Updates on House Foreign Aid Bill
12,524 Views | 231 Replies
YouBet
1:24p, 4/21/24
Boy, this seems like slander since this was proven to be false. Was it not?

Quote:

I serve with some real scumbags. Look, Matt Gaetz, he paid minors to have sex with him at drug parties, Bob Good endorsed my opponent, a known neo-Nazi," Gonzales said on "State of the Union." "These fringe people think they have the high ground. They do not."
Ellis Wyatt
1:25p, 4/21/24
Shocker! Republicans in DC are not serious, just like republicans in Austin. Lie to your constituents to get elected and then just run out the clock legislative cycle after legislative cycle while everything ratchets leftward. Then, make sure and throw your hands up and whine about vote margins, no matter if in power or not. Do nothing.
YouBet
1:28p, 4/21/24
In reply to Ellis Wyatt
Ellis Wyatt said:

Shocker! Republicans in DC are not serious, just like republicans in Austin. Lie to your constituents to get elected and then just run out the clock legislative cycle after legislative cycle while everything ratchets leftward. Then, make sure and throw your hands up and whine about vote margins, no matter if in power or not. Do nothing.

And on the off chance they try they are labeled far right extremists.
Ellis Wyatt
1:28p, 4/21/24
In reply to YouBet
YouBet said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

And on the off chance they try they are labeled far right extremists.
They're gutless.
Ellis Wyatt
1:29p, 4/21/24
Or compromised.
CREAg87
1:38p, 4/21/24
In reply to YouBet
YouBet said:

Boy, this seems like slander since this was proven to be false. Was it not?

Quote:

I serve with some real scumbags. Look, Matt Gaetz, he paid minors to have sex with him at drug parties, Bob Good endorsed my opponent, a known neo-Nazi," Gonzales said on "State of the Union." "These fringe people think they have the high ground. They do not."

Tony G is absolute filth.
Keep your rifle by your side
Burpelson
1:49p, 4/21/24
Does Putin stop with Ukraine? No so what is next logical step for Putin that does not advance U.S. into a larger War?
RebelE Infantry
1:54p, 4/21/24
In reply to Burpelson
Burpelson said:

Does Putin stop with Ukraine? No so what is next logical step for Putin that does not advance U.S. into a larger War?

Ya, he probably does.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
jrdaustin
1:54p, 4/21/24
In reply to Watermelon Man
Watermelon Man said:

jrdaustin said:

YouBet said:

jrdaustin said:

YouBet said:

The objective is stalemate for 2024. That's been stated by many and the media even runs with that now.

Until one of two things happen (1) West Ukroane joins NATO or (2) Europe takes their turn in 2025 to fund that year until (1) can get done.
So why would Johnson support stalemate for 2024, while reversing his previous stance and giving Dems an election year win to do so?

Is he a closet supporter of the Biden administration?

Because the larger plan is to admit them to NATO and they want Ukraine to maintain as much of their landmass integrity as they can before they can make that happen.

Johnson has said it's a principle decision for him regardless of party politics.
Here's where I get totally confused.

Russia has been understandably concerned with NATO being an aggressor/encroacher since 1990, when they opposed the addition of former sattelite states of Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic. NATO added insult to injury in 2004 with the additions of former Soviet states Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, & Slovenia, followed by two more in 2009, Albania and Croatia.

[...]

I guess I missed it when NATO invaded Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic. And again in 2004. Did NATO send in troops to destroy farmland, shell cities, knock out the power infrastructure, kill their citizens, and kidnap their children? I guess the evil Obama regime just memory-holed all that so we wouldn't notice. Sneaky.
Where did I say that NATO invaded anyone?

Are you saying that it is unreasonable to assume Russia might view NATO expansion as a threat worth acting upon? If you are, that is a colossally naive view of the Russian perspective.
DannyDuberstein
1:57p, 4/21/24
In reply to Burpelson
Burpelson said:

He's not going to get all of Ukraine regardless of what we do. It stops there. This is irrational fearmongering. The only question is where the split in Ukraine is ultimately drawn, how many Ukranians die due to the war prolonging, and how many more in the war machine get rich.
DeProfundis
1:58p, 4/21/24
In reply to Burpelson
Burpelson said:

I remember the Russian war with Georgia when he took over all of Eastern Europe.
jrdaustin
1:59p, 4/21/24
In reply to 74OA
74OA said:

House Democrats are saying they will vote to table any motion to vacate the Speaker when Congress returns to session in May. That should kill the issue until the next Congress and cut the legs out from under House MAGA.

OUTRAGE
They promised the same thing to McCarthy.

Until they decided the political gain of the narrative of a Republican majority in chaos was just too good to pass up.

Speaker Johnson should realize any trust in the Democrats is at his own peril.
74OA
2:14p, 4/21/24
In reply to jrdaustin
jrdaustin said:

74OA said:

House Democrats are saying they will vote to table any motion to vacate the Speaker when Congress returns to session in May. That should kill the issue until the next Congress and cut the legs out from under House MAGA.

OUTRAGE

Until they decided the political gain of the narrative of a Republican majority in chaos was just too good to pass up.

Did they? Don't remember such a promise. Link?
Logos Stick
2:24p, 4/21/24
In reply to 74OA
74OA said:

OUTRAGE

His days are numbered regardless. He will be tossed into the dustbin of history after being used like a two bit prostitute by the Dems.

I would definitely vote to vacate now just to embarrass him.
Ellis Wyatt
2:27p, 4/21/24
In reply to Burpelson
Burpelson said:

He should just send millions of Russians through our southern border. Wouldn't even have to fire a shot here.
Yukon Cornelius
2:33p, 4/21/24
In reply to Burpelson
Burpelson said:

You're just regurgitating the lie that is sold to you to scam us. 0 money to protect US borders. Billions to protect a foreign countries borders which are historically debated at best.

