Thank you Job Network Board!
2,330 Views | 3 Replies
Aggie Therapist
12:27p, 1/31/24
In 2021, I reached out here looking for leads for an internship site for my MSW program that would specifically work with Veterans. (I was active, now in the Reserve Army). Someone here put me in contact with a wonderful professor and mentor, now colleague and friend at Texas State. I just finished my clinical internship at the Austin VA working with Veterans suffering from addiction, chronic homelessness and mental health issues. And a couple days before Christmas, I received a phone call that I would be hired on full time.

I'm now once again working with the original professor on an community advisory board aimed at assessing psychological closeness to suicide methods in at-risk Veterans.

I'm not sure I would be where I am today if I never met her, but from the bottom of my heart, thank you TexAgs. This is wonderful page and the Aggie Network is amazing.
agz win
7:25p, 1/31/24
Good bull and congratulations. Pay it forward.
Matsui
4:07p, 2/1/24
Congrats!
ravingfans
5:08a, 4/1/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Really glad the network helped you-- also, so awesome your chosen work area is helping some folks who are in such a severely vulnerable spot. Will pray for you in your ministry to these folks! Keep us up to date through somewhere on these forums on how your work is going...
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings