****SCOTUS TRUMP IMMUNITY ORAL ARGUMENT****

10,679 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by captkirk
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

aggiehawg said:

Dreeben has trapped himself with this line of argument that every prosecutor operates in good faith. When he is working for a second time for an animus motivated Special Counsel.
This seems to be the gaping hole to me. If things have to go to court to determine official capacity, then the president can be drug to court for every action they take. The lawfare gate flys off its hinges if a president isn't insulated by impeachment.
Mueller knew the Russia hoax was a hoax in September 2017 when he allowed the Title I FISA against Carter Page to lapse and not renew the application. Dreeben knew back then that he was working on a bogus investigation.

Now he is working for Jack Smith. The same Jack Smith that is taking orders from the Biden WH and who was slapped down by SCOTUS for his prosecution of Bob O'Donnell in Virginia.
It's disgusting jaw these feral Democrat DAs and judges, people like Mueller just get to lie all the time and nothing really happens to them. Hillary too. But, I guess when you have the DOJ and FBI on your side doing evil, this is what happens. But it's just over and over and over and over. So blatantly corrupt.

I'm sad for America.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Smith indicted Trump on charges of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of and an attempt to obstruct an official proceeding, and conspiracy against rights. In simpler terms, Smith alleges that Trump's claims that the 2020 election was stolen were false and that Trump knew they were false.

To support his claims, Smith alleges that since federal agencies like the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency which meddled in the 2020 election told Trump the election wasn't stolen, and he should have taken that at face value, as pointed out by Federalist Senior Editor John Daniel Davidson.
(From same link posted above.)

And CISA subsequently issued an alert about massive problems about Dominion voting machines and suggested patches and changes to faulty software coding.

BTW making a correlation that if an AG tells a POTUS something is allowable results in immunity but if the AG says it is not allowable but POTUS does it anyway it is not an official act is circular logic. Sure as hell didn't work for John Mitchell and Richard Nixon. LOL.
BMX Bandit
Must have been a different hearing going on somewhere.

Oral arguments can be deceiving and you really never can be sure what they will rule based on oral arguments, but not sure how anyone could say with a straight face that it sounds like they are going to end the cases against Trump

MiamiHopper
Are you telling me Trump's most trusted non-attorney legal advisor could be wrong about something?
TexAg1987
Trump just needs to leave $1000 on the podium after he speaks.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I have a former colleague that has become quite the expert in 5th Cir. appeals. He can walk out of oral argument and outright tell you who won and exactly why.

But that's a 3 judge panel and cases aren't so massively political.

So who knows. At this point, I wouldn't be all that shocked by a 5-4 majority officially declaring "shenanigans" and instructing everyone to get a broom.
BMX Bandit
Circuit court a completely different animal. It's not rare to leave knowing what's coming.
Gordo14
If the Supreme Court makes the wrong decision on this, I look forward to this board's realization that Biden now has unlimited Presidential immunity to both alter elections and kill Americans including political rivals through the end of his presidency.

Honestly, it's a ****ing joke that we are even here making this case in court. But why not erode Democratic instutions in Trumps name at this point.
Casual Cynic
They aren't going to grant the Presidency absolute immunity, just immunity on the "outer perimeter" of presidential duties.
Im Gipper
Quote:

But why not erode Democratic instutions in Trumps name at this point.

Well we did it for Biden and Obama, why not one more?

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
I am now listening to oral arguments for the third time. Sauer was awful both for conceding too much was private acts including following the safe harbor provision of the ECA in effect at that time and the precedent set in Hawaii in 1960.

While I was writing this post Turley was on Special Report and was laughing at Dreeben saying all DOJ prosecutors exercise their duties in good faith and that is a protection against former Presidents being falsely charged.

Dreeben has been directly involved in not one, not two but three separate investigations solely created to get Trump by any means necessary. His personal animus is self evident.

Want to know more about Dreeben? Read THIS
BMX Bandit
Quote:

OP - just make it easy on me this go around and tell me whether or not to be happy when we get the outcome.

That depends on what it will take to make you happy.

If to be happy you need the charges to go away, you likely will be down in the dumps.

But if being happy just requires this to stretch out long enough to prevent trial before the election, then I think you'll be grinning ear to ear.
Ag with kids
AG
Gordo14 said:

If the Supreme Court makes the wrong decision on this, I look forward to this board's realization that Biden now has unlimited Presidential immunity to both alter elections and kill Americans including political rivals through the end of his presidency.

Honestly, it's a ****ing joke that we are even here making this case in court. But why not erode Democratic instutions in Trumps name at this point.
Conversely, if SCOTUS makes the decision that several on here have posited, BIDEN needs to start sweating bullets if he loses the election...
Ag with kids
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

OP - just make it easy on me this go around and tell me whether or not to be happy when we get the outcome.

That depends on what it will take to make you happy.

If to be happy you need the charges to go away, you likely will be down in the dumps.

But if being happy just requires this to stretch out long enough to prevent trial before the election, then I think you'll be grinning ear to ear.
I have a question...

Let's say the trial occurs and Trump is convicted...but AFTER election day and before inauguration dat. And Trump wins.

I know there's precedence while someone is actually POTUS to not do things that would involve legal proceedings...but, Trump would not be POTUS YET...however he WILL be POTUS.

What kind of cluster**** would occur then?
MouthBQ98
AG
Gordo14 said:

Neither side argued for unlimited immunity. You may need to watch the reporting and re-read the thread.
MiamiHopper
" What kind of cluster**** would occur then?"

Just your run-of-the-mill Constitutional crisis. Not a big deal really.
Ag with kids
AG
MiamiHopper said:

Oh...cool, so nothing major, just the meltdown of the court system. Glad I wasn't worried.
HTownAg98
If he hasn't been sentenced before he's sworn in, probably nothing happens. If there's a sentence involving jail time, he could still serve as president from inside the jailhouse walls; there's nothing preventing that.
TRADUCTOR
HTownAg98 said:

If he hasn't been sentenced before he's sworn in, probably nothing happens. If there's a sentence involving jail time, he could still serve as president from inside the jailhouse walls; there's nothing preventing that.

Like Third World cartel leaders in jail
MiamiHopper
Ag with kids said:

MiamiHopper said:

Oh...cool, so nothing major, just the meltdown of the court system. Glad I wasn't worried.

WelI I haven't seen too many Republicans show any indication that they care about going in that direction. Frankly, it seems like it's desired.
aggiehawg
AG

That would comport with the decision in the Colorado ballot case
BMX Bandit
i believe dreeben agreed that immunity would also apply to a state court prosecution.
aggiehawg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

i believe dreeben agreed that immunity would also apply to a state court prosecution.

Bye-bye Fani Willis' case against Trump then.
captkirk
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.