tu is the first SEC school to join pro-Hamas protests
36,669 Views | 385 Replies
flashplayer
7:21p, 4/24/24
In reply to themissinglink
I am not seeing any good information stating they applied for the required permit ahead of time. If proven otherwise I will concede the point, but if not then you can't just pick when and where you assemble on a college campus. For instance, I can't just go start a protest at Kyle Field on game day.
Thunderstruck xx
7:21p, 4/24/24
In reply to rackmonster
rackmonster said:

PCC_80 said:

Watching it now on Fox News. DPS in riot gear already moving in.
So where were these *******s when we really needed them in Uvalde? sorry..not impressed..

Is DPS supposed to just know when a school shooting will happen? They aren't going to just stretch them out to guard every school in Texas. What are you smoking?
Rongagin71
7:22p, 4/24/24
My understanding is that American Moslems for Palestine (AMP)
is the main behind the scenes organizer, but you will often hear
the protestors called pro-HAMAS as the Feds have listed
HAMAS as a terrorist organization that kidnaps and kills Amer.
You can see this is highly organized by just looking - for instance
at the uniformity of tents at the Columbia encampment.
drcrinum
7:25p, 4/24/24

AggieMD95
7:31p, 4/24/24
These students are useful idiots and behaving like street level communist trash. They are a disgrace. I do believe in their right to protest and demonstrate. But on their own dime. They can't occupy buildings or block the serious students from using campus facilities or thoroughfares to class. I think that's the rationale for dps. Just to protect the serious students who are there to learn and not be a know nothing activist. Funding is thru Iran and Qatar. Terror supporting nations
Rongagin71
7:33p, 4/24/24
In reply to drcrinum
If the police need help, they should call for citizens
to volunteer to be deputized and armed with batons.
rathAG05
7:33p, 4/24/24
In reply to DarkBrandon01
DarkBrandon01 said:

The police response is clearly politically motivated. Greg Abbott just told us why he sent them.

The first actual leadership that we've seen thus far. We all should be proud of our Governor tonight.
TexasAggiesWin
7:34p, 4/24/24
MFers

45-70Ag
7:52p, 4/24/24
Dumb ass cameraman.

Psycho Bunny
7:58p, 4/24/24
In reply to 45-70Ag
That was an expensive arrest. Hope that camera was insured.
Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
Rongagin71
7:59p, 4/24/24
In reply to 45-70Ag
There is such a thing as getting "a little too close"...
Carlos, maybe you should film from a safe distance instead of
getting in the way of the police - the police do not know whether
are legit or an ANTIFA plant.
TRADUCTOR
8:01p, 4/24/24
Spin dem horses! Severely lacking for my optimum enjoyment.
flashplayer
In reply to 45-70Ag
45-70Ag said:

Dumb ass cameraman.

That guy ran in front of advancing officers trying to poke the camera between them and "protesters" in a no doubt attempt to get provocative footage. He got what he deserved. He could have hurt someone getting between the push line and the morons.
Mas89
bobbranco
8:02p, 4/24/24
In reply to Actual Talking Thermos
Actual Talking Thermos said:

are hooting and hollering their approval.
That's another one of your slanderous bullcrap idiotic claims.
TRADUCTOR
8:05p, 4/24/24
In reply to Mas89
Mas89 said:

Bring in the dogs.

Yesssss
Nonregdrummer09
8:20p, 4/24/24

A&M had their protest first actually, but it was put on by the YDSA chapter, who are an extremely small group, and went on per A&M guidelines and started and ended without incident or anyone giving a crap.

Because the group that would be interested in this cause at A&M is much smaller than at tu, it just didn't get noticed at all.
Stat Monitor Repairman
8:55p, 4/24/24
They about to go in and arrest 'em.
Ellis Wyatt
9:00p, 4/24/24
In reply to barbacoa taco
This is sick.
GottaRide
9:09p, 4/24/24
In reply to 45-70Ag
The lying sack of crap cameraman said at the end that the troopers were pushing him. That's not what I see at all. He damned near climbed onto the back of that front line trooper before getting arrested.
ATX_AG_08
9:22p, 4/24/24
In reply to GottaRide
GottaRide said:

The lying sack of crap cameraman said at the end that the troopers were pushing him. That's not what I see at all. He damned near climbed onto the back of that front line trooper before getting arrested.

They should have added a few baton blows for good measure.
Krazykat
9:23p, 4/24/24
Time to crack some heads!
e=mc2
9:26p, 4/24/24
Seeing the beta boys crying on this thread makes me smile. Your party supports terrorists. Keep defending the terrorists.
Waffledynamics
9:36p, 4/24/24
Sorry if this has already been answered, but what did the protestors do to earn this? I get antsy when I see crackdowns on non-violent protests, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to the story.

What exactly happened?
SW AG80
9:38p, 4/24/24
In reply to Waffledynamics
They did not have permission to have a protest on campus.
TAMU1990
9:46p, 4/24/24
In reply to e=mc2
e=mc2 said:

Seeing the beta boys crying on this thread makes me smile. Your party supports terrorists. Keep defending the terrorists.
Bougie terrorists
TX04Aggie
9:48p, 4/24/24
All these people are just narcissist attention seekers. What a bunch of losers. Arrest them for breaking actual laws and shut this down. Good Abbott, bring the heat.
BadMoonRisin
10:10p, 4/24/24
If jews had any balls whatsoever they would collectively beat the **** out of every single one of these ******ed queers.

They have a license to. But they don't, because they are cowards. And they vote in solidarity with these weird psycos, I guess?

I mean, that's the only reason why they tolerate this bull****, right?
Fightin_Aggie
10:12p, 4/24/24
In reply to Rapier108
Rapier108 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

Kick them out of the SEC.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/education/2023/10/13/ut-austin-community-reacts-to-israel-hamas-war/71158853007/
Let's not pretend this is organized by students.
Yep, it is being organized by an outside group, "The Palestinian Solidarity Committee of Austin."
Aka the Soros Slush fund group

Notice how the old Nazi is still doing Nazi things?

The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
RangerRick9211
10:24p, 4/24/24
99% of the time this board and I are not aligned.

But, yeah, you found out kids.
American Hardwood
10:39p, 4/24/24
Two points:

1. You can't pretend what happened in Austin happened in a vacuum. We, including Abbott, can all see what is going on at other campuses.

2. It is also a legitimate argument that these "protests" are not exercises in peaceful 1A free speech, but organized attempts to cause civil unrest, perhaps even open rioting. Organized, possibly by foreign hostile actors.
Marvin_Zindler
10:59p, 4/24/24
In reply to flashplayer
flashplayer said:

45-70Ag said:

Dumb ass cameraman.

That guy ran in front of advancing officers trying to poke the camera between them and "protesters" in a no doubt attempt to get provocative footage. He got what he deserved. He could have hurt someone getting between the push line and the morons.
He deserved that. F-"journalists"

"He pushed me"

---The video shows not a single person pushed him----
bubblesthechimp
6:16a, 4/25/24
we are ok with press getting arrested and police being called out to quell protest because the governor doesn't like the content of what the protesters are saying

this first amendment thing is going super swell
Ellis Wyatt
6:24a, 4/25/24
In reply to bubblesthechimp
Wait. I thought you guys hated nazis.
Charpie
6:30a, 4/25/24
Expect more crap in Austin today
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back