Home theater

2,620 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by agdoc2001
RoyVal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well the son moved out two weeks ago so I took over the kids upstairs playroom, threw away the old ping pong table and cleared out a bunch of junk and FINALLY got my home theater/media room!

120 inches of screen

javajaws
AG
I recently downsized from 110" projector to 77" oled. But gained 7.2.4 in the process. A suitable compromise given that I sit a little closer now anyway and can now watch stuff during the day without being in a blackout room (which is what I used to have).

Kind of pissed though at some led strip I put behind my flat screen that started to fail within a week. Guess I need to try a different brand.
RoyVal
AG
javajaws said:

I recently downsized from 110" projector to 77" oled. But gained 7.2.4 in the process. A suitable compromise given that I sit a little closer now anyway and can now watch stuff during the day without being in a blackout room (which is what I used to have).

Kind of pissed though at some led strip I put behind my flat screen that started to fail within a week. Guess I need to try a different brand.
I bought a 120 inch ALR screen. really nice during the day! And for your LED light....go philips hue. expensive as hell, but they just work.
Tone2002
What kind of LED lights are those?
RoyVal
AG
Tone2002 said:

What kind of LED lights are those?
Philips hue signe floor lamps
Cloud
Very nice! Now get some real speakers
RoyVal
AG
Cloud said:

Ha! I was waiting for that! I did the receiver/speaker thing for many years…no more.
Cloud
Even a nice 2.1 setup with something like a Sonos amp will blow the sound bar out of the water. Just something to think about!

Have fun and enjoy
javajaws
AG
RoyVal said:

Cloud said:

Ha! I was waiting for that! I did the receiver/speaker thing for many years…no more.

Dude you gotta get some real speakers and a subwoofer even if you just do 2.1.

javajaws
AG
Or you could do like me and go a little crazy...

RoyVal
AG
javajaws said:

well first off..I bet that sounds amazing! But second off...my wife would kill me if new home theater looked like a circuit city!
javajaws
AG
RoyVal said:

well first off..I bet that sounds amazing! But second off...my wife would kill me if new home theater looked like a circuit city!

lol my wife actually bought the main left/right speakers and the tv before I added everything else. If you know how much those speakers cost you'll see I have a keeper!
agdoc2001
AG
A thick pad under your rug would probably be a nice upgrade. It'd feel better and help to absorb some slap echo.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
javajaws said:

Wow, a "little crazy"? LOL!

Out of curiosity, what all do you have in that setup (speakers AND electronics)?
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
AgsWin2011
AG
Very nice! How much did you pay for the screen? Is it ALR?
RoyVal
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

Very nice! How much did you pay for the screen? Is it ALR?
yeah it's a 120 inch ALR screen from Nothing projector. It's the black series.
javajaws
AG
Col. Steve Austin said:

Wow, a "little crazy"? LOL!

Out of curiosity, what all do you have in that setup (speakers AND electronics)?

Revel F208 left and right
Revel C208 center
Revel M106 side surrounds
Revel S16 rear surrounds
Revel M80XC x 4 atmos
Rythmik E15HP2
Rythmik FV15HP
Marantz AV10
Buckeye 3-channel Purifi 1ET400A
Buckeye 6-channel Hypex NC252MP
March Audio 2-channel p452
WiiM Pro
Sony 4K player
Sony 77"

Cabinet is from Salamander designs

The absorbers are all DIY with 4" rock wool and covered in Guilford of Maine fabric. The colored squares thing on the back wall is also an absorber.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Sounds like one Helluva setup. Did you put all that together as far as designing the system, matching up the components, etc?
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
RoyVal
AG
These UST projectors are really pretty amazing!

DBird
What brand UST Projector?
RoyVal
AG
DBird said:

What brand UST Projector?

I have the Epson LS 650
javajaws
AG
Col. Steve Austin said:

Sounds like one Helluva setup. Did you put all that together as far as designing the system, matching up the components, etc?
Yeah, all hand picked by me. This was also sort of a refactor of my setup(s). I used to have a separate 5.1 system with some old M&K speakers and a separate 2.1 system for just music. I wanted to combine those two to be the best of both in one system so that guided my decisions at a high level. I generally use avsforum and audiosciencereview to research equipment and stuff.
jr15aggie
AG
Very nice Roy! Enjoy, and congrats on re-claiming part of your house!!!
Mathguy64
AG
javajaws said:

Col. Steve Austin said:

Yeah, all hand picked by me. This was also sort of a refactor of my setup(s). I used to have a separate 5.1 system with some old M&K speakers and a separate 2.1 system for just music. I wanted to combine those two to be the best of both in one system so that guided my decisions at a high level. I generally use avsforum and audiosciencereview to research equipment and stuff.

I use Vandersteen 2CE sigs as my mains for my HT. They do ok for music.
RoyVal
AG
anybody have any good home theater seat recommendations?
Nixter
AG
I've had these on my list for some time but haven't pulled the trigger.

https://valenciatheaterseating.com/theater-seating/cinema/piacenza-power-hr/
agdoc2001
AG
I have 5 chairs from Seatcraft that have held up well and weren't ridiculously expensive
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgsWin2011
AG
I would love to buy an ALR screen but can't justify the cost.

OP, how much did you pay for your screen if you don't mind sharing?
RoyVal
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

I would love to buy an ALR screen but can't justify the cost.

OP, how much did you pay for your screen if you don't mind sharing?
rynning
AG
While on the subject, I have a Polk Audio CS400i center speaker that I'm hoping to sell.
aggiedata
AG
Do it!

Here's my Valencia's shipped from Canada.
RoyVal
AG
Nixter said:

I've had these on my list for some time but haven't pulled the trigger.

https://valenciatheaterseating.com/theater-seating/cinema/piacenza-power-hr/
I've looked at those, but I think I found a less expensive option: https://www.afw.com/marcus-charcoal-gray-p2-power-reclining-chair
agdoc2001
AG
aggiedata said:

Do it!

Here's my Valencia's shipped from Canada.

Interesting rear speaker placement you have going on there
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.