Helldivers 2

12,013 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Dark_Knight
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We shall see, can't trust anyone from Bama as it is
KidDoc
AG
So what stratagems and ship modules are you higher ups finding helpful? Only rank 10 Space Cadet so far and it is anxiety provoking to spend war bonds on something that ends up being less useful than an automaton.

My current setup is medium armor with laser rifle + cannon usually with orbital strike, resupply, and air strafing run.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
All I do is Nguyen
You will eventually have them all unlocked if you hit max level.

For bugs I use the mech, orbital laser, my incendiary shotgun and auto cannon turret

For the bots I use the laser canon, orbital laser, shield backpack and rocket sentry
BamaAg25
AG
Guard Dog is also really good against bugs. Let's you focus on the bigger stuff while it takes out the little guys.
Drake aTm
AG
The eagle upgrades are definitely worth it
KidDoc
AG
Those new kamikaze automatons are giving me trouble! Starting to find them and prioritize them is helping though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jokershady
AG
I keep using the anti-matter sniper for dealing with the armored beasts and it's not bad….but not sure if there's something better I should be using….dont want to use my experience or credits on a bad primary weapon or weapon drop…

I just made it to level 13
KidDoc
AG
jokershady said:

I keep using the anti-matter sniper for dealing with the armored beasts and it's not bad….but not sure if there's something better I should be using….dont want to use my experience or credits on a bad primary weapon or weapon drop…

I just made it to level 13
The laser cannon is remarkably effective for just about all bots for me.
All I do is Nguyen
Can confirm, the laser canon is where it's at with the bots
zip04
AG
Autocannon is really good, and a lot of fun to use. But it does utilize a backpack spot, so you have to make sacrifices helldiver.
Hagen95
AG
I must apologize to my helldiver team. After wiping out the automaton menace, I took some time off for work conference this week. I can't believe you guys let them back in. Please tell me we still hold malevolent creek.
KidDoc
AG
I ordered my first ever video game shirt today.

Fenrir
Are samples and medals more prevalent at higher difficulties? I've been working 3-4 to get samples to upgrade but now I'm wondering if I would be better off trying to get higher difficulties unlocked.
All I do is Nguyen
Yes. The higher difficulties award more medals and I believe you can collect m ore samples, and only epic samples from level 7 and up
No matter what
Fenrir
I figured that was the case, just never paid attention. I need to add some of you guys because I have **** for luck when it comes to getting randoms to join me. I've had to unlock difficulties solo so far and last one I did I completed but failed to evac so I have mostly just been doing other in progress missions.
redline248
AG
I'm a giant video game weeny and have so far avoided many higher difficulties unless I'm playing with a friend. But after a few on medium, I think I do need to up my game a little.
All I do is Nguyen
Anything higher than medium you definitely a full squad
jokershady
AG
Those of you with PSN names I sent y'all friend requests my PSN is the same as my Texags handle
redline248
AG
I love this game, but something on my PC can't handle it. Just straight shuts off in half the missions
Breggy Popup
AG
redline248 said:

I love this game, but something on my PC can't handle it. Just straight shuts off in half the missions

PSU going bad?
All I do is Nguyen
Could be over heating from the CPU OR GPU
redline248
AG
My guess is it's a heating issue, but I don't know for sure
All I do is Nguyen
redline248 said:

My guess is it's a heating issue, but I don't know for sure
CHeck windows event logs, and install a temp monitoring software, I recommend HWMonitor it monitors your CPU, GPU and RAM temps
Fenrir
I've had some major bugs lately. Falling from height has gotten me stuck under ground, a charger knocked me through the map, got stuck between an object and fence and had to nade myself and start over...

Funniest two instances though was a squad mate got stuck in a part of the ship near the hologlobe behind a railing they aren't supposed to be able to access. I somehow fell through the floor of the ship and started free falling. When my team tried to start a mission my hellpod activated like I was standing in it but was empty. I couldn't select any statagems or make myself ready so they either had to kick me or I would have to close and restart the game.
jokershady
AG
Had one bug where the yellow "team" strategems most importantly reinforcement and resupply….DID NOT EXIST….we had to be super careful to not die and spare our ammo….

And no this was not part of a sub objective to turn them back on….all our personal stratagems were working perfectly fine….we completed the mission but man we were on pins and needles
Hagen95
AG
It was overheating my son's gpu and we determined one fan wasn't turning any more. Our engineered solution was to take the side off and put a fan outside it. I told him we would eventually get him a new card, but freedom never rests.
Fenrir
So to unlock a higher difficulty do I have to complete a set of missions that I start or can I run the gauntlet on someone set of missions to unlock?

Was on last mission before unlocking level 7 and my team just was not high enough leveled. It was one of the rescue missions where you just get waves and waves attacking while you try to evacuate the base and we just got stomped on by titans and chargers galore. I was the only one with any weapons or statagems that could handle either bug. Thinking about trying to luck into a higher level persons lobby and unlock that way.
Hagen95
AG
I believe it unlocks the next level up when you complete a mission. It doesn't matter whose mission it was
All I do is Nguyen
You have to complete an OPERATION which consists of three missions. I was super confused by this at first too
Fenrir
I get that, just trying to confirm if it has to be started from my ship or can I join someone else and complete 3 with them?
KidDoc
AG
Fenrir said:

I get that, just trying to confirm if it has to be started from my ship or can I join someone else and complete 3 with them?

Just need to complete it, anyone can start it.
Ryan34
AG
Fenrir said:

Doesn't have to be your ship.
Dark_Knight
AG
Add me on Steam texan190, friend code 47296022

For managed democracy brothers

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.