Helldivers 2

12,009 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Dark_Knight
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I played a good bit of Helldivers years ago which was a fun (but hard) coop top down game. I had no idea that they were releasing a follow-up game and it looks awesome!

Anyone else thinking about getting this? Waiting to see if my gaming buddy is interested before I dive in to Helldivers 2.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgSportsFan89
AG
I really enjoyed the first one back on my ps4. It looks fun, although there are some concerns with the anti cheat software and bugs/ connection issues. I will probably give it a bit to clean up
rhutton125
AG
So far so good. Already created some co-op memories.
OldArmy07
AG
Picked it up on PC. Best game I've played in years. I make so little time for gaming these days that most multiplayer games stress me out more than they give me an escape. HD2 is carefree enough that I can jump in and have fun even when I lose.
kb2001
AG
Looks like a cross between Starship Troopers and Hell Divers books.
kb2001
AG
This game looks incredible

Artorias
AG
Game is pretty buggy atm. Can't connect to server half the time. Gotta quit the game and restart to get your XP and item unlocks to show up. Guessing their servers are not keeping up but it feels half baked. Hopefully they figure it out soon.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Concurrent users are much higher than planned. I'm sure they'll address it today, hopefully!
BadMoonRisin
AG
You should try Risk of Rain 2 or Deep Rock Galactic. They are really chill.
BadMoonRisin
AG
This looks good. I might get it on pc
Pman17
AG
Bought it yesterday with my Humble Choice discount. Played a few hours. Tried playing today… servers were down in the morning and now they're full in the afternoon. Broke records on Steam though.
All I do is Nguyen
Bought it today and played a few matches solo. This game lends itself to coop otherwise it gets pretty repetitive
No matter what
Pman17
AG
Yea, I think it's a bit overhyped so far, but I haven't unlocked a whole lot of stuff. You can't do much in solo, but that's all you can do right now with the servers broken. I do like that everyone is contributing as a whole to liberate planets. I already can't play many because they're already liberated. There's a little bit of FOMO there but some biomes do repeat. I'm curious if the planets being liberated are going faster than anticipated for the developer with the number of players. Very close to the outer rim now.
Billy Moose
AG
I'm not as into playing games as I used to be and it's hard to find one I like, but I REALLY like this game. If anyone is playing, hit me up to join your squad.
Pman17
AG
So... the developer didn't anticipate the game's success and so their backend code wasn't designed to support expanded capacity. They literally couldn't just add more servers. In order to fix it may take weeks.

Looks like the only way to play is during the week days or till everyone moves on to something else.
All I do is Nguyen
Was able to hop on last night and today without issue. Was able to hop into a rando lobby and had fun running around with that guys
No matter what
BadMoonRisin
AG
Thats a shame. I can see a day or two of downtime, but months? Makes me hesitate to jump in.
jr15aggie
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

That's a shame. I can see a day or two of downtime, but months? Makes me hesitate to jump dive in.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Today's patch apparently has a 15 minute afk timer
Pman17
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Yea, that fixed it.

Man the Automatons are difficult
easttexasaggie04
AG
Does this game work on steam deck?
All I do is Nguyen
Been playing against the Automatons since day 1 and yeah they are tough but we need the help in that sector! When I logged off last night Malevelon creek was 0% liberated!

WE NEED TO SPREAD MORE DEMOCRACY!!!
KidDoc
AG
I just did the tutorial last night and plan to start diving tonight with my old gaming buddy.

Gotta love a game when you die on the tutorial!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Does this game work on steam deck?

It does... 30 fps with pretty low settings, but it runs based on some videos that I've seen. Given its success you can bet Valve will help optimize it best they can.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Pman17 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Yea, that fixed it.

Whatever your difficulty level, add another on top for Automatons imo. I use the breaker and expendable AT a lot.
Artorias
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Pman17 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Yea, that fixed it.

Whatever your difficulty level, add another on top for Automatons imo. I use the breaker and expendable AT a lot.
Yeah I usually downgrade 1 difficulty level for Automatons versus the difficulty level I run for Bugs. So many ranged attacks and more armored enemies make them tougher to deal with, for me. Maybe I am using the wrong stratagems.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Is the state of the game better now?
AeroAg2012
AG
I played tonight and it was pretty seemless. No waiting screen.

Only complaint is that on the first mission my primary weapon bugged and it never came back (even after dying and getting reinforced).

The game is so much fun. Before it dropped I was grinding Escape from Tarkov and this gave me an excuse to put that on the back burner for awhile.
Drake aTm
AG
How exactly do missions work? Do I just do random ones and grind mats/credits?
KidDoc
AG
Finally got time to play with my teen neighbor gaming buddy last night. Got in trouble with the Ole lady for laughing and talking too loud while she was trying to sleep across the house!

Anyway for two middle aged cadets the automatons are so hard. It isn't even the individual units it is just the unending dropships and running low on ammo. I'm guessing once we buy more specials it will be more achievable but it is near impossible with a pair of newbies.

KidDoc99 on steam
AeroAg2012
AG
Invest in stratagems like Eagle Air Strike and getting a weapon that can attack the heavies.

Kite enemies like crazy to gather them into groups.

Focus on objectives, you'll never clear out all the enemies.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I'll add you. I just bought it now that the servers are supposed to be stable.
Absolute
AG
Starting to peak my interest if I could find people to play with.....

Seems like every game I have purchased in thvelast few years has been a bust.
Pman17
AG
My friend code if anyone wants to add me on Steam.

Artorias
AG
Absolute said:

Starting to peak my interest if I could find people to play with.....

Seems like every game I have purchased in thvelast few years has been a bust.
This game definitely shines with other players. It is ok solo, but you hit a wall pretty quickly.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.