Moving iPhone contacts from Aggienetwork?

589 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Jason_InfinityRoofer
Jason_InfinityRoofer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, I thought I had everything zipped up before the Aggienetwork gmail shutdown but it seems my phone has been storing new contacts to that account. I have them on my phone and there are 1500 of them. However, I can't delete the aggienetwork account from iPhone because it will delete the contacts and I can't get the contacts off to import to another account because I don't have access to that Gmail account. Lol.

How can I MOVE the contacts to another account? I'd rather not lose them all.
Rex Racer
AG
I'm going to ask the obvious question here. Since this is an iPhone, why not just allow the contacts that are currently stored on your phone to sync to iCloud?
Charpie
AG
https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/export-contacts-iph075ddebf2/ios
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Rex Racer said:

I'm going to ask the obvious question here. Since this is an iPhone, why not just allow the contacts that are currently stored on your phone to sync to iCloud?

Well, I have that option turned on, but I don't know how to make sure it's actually backed them up because when I go to remove the Gmail account, or turn the slider off for contacts on that account, it threatens to delete them and if they aren't truly backed up, I'm hosed.

Your suggestion is what I want to do, but…I'm a chicken.

I turned the slider on (I think) a week ago and contacts shows me 169 in iCloud. So, clearly that's not working.

Do I have to export them first, as shown above? It won't just grab them from the phone and backup via iCloud?

Plus the whole backup thing for iPhone is hokey as hell. I have every single app turned "off", and I have 3gb of storage available and yet the iPhone can't be backed up because not enough storage. I'm skeptical.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Well, i exported and then imported with icloud on the PC, but not all of them came across, so I did it again, and now they are duplicated.

I worked with Android, and I hate it, but man, I am way too stupid for iPhone. It's the most convoluted, unintuitively designed software I've ever worked with and I have used it for 20 years and have a decade of experience with in house developers for proprietary software for my old job. It was horrible, so I dumbed myself down to get through it, but not enough to function through serious iOS tasks.

EDIT: think I got it. I lost a few contacts…maybe 50, maybe 100, I'm not sure how many and I'm not sure why they were lost. anyway, I have some cleanup to do that's needed to be done a long time ago.

Time to get rid of stuff like "John something hit my truck"

Lol.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.