More government overreach- airline refunds

3,141 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by frenchtoast
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
peacedude said:

I flew almost 100 times in 6 months back in 1999.

Delays = 0

Something has changed.

where have you been? a lot has changed. ever heard of global warming, i mean climate change? in 2024 the polar ice caps have melted and every coastal city is under water. clearly that can effect the weather.
Ag83
AG
Quote:

Am I missing something?

Yes. You are trying to attach logic and reason to a decision made by statist authoritarian liberal democrats.

Stop doing that.
OverSeas AG
AG
Bubblez said:

This is a start, though we should adopt the EU regulations (which were also adopted by the UK post brexit). Passengers are far more protected over there, plus the industry is far more competitive with lower prices over there than we see here. You can fly from London to Rome on EasyJet for 37 GBP.

If you are stranded overnight, the airlines have a duty of care and pick up your hotel room and a meal no matter the reason for the delay.

If you end up being over 4 hours late due to the fault of the airline, they owe you 250 to 600 EUR cash depending upon the flight distance.

All of this, and the industry is still very competitive with dirt cheap airfares.

Yeap. The hand wringing on this makes me think we have a lot of airline employees on here who are afraid of efficiency and risk.

The hub and apoke model can bring cost efficiency to airline, but also risks. C'est la vie… when the risks dont go your way, pony up. When they do, you make some buck.

The airlines can do better, if they wish.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Bubblez said:

This is a start, though we should adopt the EU regulations (which were also adopted by the UK post brexit). Passengers are far more protected over there, plus the industry is far more competitive with lower prices over there than we see here. You can fly from London to Rome on EasyJet for 37 GBP.

If you are stranded overnight, the airlines have a duty of care and pick up your hotel room and a meal no matter the reason for the delay.

If you end up being over 4 hours late due to the fault of the airline, they owe you 250 to 600 EUR cash depending upon the flight distance.

All of this, and the industry is still very competitive with dirt cheap airfares.

Yeap. The hand wringing on this makes me think we have a lot of airline employees on here who are afraid of efficiency and risk.

The hub and apoke model can bring cost efficiency to airline, but also risks. C'est la vie… when the risks dont go your way, pony up. When they do, you make some buck.

The airlines can do better, if they wish.
Yeah, they could just sell two more flights if they wish
Stonegateag85
Traveling around Europe is great for the most part.
frenchtoast
I'm curious how much of this is a step toward building public support for future rail expansion.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.