******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******
64,914 Views | 977 Replies
jr15aggie
1:16p, 3/3/24
In reply to Macarthur
Macarthur said:

McConkey and Brian Thomas Jr. geez. This WR class is loaded.

Is McConkey projected as a 1st/2nd rounder? If his college game translates to the NFL he'd be a great compliment to CD.
Macarthur
1:18p, 3/3/24
In reply to jr15aggie
jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

McConkey and Brian Thomas Jr. geez. This WR class is loaded.

Is McConkey projected as a 1st/2nd rounder? If his college game translates to the NFL he'd be a great compliment to CD.
I haven't seen a ton of projections. I just know there's prob going. To be a stud there in the second.

I'm beginning to think we're going OL in the first.
chris1515
1:35p, 3/3/24
In reply to Macarthur
With news that Tyron is likely gone, that sure seems even more likely than before.
Tksymm7
1:53p, 3/3/24
I hate drafting for need in the first, so I am hoping that these insane WRs grab some headline and we see a few more creep their way into the first and that we see some lineman fall. This same sentiment could also go for QB's. There's a chance we see four QB's in the top 10 and maybe so many as 6 WRs in the first, so maybe there's a chance.
jr15aggie
6:50p, 3/3/24
Yeah, oline going to be a need. Not guaranteed we are moving Tyler to LT either. From what I hear he is developing into an All Pro OG.

In the same way Martin could play a good OT, but we never moved him because he was a HOF Guard.
PatAg
11:03p, 3/3/24
In reply to chris1515
chris1515 said:

With news that Tyron is likely gone, that sure seems even more likely than before.
I still think this is just Tyrons team putting it out there to force the cowboys hand.
Vince Blake
9:15a, 3/4/24
Formal/Informal interviews the Cowboys had at the combine: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2024/2/28/24085668/dallas-cowboys-nfl-combine-meeting-tracker-draft-prospects-2024

Of the formal interviews:
3 LBs (including Edgerrin Cooper)
5 DTs (including McKinnley Jackson)
4 CBs
6 WRs
5 RBs
8 OT
4 IOL (included Troy Fautanu here)

Think that gives a decent idea of what they are looking for.
jr15aggie
11:08a, 3/4/24
In reply to Vince Blake
Not sure where McKinnley projects (I'm really not keeping up with the draft this year like I have in the past), but... and I think I've said this already... he strikes me as a guy that will have a better pro career than he did in college.

If he can be had in the 3rd/4th round it could be a huge steal at a needed position.
jr15aggie
11:15a, 3/4/24
And I really hope Tyron finds that the market for him isn't super hot given age/injury history. Because, at a reasonable 1 year deal, I would 100% sign him back up if we could get what we got last year.
Macarthur
11:20a, 3/4/24
In reply to jr15aggie
jr15aggie said:

And I really hope Tyron finds that the market for him isn't super hot given age/injury history. Because, at a reasonable 1 year deal, I would 100% sign him back up if we could get what we got last year.
agree. And the OT crop in the draft is really strong so maybe that has an affect on his demand.
Tksymm7
1:58p, 3/4/24
In reply to jr15aggie
I think around the 4th give or take is where he'll go. He's a mountain of a human who's probably a little heavy, so he could get even more explosive if he drops to 315 or so. I would take him in a heart beat in the 4th. He can be a run stuffer and a pass rusher depending on the situation.
jr15aggie
9:39a, 3/8/24
Looks like we re-worked Zack Martin's deal. Thus begins the offseason of kicking the can down the road in hopes that we can do something significant next year.

Our cap is going to be so screwed in the very near future...... but not today!!!
Macarthur
11:26a, 3/8/24
Did a little trade down. What do yall think of this?

