Colony Ridge Developer Tells His Side...
16,854 Views | 125 Replies
NoahAg
4:48p, 12/21/23
In reply to StandUpforAmerica
StandUpforAmerica said:

So much misleading information here. The average person has no idea how development financing works for special districts, MUDs, management districts, etc.
Fightin_Aggie
6:08p, 12/21/23
Just watched It's a Wonderful Life

This ****** is Mr. Potter in Real Life

?w=898

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Potter
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
fka ftc
9:04a, 12/22/23
In reply to RebelE91
RebelE91 said:

The ex-mayor that Michael Berry interviewed for about an hour mentioned Tim Green of Coats Rose was the attorney helping the developer with development legal issues. Tim Green is an above board development and public law attorney. If he's involved the development and its various financing entities are being done legally, despite what the headlines suggest.
I have used Coats Rose before and would place a large bet that the developer received appropriate and sound legal counsel.

People may not like the laws and how they work in this particular instance, but Coats Rose is not the type of firm to involve itself readily in shady activities - at least in my experience with them and knowledge of the firm and several attorneys in similar businesses.
IndividualFreedom
10:45a, 12/22/23
I have mentioned this before but I supplied all the materials for building those rolled concrete roads, before anyone knew how it was being used (including myself). I had a recent conversation with my customer about the whole sitch after sharing a breitbart link. I could tell he was/is tied up in this (whether lawfully or not). His argument was based around this being legit and legal through a bidding process. He defended every aspect of the legitimacy in the process of creation. He used the phrase, "Far Right" to describe those against them. We did not get into the ethical business side post construction discussion. This fella conveniently sits on the board of the MUD district.

In my opinion the idea that a private bidding system is legit is laughable. That door for corruption is wide open. Predatory actions during this invasion is done in very poor taste and describes the individuals involved. Perhaps it is legit under law. Perhaps large donations to govt. is legit. Perhaps this style of lending is legal.

Just seems like a lot of stars need to align in order for this to be legit.
Fat Black Swan
9:13p, 1/12/24
StandUpforAmerica
3:38p, 3/14/24
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
Viper16
4:00p, 3/14/24
StandUpforAmerica said:

It's about time.......needed to be done sooner, but this will suffice!
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
C@LAg
4:08p, 3/14/24
Antoninus
4:17p, 3/14/24
In reply to aggiez03
aggiez03 said:

they charge 12.9% interest and you cannot refinance.

Basically they are taking advantage of people who can't get credit elsewhere and don't know any better than to buy property at an extremely high interest rate.

EDIT: 97% of Liberty county Foreclosures are in Colony Ridge.
In 2020, 13% of the properties sold (2900 lots) were foreclosed on
Yes, opposition to Colony Ridge is all based upon a desire to protect these uninformed borrowers from predatory lending practices.
StandUpforAmerica
4:27p, 3/14/24
In reply to Antoninus
Antoninus said:

aggiez03 said:

they charge 12.9% interest and you cannot refinance.

Basically they are taking advantage of people who can't get credit elsewhere and don't know any better than to buy property at an extremely high interest rate.

EDIT: 97% of Liberty county Foreclosures are in Colony Ridge.
In 2020, 13% of the properties sold (2900 lots) were foreclosed on
Yes, opposition to Colony Ridge is all based upon a desire to protect these uninformed borrowers from predatory lending practices.
Don't care. If that's where the law allows Paxton to go after them, I'm good with it. But in the end, it's probably too little, too late.

I don't remember you having this same reaction when Letitia James went after Trump.
You didn't start by questioning motives. You just kept saying she was following the letter of the law. Why the change?
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
StandUpforAmerica
8:34a, 3/18/24
Interesting that Cleveland makes the list.

MouthBQ98
8:45a, 3/18/24
This has always been a slumlord MOA, from used car lots to mobile home lots: sell people with unstable incomes and bad credit cheap properties or assets via owner/dealer financed lending at high rates and in terms as legally favorable to the lender as possible. Collect payment a few months or maybe years until the borrower defaults, then legally repossess the property, and start the process over with the next dupe. The owner/dealer almost always gets their asset back and after taking a bunch of high interest payments that more than covers the repossession costs.
Gator92
5:21p, 5/2/24
Meanwhile...

The D
5:22p, 5/2/24
Going to be a lot of **** floating around in that water
Fightin_Aggie
5:35p, 5/2/24
In reply to Gator92
Gator92 said:

Meanwhile...

I'm not supervised that area is very flat and maybe 2' above the flood plain if that. Hence why they didn't develop it

Also slumlords don't put in drainage
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
OneProudAg
11:05p, 5/2/24
StandUpforAmerica said:

Interesting that Cleveland makes the list.

Cleveland is the outlier in this metric when it comes to being competitive. The growth is not what you want.
AW 1880
11:18p, 5/2/24
In reply to MouthBQ98
Worked for Uncle Slayton.
A_Gang_Ag_06
11:23p, 5/2/24
In reply to AW 1880
Who still has his Texas pride…
Jack Squat 83
11:42p, 5/2/24
Not to worry I'm sure they all have flood insurance (lol), and if not FJB will help these folks to some of our tax dollars. Np.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
TexAgs91
1:47a, 5/3/24
In reply to Gator92
Gator92 said:

Meanwhile...

Should be easy for Texas State Troopers to round them up then and deport them.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
MouthBQ98
8:05a, 5/3/24
Unfortunately completely predictable. They entire area is coastal floodplain. Very level and already low lying compared to areas to the west. Heavy rainfall in that area just pools up.

To be fair, the same issues affect wealthier development in the same general area but they have better drainage infrastructure and building standards and are more likely to be properly insured.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings