Job Network
Sponsored by

Job seeking: Corpus Christi

1,167 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Earth Rider
texican08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

I was let go this morning from my employer after 16 years. I'm a bit blindsided and perplexed, but I'm going to choose to believe that all things happen for a reason and this will ultimately end up for the best.

I've been on the insurance claims side my entire career since graduating from A&M. Half of that time has been as a business operations leadership/manager, (general liability, unrepped injury, and most recently attorney repped injury). Early in the process, but I'm looking to take my skillset where I can help a different company around people development, change management, and implementation/execution of strategic plans.

If anyone knows of anything that may sound like a good fit in the Corpus area please let me know. I promise that whoever my next employer is will find a driven, efficiently, and loyal employee.

TAG.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I have no job openings but we were in this position 4 years ago and it sucked. There are quite a few of us on here that will say the same stuff. It's upsetting but keep a positive frame of mind. Have fun with your time (this is very hard to do but helps). Spend your day applying and looking for a job but not the entire day. Network. And please don't let it get you down because it will but a lot of us have been there. My husband was out of work for a year. No interviews or call backs nada. He kept busy and found a job while guiding as a side gig. Best of luck
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I would look outside the Corpus area. Use this as an opportunity to leave.

Get your resume in order, network, and don't forget the important things in life.
texican08
AG
Both sound advice.

My wife and I built a life in Corpus. It's home and she has a great job. We did 10 years in Houston before moving here and I can't do that again. While I prefer in-person work, virtual/hybrid is always an option I would consider.
CC09LawAg
Have you looked at the city or county for positions relevant to your experience?

Have you built any network with local attorneys who might value your experience? I know a lot of former adjustors can get on with some firms, if that is something that might interest you.
texican08
AG
I haven't looked with the city yet.

I've thought about looking at the other side of the aisle. Effectively, I was managing 42 direct reports (36 individual contributors, 6 supervisors) to ensure accurate and efficient closures of attorney repped claims. I can do the same for a large law firm, but I'm a little conflicted. In doing that I could potentially be harming my old group who I still care deeply for.
Earth Rider
AG
Maybe try Engle Martin, or Vericlaim. Heck, call Texas Windstorm and see who their main vendors are and contact them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.