Talk to me about AI program that records speech on computer/serial klller

1,101 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by goodbull92
Tabasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pay or free. For reference I'm old, so be gentle. On TicTok I have seen things you can link to your phone that records, transcribes, and summarizes things like college lectures. My specific interest is to record an interview of someone where it transcribes what they say, and just to spike things up, it is specifically about someone with intimate knowledge of some famous serial killers. I would love to get his thoughts before he dies (he is old). This might never happen, but it has been on my mind and hopefully this will motivate me to make this happen.
C@LAg
I have used IBM Watson (subscription service) to transcribe voice to text.

You can record the audio however you want (phone, digital recorder, etc), then upload it to their cloud service to process.
aggie_wes
AG
Otter.ai

flakrat
AG
Rent one of those stenographers from the near by court house!
Tabasco
AG
flakrat said:

Rent one of those stenographers from the near by court house!

This made me lol, and I pictured u as an old guy spitting' image of Colonel Sanders. Pretty sure I met u at bar before an Auburn game, which totally ruins the aesthetic.
flakrat
AG
Yeah, think it was Auburn 2012. Met up with Spanky, Gordo96 ands a bunch of others. Good time except when the temperature dropped and most of us were in shorts and sheet sleeves.
tlepoC
AG
If you have Android on your phone just use the included recorder app
fig96
AG
Company in Austin called Rev has a service that does it, AI based if you want fairly accurate or higher priced if you want a human 100% accurate transcription.

Lots of services will transcribe footage/audio for you after the fact, don't worry about that up front and just get the content recorded.
Tabasco
AG
aggie_wes said:

Otter.ai

tried otter ai, signed up, but email verification has not shown up.
jeffk
AG
Zoom will generate a transcription for you from a meeting recorded to the cloud. It's pretty accurate ime.
goodbull92
AG
If you are doing it from a phone interview, look into a DialPad account. They are doing some real cool AI stuff in the VoIP telephony realm.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.