Gold and Silver sending a signal?
10,078 Views | 88 Replies
Ghost Mech
7:15a, 5/18/24
In reply to Space-Tech
Space-Tech said:

Grifters gonna grift, just crypto bros moving on to the next fad, trying to score a quick buck.

Matthew 26:15 - "What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver."

Judas was the OG crypto bro!

Do you think he regrets selling out the Son of the Creator of the Universe (aka God) for $1,000?

Shoefly!
10:22a, 5/18/24
In reply to boulderaggie
boulderaggie said:

I'll throw out a lowbrow take that hopefully the smart folks here can correct, but if you're thinking the dollar will eventually collapse, put your cash into real goods, physical things now while you can - basically getting something in hand for your cash while it's worth something until there is a financial collapse. Precious metals should maintain value regardless of the currency (i don't think of it as an investment, more like insurance), and BTC in theory. I like the idea of 'getting something' for my cash now that I know I'll need/want/use in the future. For me, it's tools, equipment, an outbuilding/shop, and essentials. I just bought some amateur radio stuff from a fellow TexAger last month. Anyway, i think your money in the bank will likely vanish if there's a collapse, so might be better to do something with it now.

Tools like Guns and Ammo?
Hungry Ojos
10:27a, 5/18/24
Ok, somebody help me out here. On a whim, about three years ago, I bought 200 2021 American Silver Eagle coins from Monument metals for a total of $7,848.

Silver has supposedly exploded and spot price for an ounce of silver currently is $31.73. $31.73 x 200 = $6,346.

So does that mean, after a three year investment, and silver reaching all time highs, I'm still in the red $1,500????

Some investment.
General Jack D. Ripper
11:06a, 5/18/24
In reply to Hungry Ojos
Hungry Ojos said:

Ok, somebody help me out here. On a whim, about three years ago, I bought 200 2021 American Silver Eagle coins from Monument metals for a total of $7,848.

Silver has supposedly exploded and spot price for an ounce of silver currently is $31.73. $31.73 x 200 = $6,346.

So does that mean, after a three year investment, and silver reaching all time highs, I'm still in the red $1,500????

Some investment.

You paid $39.24 an ounce for silver eagles and you're complaining? Why would you spend that much? Don't blame silver for your bad purchase. I was buying silver eagles as late as the end of 2023 for around $25 an ounce.

2021 silver eagles are now going for $41.57 and ounce on monument metals. That would mean your "investment" rose to $8314.00 or a $1968 profit.

Silver Eagles, Maples and other sovereigns have a huge premium markup. If you're stacking stack generic rounds. I own a ton of sovereigns but just because I like them. But they are not a good investment unless you can find someone to pay the premium.
We’ve gone from “safe, free and effective” to “bro, the vax didn’t kill THAT many people”.
Hungry Ojos
11:09a, 5/18/24
Awesome! Do you want to buy them from me for $8314?
General Jack D. Ripper
11:11a, 5/18/24
In reply to Hungry Ojos
Lol, no. I made my purchases over the last 4 years. I've got my stack. Now I'm just going to sit back and watch the misery unfold.

My only concern is that the Feds will outlaw bullion (they did so in the middle of the 20th century) as they transition us serfs to CBDC.
We’ve gone from “safe, free and effective” to “bro, the vax didn’t kill THAT many people”.
Space-Tech
3:53p, 5/18/24
In reply to Logos Stick
Logos Stick said:

Space-Tech said:

Grifters gonna grift, just crypto bros moving on to the next fad, trying to score a quick buck.

Gold has been around since the beginning of time, lib. Most people use it to hedge inflation. Comparing it to crypto is absurd.

At 4% inflation, which is about what we have with your fellow liberals in charge, the dollar will lose half its value in 17 years. Might want to consider some gold. Or hold on to your dollars while they fade away.
There's a metric called the Dow to Gold ratio and as it name implies, it measures the relative value between the two. To date, the DJIA has always outpaced gold on a one-to-one value, and that's not accounting for the dividends paid out by DJIA shares.

It's also quite naive of you to assume that true market movers are buying gold right now as it spikes. Crypto bros have latched on to it as it is experiencing low double digit growth (as it does every election year) so the hype around it is above historical norms.

Just buying into fear literally lowers your long-term wealth potential.
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
Heineken-Ashi
5:12p, 5/18/24
In reply to Space-Tech
Space-Tech said:

Logos Stick said:

Space-Tech said:

Gold has been around since the beginning of time, lib. Most people use it to hedge inflation. Comparing it to crypto is absurd.

At 4% inflation, which is about what we have with your fellow liberals in charge, the dollar will lose half its value in 17 years. Might want to consider some gold. Or hold on to your dollars while they fade away.
There's a metric called the Dow to Gold ratio and as it name implies, it measures the relative value between the two. To date, the DJIA has always outpaced gold on a one-to-one value, and that's not accounting for the dividends paid out by DJIA shares.

It's also quite naive of you to assume that true market movers are buying gold right now as it spikes. Crypto bros have latched on to it as it is experiencing low double digit growth (as it does every election year) so the hype around it is above historical norms.

Just buying into fear literally lowers your long-term wealth potential.

Bookmarked for a year from now.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
General Jack D. Ripper
7:09p, 5/18/24
In reply to Space-Tech
Stock can be exchanged for cash. And at this point in history, cash is nothing more than what the government can say it's worth and how much time/labor serfs are willing to trade for it. At some point though it will become untenable and those stocks will be worth worthless paper.

I've heard people say that gold/silver won't be in demand in a post economic collapse. People will need to store their wealth in something that is recognized as limited in supply and not easily replicable (see the efforts of societies to counterfeit-proof their currencies). Just like 500 hundred years ago (and 2,000 years ago) gold and silver have held their worth. People will need it and continue to use it.

I
Gordo14
7:38p, 5/18/24
In reply to sam callahan
sam callahan said:

I have been perplexed for almost two decades how this house of cards hasn't already fallen.

Maybe because it isn't a house of cards. Nah that definitely can't be it.
TTUArmy
10:20p, 5/18/24
In reply to Sid Farkas
Sid Farkas said:

I won't taunt the gold bros here…I'll let The Oracle do it

Quote:

"(W)ith an asset like gold, for example, you know, basically gold is a way of going long on fear, and it's been a pretty good way of going long on fear from time to time. But you really have to hope people become more afraid in the year or two years than they are now. And if they become more afraid you make money, if they become less afraid you lose money. But the gold itself doesn't produce anything"

-Warren Buffet

Gold … has two significant shortcomings, being neither of much use nor procreative. True, gold has some industrial and decorative utility, but the demand for these purposes is both limited and incapable of soaking up new production. Meanwhile, if you own one ounce of gold for an eternity, you will still own one ounce at its end

-Warren Buffet

I have no views as to where (gold) will be (in the next five years), but the one thing I can tell you is it won't do anything between now and then except look at you

-Warren Buffet

His father had a very different view of gold.
Ghost Mech
7:10a, 5/20/24

Quote:

Copper Roars, Gold Soars To Record Highs As Metals Hit "History-Making Mode"

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/copper-roars-gold-soars-record-highs-metals-hit-history-making-mode
[url=https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/copper-roars-gold-soars-record-highs-metals-hit-history-making-mode][/url]

Nothing to see here..... Are you starting to get the big picture yet?

Hint: Physical assets are signaling weakness in the currency/debt markets. Physical reality vs digital narrative
nortex97
7:20a, 5/20/24
In reply to Ghost Mech
Crypto and metals seem like smart plays to me. I've read quite a few hot takes by folks a lot smarter than I am, with a background in this stuff and that's my take away, anyway.
Ghost Mech
7:33a, 5/20/24
In reply to Hungry Ojos
Hungry Ojos said:

Some investment.

You must be new to the silver market.......

Eagles have a premium on them.

