American tourist caught with ammo in Turks and Caicos
14,645 Views | 147 Replies
techno-ag
6:41p, 5/22/24
Quote:

U.S. Senator Rick Scott of Florida posted on X asking why any American would travel to Turks and Caicos. Scott also called on the U.S. State Department to update its travel advisory and demand the release of Americans.
Wonder what happens if a politician were to get caught. Such a victimless "crime."
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Bubblez
8:41a
In reply to Harry Stone
Harry Stone said:

I wonder what ol bubblez has to say about this now.
Why should I say anything different? I fully respect the sovereignty of Turks and Caicos and their rights to enforce the laws of their country. Its unfortunate that we have dim witted Americans that don't give a second thought that our casual attitude towards anything to do with firearms may not apply outside our borders.
techno-ag
11:22a
In reply to Bubblez
Bubblez said:

Harry Stone said:

Why should I say anything different? I fully respect the sovereignty of Turks and Caicos and their rights to enforce the laws of their country. It's unfortunate that we have dim witted Americans that don't give a second thought that our casual attitude towards anything to do with firearms may not apply outside our borders.
Eh. If our own TSA doesn't care much about bullets, I don't see why we should care what a small island thinks. I still support a tourism boycott until they change their policies. Make it a hefty fine, whatever. But 12 years in jail is equivalent to old school Caribbean piracy.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Slicer97
11:30a
In reply to Bubblez
Bubblez said:

the USA's idiotic gun laws
And there it is....
Logos Stick
11:30a
In reply to Bubblez
Bubblez said:

I've been to the Caribbean dozens of times,

I don't believe you.
CanyonAg77
11:33a
In reply to Bubblez
Quote:

I fully respect the sovereignty of Turks and Caicos and their rights to enforce the laws of their country.

In an earlier post, you were calling for the guy from Oklahoma to spend 60-90 days in jail for each bullet found.

Just in case you wonder why no one takes you seriously.
annie88
11:41a
In reply to Bubblez
Bubblez said:

Harry Stone said:

Why should I say anything different? I fully respect the sovereignty of Turks and Caicos and their rights to enforce the laws of their country. Its unfortunate that we have dim witted Americans that don't give a second thought that our casual attitude towards anything to do with firearms may not apply outside our borders.

So if Brittany Greiner had stayed there for her 12 year sentence, she would've been OK with that? She's about as dimwitted as they come and she got special treatment and is now making money off of breaking laws in Russia. But you don't seem bothered by that.

And I don't see anybody asking President Biden's to help with this guy. Oh wait, he's white. That's why you don't have a problem with it.
Central Committee
11:46a
In reply to Logos Stick
Logos Stick said:

Bubblez said:

I've been to the Caribbean dozens of times,

I don't believe you.
Cuba??
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 5
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings