World of Warcraft: The War Within

963 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by Jinx
Jinx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"World of Warcraft: The War Within is an upcoming tenth expansion pack for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) World of Warcraft, following Dragonflight. It is part of a new Worldsoul Saga trilogy led by Chris Metzen. World of Warcraft: The War Within is scheduled to release in 2024 for Windows and macOS."

Metzen is back at the helm and this next expansion will be the first in a trilogy. With player happiness (if there ever was such a thing) taking a nosedive ever since Legion, Dragonflight has been a refreshing departure from Blizzard's stubborn ways of not taking player feedback seriously. Will it continue into The War Within?

They've taken a lot of great ideas from other games *cough FFXIV cough* on how to be receptive and communicative with your players and it seems to be working out.

I don't play as hard as I used to, personally. 1 raid night a week when a new raid drops until AoTC, then we break until the next tier. Works for us as we're all older with families and other priorities - but still enjoy blowing off some steam killing npcs. (If this sounds interesting, we could use some more dps )

Anyone else planning on picking it up? Thoughts on the new direction?
PatriotAg02
AG
Believe it when I see it. I don't play retail WoW anymore. I dabble in the classic offerings. If metzen can get the old feel of wow back instead of the rainbows and lollipops of dragon flight I may try it. Shadowlands sucked but at least it had a darker, grittier vibe to it.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
I haven't played since Shadowlands.

What night do you guys raid? That's the type of guild I am looking for....people with families and other obligations because as you well know, when you have a family and are older you just don't have the free time to raid multiple nights per week.
Jinx
I'm also a "believe when I see it" person. I've taken breaks in Cata, Warlords, start of Legion and end of Shadowlands.

I am cautiously optimistic for TWW. My own opinion is that they did a lot right gameplay wise with Dragonflight, despite the story being a bit lacking. Hoping we've turned a corner there.

As for our group, we raid Saturday nights from 8 to midnight. Looking for folks that can keep their ilvl up, not stand in fire, and beat the tanks in dps. Proficient in good natured banter is a plus.

If anyone is interested, can hit up Koda#1298 on bnet or Kodabonk on Discord for addl info.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.