Game emulation

3,644 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Pman17
WGann3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had the Android release page bookmarked so finding the URL was easy. Haven't ever used the mainline version so what I did was Googled until I found what looked to be the old website URL of the mainline version releases on github. I'm pretty sure it's the URL I have posted in the screenshot below. When you dump that URL into the waybackmachine, it will take you to a snapshot in time of that web page. Try some of those dates like March 4th.

jr15aggie
AG
Thanks bud, I will try this out later. Not even sure I'll be using it right away. I mainly want to emulate old systems and arcade classics.

But I'm like most children, I'm a bit upset being told "you can't have this".... aw heck no, I want it even more now!
WGann3
AG
Happy to help. If you start to tinker in the future and can't get ahold of something Yuzu or Citra related just let me know and we can take it to DMs and I can help you out. Happy to make it easy and host something on Dropbox for you.
jr15aggie
AG
Feel free to email me at texags username @gmail if you have any specific pointers or links. I don't have premium so I can't DM. But I can sign up if that's easier (lord knows I've been using free texags 90% of the time for 20+ years now).

I started the process tonight. Ran into a snag with emudeck... my old work PC is windows 7. Looks like it wants windows 10 or higher. No problem... downloaded to my wife's laptop for now and using the old PC for Rom searches. My gosh there is a ton of trash and empty links out there.

I found a good redit page with lots of rom links. But man it's making me feel old because, despite some good YouTube videos, it still feels like it's all hush hush. Just enough ambiguity to make it hard.

Maybe I'll get it the more I tinker. Downloaded a couple GameCube roms... at least I think I did. Will try tomorrow to import them on the wife's laptop and see if I can get them playing thru emudeck.

For now I feel defeated... so many YouTubers trying to make it easy but it's still confusing. I was running Nes and Snes emulators 15 years ago so I'm a bit disappointed that I'm struggling now.
WGann3
AG
About to email you where I get everything that isn't current gen like Switch.
AgsWin2011
AG
Might be wise to get a VPN if you plan on downloading ROMs
Pman17
AG
Apple just opened up game emulation in it's app policy today.
https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/5/24122341/apple-app-store-game-emulators-super-apps

Also discovered this...
https://afterplay.io/
Pman17
AG
The first emulator is out on iOS.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/17/24132984/delta-free-emulator-nintendo-gba-n64-iphone-app-store-us
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.