Stop being a relay for a TV screen.
Teslag
2:36p, 4/21/24
In reply to Burpelson
Burpelson said:

It's no longer putins decision. Johnson neutered him.
Waffledynamics
2:38p, 4/21/24
In reply to Yukon Cornelius
Yukon Cornelius said:

Burpelson said:

You're just regurgitating the lie that is sold to you to scam us. 0 money to protect US borders. Billions to protect a foreign countries borders which are historically debated at best.

Stop being a relay for a TV screen.

You're buying the lie that a border bill is required to fix the border crisis. It's a matter of will, not money.

Biden doesn't want to do his damn job.
Yukon Cornelius
2:38p, 4/21/24
In reply to Teslag
You mean the United States. We are sealing our fate. Zero defense of our own nation. Continued spending of money we don't have. It'll end poorly for us and you cheer it on foolishly.
Logos Stick
2:41p, 4/21/24
In reply to Teslag
Teslag said:

Burpelson said:

Well, Johnson himself has a vagina. He didn't neuter a damn thing. This is a never ending money laundering op. They'll be back for more money in the fall.
Teslag
2:46p, 4/21/24
In reply to Logos Stick
Logos Stick said:

Teslag said:

Burpelson said:

Well, Johnson himself has a vagina. He didn't neuter a damn thing. This is a never ending money laundering op. They'll be back for more money in the fall.

I'm fine with more. As big a moron as Putin is there's always going to be more Russians to kill
jrdaustin
3:40p, 4/21/24
In reply to 74OA
74OA said:

jrdaustin said:

74OA said:

OUTRAGE

Did they? Don't remember such a promise. Link?
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4242955-pelosi-mccarthy-denies-breaking-promise-speakership/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-denies-breaking-promise-back-mccarthy-speakership-vote
No Spin Ag
4:23p, 4/21/24
In reply to Ellis Wyatt
Ellis Wyatt said:

Needs another star.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
No Spin Ag
4:24p, 4/21/24
In reply to Teslag
Teslag said:

Logos Stick said:

Teslag said:

Burpelson said:

I'm fine with more. As big a moron as Putin is there's always going to be more Russians to kill

Any Russian that is part of Putin's military that's invading Ukraine certainly deserves to be killed.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BMX Bandit
5:19p, 4/21/24
In reply to shiftyandquick
shiftyandquick said:

Reagan Republicans won this round. MAGA Republicans will be put out of their misery in November with massive losses. Maybe things in the party will finally change after that.

Wrong.

Trump supports Johnson & this bill doesn't get passed without Trump.
Tea Party
5:42p, 4/21/24
In reply to Teslag
Teslag said:

Logos Stick said:

Teslag said:

Burpelson said:

Shocker, our resident big gov advocate wants to spend more money on a foreign war instead of prioritizing our own border….

We get it you have a bad history with Russia. But don't let that cloud rational decision making that effects the rest of America…
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Teslag
6:13p, 4/21/24
In reply to Tea Party
We can fund both.
YouBet
7:12p, 4/21/24
In reply to Teslag
Teslag said:

We can fund both.

Yet we don't because America is no longer a priority other than to kill it as fast as possible via policy suicide.
Tea Party
7:21p, 4/21/24
In reply to Teslag
Teslag said:

We can fund both.

We can fund a lot of things as I'm sure big gov advocates like you know. Smart people however realize you should prioritize your own country when you're going broke and being invaded, but what do I know. I'm just a far right extremist according to the "bipartisan" uniparty enablers.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Logos Stick
7:21p, 4/21/24
In reply to Teslag
Teslag said:

We can fund both.

Vagina Johnson didn't attach it. Thus it will be killed in the Senate, so no we can't fund both.
AggieCVQ
7:24p, 4/21/24
In reply to Watermelon Man
I am not Christian. Christ also said to give away all posessions, which I guess we are following so congrats!

Scripture from a Judean man 2000 years ago with many conflicting interpretations based on which gospel or Paulean letter you choose is not and should not be our basis for foreign policy.

In addition, there are a wide variety of thoughts on the historical Jesus based on the gospels. Based on some LBTQ pastors, we should probably do Communism too!
Logos Stick
7:27p, 4/21/24
In reply to AggieCVQ
AggieCVQ said:

I am not Christian. Christ also said to give away all posessions, which I guess we are following so congrats!

Scripture from a Judean man 2000 years ago with many conflicting interpretations based on which gospel or Paulean letter you choose is not and should not be our basis for foreign policy.

In addition, there are a wide variety of thoughts on the historical Jesus based on the gospels. Based on some LBTQ pastors, we should probably do Communism too!

Nice post.

It's always hilarious to watch left-wing Marxists use the Bible in tortured fashion to justify their idiotic policy.
Teslag
7:41p, 4/21/24
In reply to Logos Stick
Logos Stick said:

Teslag said:

We can fund both.

Vagina Johnson didn't attach it. Thus it will be killed in the Senate, so no we can't fund both.

If he attached it then it gets voted down in the senate. So that's a no go.
Logos Stick
7:42p, 4/21/24
In reply to Teslag
Teslag said:

Logos Stick said:

Teslag said:

We can fund both.

If he attached it then it gets voted down in the senate. So that's a no go.

Your statement is still false.
Teslag
7:46p, 4/21/24
In reply to Logos Stick
It's not. The senate was not going to accept a combined bill. It wasn't going to happen. And Biden wasn't going to sign it.

Johnson stood up to Russia and their agents like MTG and delivered.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 7
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings