Aggienetwork Email Changes

30,941 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by mneisch
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if it's just coincidence that google just updated their ToS.
TexasRebel
AG
And here's where it bit me.

Started a background check for new career just before the announcement. Used aggienetwork.com of course.

Now…. Delays while I miss correspondence and can't get the physical paperwork to change the @.
AgsMyDude
AG
Insane they didn't allow some sort of forwarding for a period to mitigate issues like this.
Charpie
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Insane they didn't allow some sort of forwarding for a period to mitigate issues like this.

You had 3 months notice that this was going away
TexasRebel
AG
Filled out the paperwork in August.

Just got a call today that told me I used an invalid email address.

I'm sure they now think I'm competent enough to write software for them.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
I haven't been in my boat since end of last summer. Plugged in my Garmin chartplotter yesterday to get it up-to-date and realized I could no longer sync all my saved tracks and waypoints because I had changed my email on my Garmin account. Long story short ended up having to fully reset the thing back to factory defaults and start over.
WoMD
Charpie said:

AgsMyDude said:

Doesn't mean lots won't be missed, but we don't know until months later.
AgsMyDude
AG
Charpie said:

AgsMyDude said:

Sure but there are tons of examples in this thread of people who knew it was coming and prepped but had a few things slip through the cracks. People are used this email for a long time.
Charpie
AG
WoMD said:

Charpie said:

AgsMyDude said:

I guess I just have all of my logins stored on my phone. It was easy to search for ...@aggienetwork.com and go update everything. If I missed something, it was something that couldn't have been that important to me because I didn't save it.
The Fife
Stuff just happens - I've had a .mac email since minutes after Steve Jobs announced iTools and was able to get my actual name. I couldn't even imagine how many things that's associated with. I'd be finding straggler accounts that had been missed for years after the fact.
WoMD
Charpie said:

WoMD said:

Charpie said:

AgsMyDude said:

I guess I just have all of my logins stored on my phone. It was easy to search for ...@aggienetwork.com and go update everything. If I missed something, it was something that couldn't have been that important to me because I didn't save it.

A week before the end date, I remembered that access for my three state medical licenses were all online, with two giving renewal reminders and instructions only through my email. Luckily I was able to get that sorted while I could, as there's no way to change it except using the original. Still waiting on the California email and login change, but at least they have a heads up. Got lucky it randomly occurred to me, as all the renewals are during the summer, so I could have been screwed.

So no, some critical **** is being missed by many of us. We just don't know all of it yet.
Charpie
AG
That sucks.

Email forwarding would have been really nice
TAMUallen
AG
Charpie said:

That sucks.

Email forwarding would have been really nice

And warranted since this was promised as a forever thing. I get it that things can change but they handled this about the worst way possible.
Charpie
AG
Or at least the option to pay for it.
Malachi Constant
AG
I lost access to my seven year old son's private youtube channel where he tried to recreate a bunch of Dude Perfect videos. The videos aren't gone, but since the email is deactivated, there is no way to modify the channel or add new videos.

Before the deactivation of the aggienetwork email, I tried to get the youtube channel transferred to another account, which apparently is completely impossible (I went as far as emailing google tech support).
StringerBell
AG
part of the issue is that them google takeout process is pretty ****ing clunky too.
Pman17
AG

Got the email for TAMU Google Drive. Never used my Google Drive anyways with TAMU. We do everything in Office and staff gets 5TB of OneDrive.
mneisch
AG
Wife and I used Aggie Network account for photo storage and had linked it to our personal Google account. Apparently I only linked the accounts and did not migrate them to my personal account. SOL now on retrieving them?
Charpie
AG
mneisch said:

Wife and I used Aggie Network account for photo storage and had linked it to our personal Google account. Apparently I only linked the accounts and did not migrate them to my personal account. SOL now on retrieving them?

Yea
mneisch
AG
Oh man. I better hope I can find them in an old iPhone backup. This would be all the pictures going back to when our kids were born. Maybe I assumed they were migrated since I could see them when logged into the personal Google account, not realizing they weren't actually stored there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.