Cut/Stack 1 week in 1960s?

1,123 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiejim70
Sue94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, all - I'm working on some Bonfire history and trying to get a couple basic things straight in my head - I appreciate any help. I know in the '90s we spent most of a semester cutting/loading then stacking and ended up with Push (I can't remember how long Push was then bc i am old ). But i think in the '60s they just put the hammer down and got cut/stack all done in a week and then burned it. Are those right, and can any of y'all help me fill in when/how the time frames shifted?
Grateful for any and all help,
Sue "Shortcake" '94, Haas Hall
aggiejim70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll make the case that the '67 Bonfire was the best of the bunch. That year we played at Rice on Saturday and t.u. 5 days later on Thanksgiving. Rice was a Corps Trip so just about everybody left on Friday. When we did, the center pole was up and very little else. Non-regs worked on Saturday during the Rice game. The FTAB worked on the stack, and we were out there Saturday night. My Bonfire squad was on first shift, so I had to hurry back to campus. We worked on Sunday and Monday but were expected to be in class Tuesday and Wednesday. It's lost in the mists of time if anyone cut class to work on Bonfire.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.