Diablo IV

85,291 Views | 1128 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by DallasTeleAg
txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SOO MUCH EXCITE... HYPE OVERLOAD!!!

Gameplay:
Madmarttigan
Hagen95
AG
Nice to hear they are finally getting it done!
Forum Troll
AG
Looks very diablo 2 like. Hopefully it'll be out before 2025.
WGann3
AG
They unfortunately said release is "not even Blizzard soon" so it might still be a good ways out. But that cinematic and the art style are such a huge improvement over D3.

The biggest concern I've got at this point is the loot I've seen in streams of the demo looks super simplified like D3. Hopefully that's just lower level gear or stripped down demo gear.

But overall? Pretty damn hyped, the Diablo series is my favorite of all time. I can't wait to see what's discussed in that Systems and Features panel tomorrow at 2:15 central.
AtlAg05
AG
WGann3 said:

They unfortunately said release is "not even Blizzard soon" so it might still be a good ways out. But that cinematic and the art style are such a huge improvement over D3.

The biggest concern I've got at this point is the loot I've seen in streams of the demo looks super simplified like D3. Hopefully that's just lower level gear or stripped down demo gear.

But overall? Pretty damn hyped, the Diablo series is my favorite of all time. I can't wait to see what's discussed in that Systems and Features panel tomorrow at 2:15 central.

Saw a few legendaries drop on a stream and it was +skill based bonuses. Which was more D2
WGann3
AG
AtlAg05 said:

WGann3 said:

Saw a few legendaries drop on a stream and it was +skill based bonuses. Which was more D2
That's encouraging, thanks for the report. Runes are confirmed back too which is huge.
bbattbq01
AG
In!
Ag_of_08
AG
Good lawd.... that trailer may be one of the best blizzard has ever done.

Gameplay looks good at a glance. Hope isna four letter word, but dang...
Chase McGuire
Diablo 3 is the only one I've played. Liked it quite a bit. In for this when it releases in 2030.
YouBet
AG
Looks pretty cool. Will this be PC only?
Ag_of_08
AG
They will probably console port. But I think it will be pc with a port.
AtlAg05
AG
They showed a world boss event where everyone in the area joined in. Probably 10+ players on one screen. That is promising.

During Rhykker's live demo he had the lead design guy answering questions. A lot of good information on the direction of the game. One of the main things he mentioned was no items that scale skill damage like D3. They would be nerfing items instead. I'll link the video once it gets posted.

Edit here's the video

Hagen95
AG
Are they bringing back Inarius to go with Lilith?
Wheatables02
AG
The gang is going to get back together!!!
DE4D
AG
*Watch this*
“Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.”
Pman17
AG
PC and Console release at the same time would be nice. Will definitely get on either PC or Console. If console, probably planned for the next gen.
AtlAg05
AG
They mentioned in the interview that it's being made for PS4/XboxOne at this point.
YouBet
AG
This type of game feels like a console game at this point especially if it's a click fest like D1 and D2. I never played D3.
Chase McGuire
I thought D3 was really good on console. Hope D4 launches with a console port.
Madmarttigan
AG
should make it cross platform with xbox/pc at least so you can play with more people
TonsterPS
AG
In!! Spent a good amount of time with D3, and would love to see this come through sooner rather than later!
txag2k
AG
Wheatables02 said:

The gang is going to get back together!!!
Heck yea!
Cappo
AG
oh my
Tomdoss92
AG
Diablo 1 1996
Diablo 2 2000
Diablo 3 2012
Diablo 4 2048?
WGann3
AG
Tomdoss92 said:

Diablo 1 1996
Diablo 2 2000
Diablo 3 2012
Diablo 4 2048?
What's weird is they talked about developing it for PS4 and XBox One which are both going to be obsolete by what, 2020 Holiday season? Isn't that when the next gen consoles come out for you console people in the know? Seems weird they would develop something for consoles going away in about a year if they weren't going to release it before then but maybe I'm reading into their exact working a bit too much. They very well could just have meant they're developing it for consoles and don't know what the next gen stuff will be called.
Chase McGuire
The PS4 install base is >100 million at this point. No way they only put it on next gen when they could sell so many PS4/XBO copies. I imagine it'll get a PS5/Nextbox port too, but the next gen install bases won't be very big comparatively for a while. Blizzard will follow the money.
WGann3
AG
Chase McGuire said:

The PS4 install base is >100 million at this point. No way they only put it on next gen when they could sell so many PS4/XBO copies. I imagine it'll get a PS5/Nextbox port too, but the next gen install bases won't be very big comparatively for a while. Blizzard will follow the money.
Fair point. I'm probably just trying to justify a speedier release in my head.
aezmvp
WGann3 said:

Chase McGuire said:

Fair point. I'm probably just trying to justify a speedier release in my head.
To be fair it's not like '96 or '00 or even '12 scaling the assets will be significantly easier for the next gen boxes and if they can run on PS4 and XBO and those will be backwards compatible then really it's about using the scaled assets with the existing architecture that's supported. Maybe take advantage of any new features offered, but probably not. With online directories this makes life much easier to be able to move from port to port. At least one generation in any event.
WGann3
AG
A Letter From Our Game Director (Luis Barriga)

Very encouraging letter, for me at least. One of my biggest concerns from what I saw on the gameplay trailer and demo streams was the itemization which seemed to be way closer to Diablo III's itemization than I would have liked. I know we're still early in development and things are going to change a lot from what we've seen, but they've got to get itemization right. I'm looking forward to David Kim's update in the coming weeks.
txag2k
AG
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Rhykker is such a tool.
flakrat
AG
Anyone looking for a great Diablo like game to play while waiting for Diablo IV, check out Wolcen:

https://wolcengame.com/

Been playing for the past couple of weeks and having a blast!
zip04
AG
I wish iD would do a remake of Quake 1. Such a great game. I miss good ole 4v4 on DM3.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.