, it sounds so damn good on vinyl.
Rudyjax
AG

The album is completely clear. The black is from my mat.
InnocentBystander99
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

This is the first PJ album in years - if you don't like this one then clearly this isn't your band

Like I said this producer did the damn near impossible and convinced the band to make an actual PJ record

I agree, Watt got Pearl Jam to sound like Pearl Jam again.
InnocentBystander99
AG
Rudyjax said:

I'm not an audiophile, but after hearing it on Spotify so many times, it sounds so damn good on vinyl.

Mine will finally be here today too. I dont think I will order from 10 Club again. I saw on reddit that apparently they overcharged some people for shipping and have been giving refunds.
Know Your Enemy
AG
InnocentBystander99 said:

Rudyjax said:

Mine will finally be here today too. I dont think I will order from 10 Club again. I saw on reddit that apparently they overcharged some people for shipping and have been giving refunds.

The shipping issue was figured out pretty quickly after the vinyl was made available to purchase so yes some people got overcharged initially but were given immediate refunds from what I saw on their forum.
Rudyjax
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Rudyjax said:

The shipping issue was figured out pretty quickly after the vinyl was made available to purchase so yes some people got overcharged initially but were given immediate refunds from what I saw on their forum.
How much did they charge over?
InnocentBystander99
AG
Rudyjax said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Rudyjax said:

I think it was $15.
Rudyjax
AG

Rudyjax said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Rudyjax said:

I think it was $15.
I paid $13.30.

Just saw that it was for multiples.
Rudyjax
AG
If can, get the FLAC or vinyl.

The sound on Spotify doesn't do it justice.
InnocentBystander99
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.