What was spot when you purchased? Looking at old charts, spot was roughly between $26 and $31 in 2021. I'm guessing you paid $10-$13 per oz for the premium.

Premiums on eagles can be ridiculous. Especially when the US Mint is deliberately withholding production.

Here is an interview with Jack Sermon - Head of Eagle production at US Mint. In the interview, he admits that he was told by the Head of the Mint (Ventris Gibson) to limit production. Mind you, there is a law on the books, that the US Mint needs to produce adequate supply of Eagles to meet demand.

Who is Ventris?
[url=https://www.usmint.gov/about/leadership/director#:~:text=In%202022%2C%20the%20President%20of,largest%20Mint%20in%20the%20world.][/url]
Quote:

https://www.usmint.gov/about/leadership/director#:~:text=In%202022%2C%20the%20President%20of,largest%20Mint%20in%20the%20world.

In 2022, the President of the United States nominated, and the Senate unanimously confirmed, the Honorable Ventris C. Gibson as the 40th Director of the United States Mint. She is the first African American to lead the U.S. Mint, which is the largest Mint in the world. She served as its Deputy Director prior to her presidential appointment.

Director Gibson is a U.S. Navy veteran, joining the Mint from District of Columbia Government. Prior to her service with the District, she served as the Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and also as the Director of Administration for the National Labor Relations Board.
Ms. Gibson's career includes leadership roles in the Federal Aviation Administration, where she was Assistant Administrator for Human Resources; Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Resource Management at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and its first Deputy Assistant Secretary for Resolution Management. She was VA's highest-ranking woman veteran responsible for human resources management and civil rights programs affecting 230,000 employees.

Notice anything about her resume? Why would you appoint an HR director to run a production facility?

Sims
8:28a, 5/20/24
In reply to Ghost Mech
Ghost Mech said:

Quote:

Copper Roars, Gold Soars To Record Highs As Metals Hit "History-Making Mode"

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/copper-roars-gold-soars-record-highs-metals-hit-history-making-mode
[url=https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/copper-roars-gold-soars-record-highs-metals-hit-history-making-mode][/url]

Nothing to see here..... Are you starting to get the big picture yet?

Hint: Physical assets are signaling weakness in the currency/debt markets. Physical reality vs digital narrative

Those charts are compelling without a doubt and it's hard given the context to discount that things might be "different this time."

If someone weren't already invested, I don't think I would get in here. Too far, too fast and you'd have to think they're coming back down to test some previous support.

Many have been higher before than they are now and then spent a decade or two floundering around underneath those highs.
carl spacklers hat
5:06p, 5/20/24
In reply to Ghost Mech
Ghost Mech said:

Space-Tech said:

Matthew 26:15 - "What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver."

Judas was the OG crypto bro!

Do you think he regrets selling out the Son of the Creator of the Universe (aka God) for $1,000?

Take it to the Religion Board
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
FrankK
10:51a, 5/21/24
In reply to Hungry Ojos
Hungry Ojos said:

Some investment.
You really shouldn't be investing in things you don't understand. The question That you ask, indicates that you neither understand the value of what you paid, nor the value of what you own now.

Warren Buffett offered some sage advice. He said that he never invest in anything that he doesn't understand.
Hungry Ojos
11:00a, 5/21/24
In reply to FrankK
FrankK said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Some investment.
You really shouldn't be investing in things you don't understand. The question That you ask, indicates that you neither understand the value of what you paid, nor the value of what you own now.

Warren Buffett offered some sage advice. He said that he never invest in anything that he doesn't understand.

Thanks, but I think I'm gonna be ok…
Ghost Mech
8:57a, 5/22/24
In reply to Hungry Ojos
Yep. You're going to be just fine. Especially since you are holding onto the most under valued commodity on the planet.

And BTW it's highlight manipulated to the down side.....ie JPM paid a $920 million dollar fine for silver market manipulation in 2020. https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN26K321/

Connecting the dots yet folks?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off