Harvard study: lesbians die 20% younger due to toxic cultural stress
3,692 Views | 46 Replies
techno-ag
3:47p, 4/27/24
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13349895/Lesbian-women-die-younger-straight-women-stress-toxic-social-stigma.html

Evidently, it's tough being a lesbian.

Quote:

Research by the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute found that bisexual women die, on average, nearly 40 percent younger than heterosexual women, while lesbian women die 20 percent sooner.

The difference in mortality is said to be due to the 'toxic social forces' LGBTQ people face, which can 'result in chronic stress and unhealthy coping mechanisms', said lead author Dr Sarah McKetta, Research Fellow at the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute.
Survey data of nurses, so take it with a grain of salt. Alas, no real solutions to the problem offered in the article other than increased screening for gay women. But really, what can you and I do for lesbians to make them feel less lonely? If it's a societal problem it would seem everyone in society should have an obligation to help fix it. But these studies always seem to show the victims with no solutions, for some reason.

"World Ends. Women and Minorities Hardest Hit."
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Funky Winkerbean
3:49p, 4/27/24
I'm sure stress is exclusive to lesbians. Great study Harvard.
captkirk
4:14p, 4/27/24
Two women in the same household. Makes sense
Desert Ag
4:39p, 4/27/24
In reply to captkirk
captkirk said:

Two women in the same household. Makes sense
EOT
AggDogg61
4:43p, 4/27/24
Then don't be a lesbian. Unless you are a guy, then be a lesbian.
Get Off My Lawn
4:44p, 4/27/24
Female partner = premature death. Yeah, that checks out.
Owlagdad
4:48p, 4/27/24
Life is full of choices that are not good for you!
C@LAg
4:49p, 4/27/24
stop the presses.

Mental health issues cause accelerated stress and earlier death!
Urban Ag
5:28p, 4/27/24
I don't find this revelation shocking at all.

I do find it likely will see that same results in a couple of decades among the millions and millions of hetero women who decided not to marry and/or have children.

I mean let's think about our own parents and grandparents for those of you that still have them. I've texted with my dad twice today, talked to him and my mom once, and he called me again an hour ago for something.

It's not that hard to figure out. Science. Nature. Natural order of things.
General Jack D. Ripper
5:32p, 4/27/24
So do lawyers. Ugh
Imagine living at the end of civilization. Imagine that you can buy dog ice cream for your best friend.
TAMUallen
5:55p, 4/27/24
Talk about just making things up and blaming normal straight people. Wow
Texas Tea
5:59p, 4/27/24
Why do most men die before their wives?

Because they want to.
Agthatbuilds
5:59p, 4/27/24
I don't but it
txrancher69
6:04p, 4/27/24
And the problem here is what ? If that is what you want to do, do it. But don't ***** about the end results.
So three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.................You can't convince me that's a coincidence.
Bryanisbest
7:26p, 4/27/24
The wages of sin is death.
agent-maroon
8:00p, 4/27/24
Maybe they should take a whole month for parades and special events at places like disneyworld. Maybe that would help them forget about the whole "toxic cultural stresses" thing. Whatever the hell that might be...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
stetson
8:08p, 4/27/24
Quote:

toxic social forces' LGBTQ people face

This world today is littered with so much bs. How do they quantify this?
FJB
YouBet
8:12p, 4/27/24
Makes sense. If you are bi-sexual then you have mental issues. At least Lesbians make a choice and they Iive longer than Bisexuals because of it.
MouthBQ98
8:18p, 4/27/24
I'm sure they validly isolated confounding variables and they statistically eliminated selection bias.

Also, when did "toxic" become a statistically distinct clinical psychological phenomenon and not a biochemical scientific phenomenon?
MouthBQ98
8:20p, 4/27/24
The humanities hand out credentials in pseudoscience like candy on Halloween.
fburgtx
8:29p, 4/27/24
Guys have been "dying younger" for decades, maybe centuries. Where's all the care and concern for all the straight male "breadwinners" who have been dying 6-8 years earlier, due to all the work/stress to support their families???
Artimus Gordon
8:56p, 4/27/24
So are they saying they badger each other to death? Then that would be the natural order of things!
I can believe it!
Red Dane
9:02p, 4/27/24
They want to live a man's life, well, that's the price on a man's life.
TRADUCTOR
9:03p, 4/27/24
Poontang is worth the 20%
peacedude
9:06p, 4/27/24
Cats that cough up hairballs sound like they're about to die.

So, this makes sense.
Yep66
9:07p, 4/27/24
Nanomachines son
9:11p, 4/27/24
91AggieLawyer
9:14p, 4/27/24
In reply to Urban Ag
Urban Ag said:

I don't find this revelation shocking at all.

I do find it likely will see that same results in a couple of decades among the millions and millions of hetero women who decided not to marry and/or have children.

I mean let's think about our own parents and grandparents for those of you that still have them. I've texted with my dad twice today, talked to him and my mom once, and he called me again an hour ago for something.

It's not that hard to figure out. Science. Nature. Natural order of things.

What does any of this have to do with the OP's study?
Bulldog73
9:15p, 4/27/24
Trannies kill themselves. Bi-women die early. Lesbians die early. It's all straight white guys' faults.
If only there were no straight white guys, this earth would be paradise. Thus says Harvard. At least until the straight white guys stop donating to the insane victim manufacturers.
Urban Ag
10:02p, 4/27/24
In reply to 91AggieLawyer
Try harder.

I may revisit.
cheeky
10:48p, 4/27/24
Now do homosexual males.
gkaggie08
11:48p, 4/27/24
It's depression. The FDA approved a pill for lesbians with depression, it's called Tricoxagin.
ts5641
8:31a, 4/28/24
In reply to techno-ag
Great study by Harvard. Hard-hitting extremely important issue which affects that vast majority of the country. I'm sure federally funded as well. Bravo!
techno-ag
8:33a, 4/28/24
In reply to ts5641
ts5641 said:

Great study by Harvard. Hard-hitting extremely important issue which affects that vast majority of the country. I'm sure federally funded as well. Bravo!
I dunno. Nothing about climate change.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Shoefly!
8:38a, 4/28/24
In reply to Funky Winkerbean
Funky Winkerbean said:

I'm sure stress is exclusive to lesbians. Great study Harvard.

Only when the batteries run out!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off