Latest Biden Admin disaster is in Niger
5,666 Views | 47 Replies
deddog
2:47p, 5/1/24
In reply to e=mc2
e=mc2 said:

Be sure and leave billions in weapons! Worst POTUS ever.
Ever willing to take guns away from americans though
Trinity Ag
3:38p, 5/1/24
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

So much truth, the USA sucks at nation building yet its foreign policy leans heavily on doing it with standard troops. The only times we have had luck doing anything was with a small team of green berets being dropped into a country and helping that country build itself. If we build that country for them it will never last
The issue is that your "small team of green berets" generally ends up being the thin edge of the wedge.

Niger is a test case example of this problem.
mccjames
5:01p, 5/1/24
In reply to BBRex
BBRex said:

Other stories I'm reading say the junta overthrew the existing government last summer, and they have put new government officials in place. I'm not sure what any president would have done. Sent U.S. troops to protect the U.S.-friendly government leaders? I hope we're smart enough to take everything not set in concrete before we go, but Biden's administration has a bad track record on that.

We should have prepared as soon as the government was overthrown. Pull back all resources, remove anything of value and leave skeleton crews ready to deploy at a minutes notice.

The amount of incompetence this admin has shown in dealing with foreign governments is amazing.
Easy come, Easy go
Ag_07
5:41p, 5/1/24
So what I'm gathering is our troops were essentially held hostage because once it was declared a coup US laws dictate that diplomatic resupply is prohibited.

Instead of pulling out and leaving and taking everything with us they stuck around in hopes that a new agreement can be worked out.

Well now Russia has swooped in and gotten into bed with them and we're now fckd. Now we've given up this huge base in exchange for letting us leave like we should've done a while ago.

This all about right?
BartInLA
5:46p, 5/1/24
Well soon Kamala will be leading the "most powerful" nation on earth and our troubles will be over.
UAS Ag
11:08p, 5/1/24
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

Don't think this story is 100% accurate but may not be far off, Russia has already put a few air defense systems in Niger so they could shoot down any American aircraft that tried to get our soldiers and equipment out. Remember these bases have a lot of drone and drone hardware in them that Russia has yet to get their hands on.
I'll take "What's the dumbest ****ing thing you could ever do?" for $1000, Alex.
P.U.T.U
6:06a, 5/2/24
In reply to UAS Ag
No one did anything about a plane being shot down by Russia so...
Smittyfubar
6:11a, 5/2/24
In reply to e=mc2
e=mc2 said:

Be sure and leave billions in weapons! Worst POTUS ever.
Be sure and leave billions in weapons! Worst POS ever.

FIFY
nortex97
6:21a, 5/2/24
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

So much truth, the USA sucks at nation building yet its foreign policy leans heavily on doing it with standard troops. The only times we have had luck doing anything was with a small team of green berets being dropped into a country and helping that country build itself. If we build that country for them it will never last
The CIA and State department need to be abolished and replaced with competent people/new organizations, which have accountability for their budgets/acts and much, much less secrecy/treason in general. The people running those **** shows are literally the parents of the morons protesting on campuses for Hamas.

We should gut our foreign aid budget, almost entirely. It's not keeping us safe. Heck, the adults in government want more terrorists to pour into the country to justify a power grab once there is an attack.

Never, ever vote for a Democrat.
UAS Ag
9:16a, 5/2/24
In reply to P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U said:

No one did anything about a plane being shot down by Russia so...
What American plane got shot down by Russia?
Raiderjay
3:26p, 5/3/24
awesome Biden, another geopolitical success....Billions in armor to the Taliban, billions in cash to Iran, now a drone airport to Russia in Niger.....

[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Hubert J. Farnsworth
3:41p, 5/3/24
Moderates on here actually thought that the Biden administration would be good with foreign policy and that they would be a calming presence and respected across the world. Never listen to moderates. They are fools that think they are smart.
Ag with kids
8:09p, 5/3/24
In reply to Hubert J. Farnsworth
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Moderates on here actually thought that the Biden administration would be good with foreign policy and that they would be a calming presence and respected across the world. Never listen to moderates. They are fools that think they are smart.
What moderates on here thought that?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off