Best place to sell an old iPhone?

1,034 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Iowaggie
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My mom is going into assisted living and won't need her iPhone anymore. I know there are places to sell them but was wondering if anyone knew where to get the best offer? The first two sites I checked were way different. Not sure if there are any brick & mortar places to turn it in for cash either. TIA
sherminator
Best price is probably going to require the most work, Facebook marketplace, CL or eBay.

Brick and mortar places are going to low ball you, unless they can get you to commit to a new phone.
91AggieLawyer
AG
What is it and how much do you want?
Know Your Enemy
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

What is it and how much do you want?

It's an XS with 56GB. Found one offer online for $110.
bam02
AG
Not sure about selling, but I have bought at least five or six iPhones on swappa, and I've been very happy with the process
Tailgate88
AG
Another vote for Swappa. Have sold several on there.
frankm01
I bought 2 used iPhones on the Classified board here on TexAgs. As far as I'm concerned, it's better than dealing with FB, etc. Also, iPhones are small enough to ship at a reasonable cost.

Good luck.
Iowaggie
AG
I have nothing left to add besides what has been mentioned here.
Are there any nieces or nephews that could use it?

At that trade-in value, I tend to hold on to the phone as insurance against loss or breakage of the main phone. I don't know how many times I have ended up using an older phone for 3-9 months after my spouse or kids break theirs. I know I probably have more phones that I kept and didn't use. So, I guess that's absolutely 0 help.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.