Diablo IV

85,290 Views | 1128 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by DallasTeleAg
WGann3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The itemization just killed the game for me. Not even tempted to come back until they address it in season 4, but I'm skeptical they'll be able to nail it in one try.

If anyone is looking for an isometric ARPG fix I can highly recommend Last Epoch. I've followed it's development for about 5+ years and I'm not a huge early access fan so avoided played early, but decided to jump in finally a couple of weeks ago since it's going live on 2/21 and man, this hits pretty close to exactly what I want in a game like this. It's somewhere between Diablo IV and PoE as far as complexity goes. Really great itemization and crafting is exceptional. It's got me as excited for an official launch of a game as I've been in quite a while.
Hagen95
AG
Season 3 was okay but not great. Didn't take too long to level to 100 (almost too quick) but the loot is still questionable. Lilith is still too ridiculous in my opinion, but it wasn't required to kill her to finish the season. I agree that the barbs dominated this season. The one-shotting the world boss was ridiculous. Once I finished the season, I had no desire to grind out anything else.
bbattbq01
AG
I haven't even turned on season 3 because this season of PoE sucked me in
jr15aggie
AG
Coming to Gamepass on March 28.
BowSowy
AG
Well, the itemization changes sound very promising. Hope it's good in practice. I'm still not sure there's enough of an end game, but they are definitely trying to add more each season. Helltides changes sound good, makes it more like the vamp stuff in S2 which was vastly superior.
Artorias
AG
Blizzard added some Last Epoch into D4
WGann3
AG
They definitely did. Last Epoch was made by people who loved isometric ARPGs so it's a good group to borrow ideas from. I'm convinced the vast majority of the Diablo IV team never even played one. These season 4 changes look encouraging, I hope they make the game worth playing again. I still doubt I'll be coming back for season 4 because of how much I'm enjoying Last Epoch though.

I'm also not joking when I say the change I'm most excited about is the camera zoom out.
bbattbq01
AG
Anyone tried the PTR? I'm thinking about installing and trying it out at some point this weekend.
DallasTeleAg
I've seen various streamers' videos about the changes, and it definitely looks like a huge overhaul. I just have so much time to invest in games, so don't want to spend hours in a PTR when I may just end up playing the season to try it out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.