HOWDY ALL!

I have been writing software since 1981 as a freshman at Texas A&M. My journey began with PC-Sweep, an award-winning file manager I released in 1982, and it's been over 40 years since that first milestone.

In November 2022, I faced a pivotal decision after my twenty-year project came to an end. The choice was between retiring with a riding lawnmower or embarking on a new cross-platform project. After a long contemplation (well, those 10 minutes did seem long while envisioning myself on a riding lawnmower!), I made my choice.

During that month, I explored both MAUI and Flutter and ultimately fell in love with Dart and Flutter. This led to the development of my first cross-platform application. Initially, I considered creating an app similar to Microsoft's Lists, which I tentatively called PIM (Personal Inventory Manager). However, aiming for something more user-friendly, I adapted the concept to utilize customers' existing data, making it more accessible.

I'm excited to introduce my first app, Sandi's List, a flexible Book List application that maintains consistent features and UI across all supported platforms. It's now available on the Apple IOS Store (Sandi's List on iOS) and for sideloading on Android, as well as macOS and Windows via our website (Tanstaafl Software).

For a quick look, you can download the Sample Book List data from our website and easily import it into the app.

Android users, I need your help to get Sandi's List into the official Google Store. If you're willing to review and comment on the app for two weeks in a closed beta period, please email me. Currently, the app is available for sideloading from our website due to this requirement.

Additionally, if you need a cross-platform/mobile app for your business and appreciate my work, I would love to connect! At this point in my career, I'm particularly eager to collaborate with a nonprofit that needs help spreading their message through an app.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Links:

IOS Version: https://apps.apple.com/app/sandis-list/id6498866482

Android/macOS/Windows/Example Data: https://tanstaaflsoftware.com/#Download