Peter Klaven
2:32p, 3/8/24
In reply to Macarthur
I think that would be a job well done.
Southlake
5:11p, 3/9/24
Can't see Sweat bring available at 56 but the rest is good.
98Ag99Grad
12:24p, 3/10/24
Fletcher Cox is finally retiring. Dudes been a constant pain in the butt for over a decade.
Vince Blake
11:17a, 3/11/24
It's officially free agency. Boys do something today or remain quiet today as usual on the first day of free agency?
Vince Blake
11:46a, 3/11/24
Tony Pollard to Tennessee. We swapping RBs?
jr15aggie
11:48a, 3/11/24
In reply to Vince Blake
Vince Blake said:

It's officially free agency. Boys do something today or remain quiet today as usual on the first day of free agency?

Are there any decent free agents available that we should be making a run at? I haven't kept up with much this offseason, but I'm under the impression it's not a strong free agent class. I know some of the bigger names I was interested in (like Justin Madubuike) got tagged.

Do y'all know of any big names we should be interested in?
Vince Blake
12:25p, 3/11/24
Dorrance Armstrong to the Commanders. He was a nice depth piece.
Vince Blake
1:05p, 3/11/24
Tyler Biadasz to the Commanders.
Tksymm7
1:13p, 3/11/24
In reply to Vince Blake
Washington is going to end up being Cowboy light lol
Vince Blake
1:45p, 3/11/24
Infection_Ag11
1:55p, 3/11/24
In reply to Vince Blake
That's an insane amount of money for a guy who has played a full season exactly once
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
1:59p, 3/11/24
In reply to Vince Blake
Vince Blake said:

Love this move from a cowboys perspective. What an overpay for an aging RB who can't stay healthy.

Henry is the only vet RB I'm interested in.
gigem1223
2:17p, 3/11/24
Aaron Jones released
bonfarr
2:27p, 3/11/24
In reply to gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

Aaron Jones released

Jones always seemed to play exceptionally well against the Cowboys, I bet we make a move.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
gigem1223
2:28p, 3/11/24
In reply to bonfarr
bonfarr said:

gigem1223 said:

Aaron Jones released

Jones always seemed to play exceptionally well against the Cowboys, I bet we make a move.

Yes. I wouldn't mind it on a short term friendly deal.
jr15aggie
2:47p, 3/11/24
In reply to Vince Blake
Vince Blake said:

Tony Pollard to Tennessee. We swapping RBs?

Good for Tony! From a fans perspective this guy was a 4th round pick who came in and went to work right away. The guy improved every single year up until the injury. Got a cool 10 mil last season and how has a 24 million dollar contract (with hopefully a decent amount guaranteed).

Big fan of Pollard, he was a blast to watch the last 5 years.
jr15aggie
2:51p, 3/11/24
Looks like the Cowboys are playing the game of letting starters walk which will result in comp picks. Pollard and Biadasz should both fetch decent comps as full time starters.
bonfarr
7:01p, 3/11/24
In reply to gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

bonfarr said:

gigem1223 said:

Aaron Jones released

Yes. I wouldn't mind it on a short term friendly deal.

Spotrac lists his market value at 1 year $5 million. If we can get him for that I would be all for it. He is 29 but only had 140 or so carries last year and averaged 4.6 YPC. He would be a good veteran option to share the load with a rookie RB from the draft.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bonfarr
7:05p, 3/11/24
In reply to Tksymm7
Tksymm7 said:

Washington is going to end up being Cowboy light lol

Rumors that Jourdan Lewis is a likely signee for Quinn and the Commanders as well. He likely wants a 3 year deal but he is already old for a CB and injuries are going to be an issue. He is quality depth that we need but not for the money he will want.
Southlake
10:36p, 3/11/24
Hurts running the zone read with Barkley is scary.

Vince Blake
5:47a, 3/12/24
Day 2. Still some interesting names available, especially at linebacker. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agency-tracker-cuts-trades-signings

RB market drying up quick. I think they make a move here today. They were apparently in on Zack Moss but didn't want to overbid for him.
chris1515
7:52a, 3/12/24
I'm glad we made it through day 1 without losing Tyron. Hopefully that's a positive sign.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 28
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings