Significantly unhumble humble brag incoming
2,063 Views | 31 Replies
The Porkchop Express
3:24p, 5/1/24
After many years falling short on bidding for work and several million rounds of interviews over the past 2 months, I got hired today to ghostwrite a book for a retiring exec from Disney. NDA signed so no further details, but I've got my foot in the door, and am that much closer to my master plan of kidnapping Dave Filoni, stealing his hat, and taking over the creative direction of of Star Wars.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Carlo4
3:35p, 5/1/24
NoahAg
3:44p, 5/1/24
Chapter 1: How I Ruined Star Wars
CheeseSndwch
4:16p, 5/1/24
Make sure to include an anecdote about the Disney Exec falling in some mud and ruining the very pants they were about to return.
JCA1
4:22p, 5/1/24
In reply to CheeseSndwch
CheeseSndwch said:

Make sure to include an anecdote about the Disney Exec falling in some mud and ruining the very pants they were about to return.
These are the type of stories you should be bringing me!
Leggo My Elko
4:23p, 5/1/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
Are you still ghostwriting that book on the business bro who was like a character out of succession?
BadMoonRisin
4:27p, 5/1/24
nice. congrats.
Flashdiaz
4:37p, 5/1/24
so who's the retiring exec? initials KK?
The Porkchop Express
4:42p, 5/1/24
In reply to Leggo My Elko
Leggo My Elko said:

Are you still ghostwriting that book on the business bro who was like a character out of succession?

He vanished after some of his story didn't add up.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
4:46p, 5/1/24
I look forward to my shout-out.
GoAgs92
4:47p, 5/1/24
Congrats! Exciting news for you.
The Porkchop Express
4:51p, 5/1/24
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Foreword: To Brian Earl Spilner, who taught me that Natalie Portman has been getting stalked on 4chan for 2 decades.
An L of an Ag
4:57p, 5/1/24
Congrats!
Unemployed
5:19p, 5/1/24
You have to figure a way to mention TexAgs Entertainment board somewhere in the book.
Aggie_Journalist
6:05p, 5/1/24
That's a big win. Congratulations
Thanks and gig'em
ABATTBQ11
8:04p, 5/1/24
You need to include a coded message where the first letter of every word in a series spells, "**** Kathleen Kennedy."
The Porkchop Express
11:34p, 5/1/24
In reply to ABATTBQ11
ABATTBQ11 said:

You need to include a coded message where the first letter of every word in a series spells, "**** Kathleen Kennedy."
The running TexAgs Kathleen Kennedy Kounter:

Wrote, directed, produced, and made every single creative decision: The Last Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker, Mando Season 3, The Book of Boba Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Might have had something to do with: Solo, Ahsoka

Had absolutely nothing to do with: The Force Awakens, Rogue One, Mando Seasons 1 & 2, The Bad Batch, Tales of the Jedi, Andor.
TCTTS
1:10a, 5/2/24
Congrats! Thats so awesome.

Ghostwriting for a Disney exec technically = ghostrunning Star Wars, as far as I'm concerned.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
9:18a, 5/2/24
The Porkchop Express said:

Leggo My Elko said:

Shocker. Trust fun Terry didnt realize his fake story about "grinding" and "hustling" on his "6" businesses would be obviously unbelievable to anyone with a brain and not on the direct payroll of his dad. The guy sounds like a normal dude from Highland Park.
bonfarr
9:41a, 5/2/24
Ask him what he thinks of Kathleen Kennedy.
The Porkchop Express
11:02a, 5/2/24
In reply to VP at Pierce and Pierce
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Leggo My Elko said:

Shocker. Trust fun Terry didnt realize his fake story about "grinding" and "hustling" on his "6" businesses would be obviously unbelievable to anyone with a brain and not on the direct payroll of his dad. The guy sounds like a normal dude from Highland Park.
Well the first warning sign was that he claimed to own 6 companies and be worth like $28 million but couldn't get me $500 upfront via Paypal for the next section of the book.
LMCane
12:53p, 5/2/24

After many years falling short on bidding for work and several million rounds of interviews over the past 2 months, I got hired today to ghostwrite a book for a retiring exec from Disney. NDA signed so no further details, but I've got my foot in the door, and am that much closer to my master plan of kidnapping Dave Filoni, stealing his hat, and taking over the creative direction of of Star Wars.
dreyOO
1:22p, 5/2/24
I have no idea what ghostwriting entails or what porkchop looks like. But I have this image of Chris Farley doing the interviews now. Can't help it.

Seriously, congrats! Very cool.
Max Power
2:48p, 5/2/24
In reply to NoahAg
NoahAg said:

Chapter 1: How I Ruined Star Wars

EOT
StinkyPinky
2:53p, 5/2/24
Will be on the look out for the easter eggs. And you will be judged on the quality of them…
Brian Earl Spilner
2:54p, 5/2/24

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Foreword: To Brian Earl Spilner, who taught me that Natalie Portman has been getting stalked on 4chan for 2 decades.

If you find a way to work at least a significant portion of the Natalie Portman at the Oscars after-party story into your book, I'll Venmo you $100.
The Porkchop Express
3:57p, 5/2/24
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

If you find a way to work at least a significant portion of the Natalie Portman at the Oscars after-party story into your book, I'll Venmo you $100
Fortunately I learned my lesson about sharing anything from my last big Entertainment book, so that's not going to happen. Although, to be fair, That wasn't anyone 's fault but mine (and the doxxers, God Bless them!). You guys made that project a lot of fun while it lasted.
MSFC Aggie
4:05p, 5/2/24
In reply to Unemployed
Unemployed said:

You have to figure a way to mention TexAgs Entertainment board somewhere in the book.
And try to get a Redstone-ism in there somewhere
dcaggie04
4:05p, 5/2/24
I look forward to falling asleep while reading your work.
The Porkchop Express
4:06p, 5/2/24
In reply to dcaggie04
dcaggie04 said:

I look forward to falling asleep while reading your work.
Why is my wife posting on here?
Malachi Constant
4:26p, 5/2/24
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
5:01p, 5/2/24
15 years from now this is going to be an epic bump when OP indeed takes over the star wars creative direction.

I'm pulling for you OP!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off