Looking for New TV - Comparisons

844 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by tfunk02
SECcess12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll start by saying I probably spend too much time looking at reviews/ratings/RTINGS reviews, etc. I am typically pretty happy with the mid to upper mid range TVs that I've purchased in the past.

Looking for a new master bedroom TV. Currently have an outdated Sony 65" 4k (lower mid range) and looking to upgrade. Recently I bought and replaced our living room TV with the Samsung 75" QN90B and really happy with that one(big bright room and it looks great). A year ago also added a Samsung 65" S95B to the mancave/home theater and have been pretty happy with that one.

Want to keep the same size in the master bedroom to replace the Sony, but here is what I have been looking at:

LG G3 65"
Samsung The Frame
LG C3 65"
Samsung S95C 65"
Samsung S90C 65"

Open to others, but for sure have been pleased with any Samsung I've had. Any thoughts to the above? Will I be able to tell a difference with the G3 vs the C3 at all? The Frame I've heard has bleeding issues so I don't want to get something that I would be disappointed with down the road, but liked the art mode aspect of it.

Other thing I like the idea of is a flush mount for the G3 or the Frame TV, or even the S95C since it has the one connect box. I want a slim profile for the wall so that's why I've been looking at those more exclusively.

Since the G4 and the S95D is coming out, figured I could get some better pricing coming up soon, but haven't seen them drop too much so far.

Let me know thoughts to help me make a choice.
zag213004
AG
I got G3 65. A couple months ago. Costco had a deal which included 5 year warranty. Replaced the 2015 fire hazard samsung (should have been recalled). So far Great TV. plenty bright in a well lit room, infinite viewing angle. Super thin! And the G3 has the next Gen TV tuner hardware (it's compatibility for the next generation for over the air tv). Even the successor model G4 doesn't have it due to proprietary lawsuit. Have not had a chance to really stretch it's legs with it not being football season but I really do enjoy it this far
htxag09
AG
We have the Frame TV and like it, get lots of compliments.

I like the look and idea of the portrait/art mode in the bedroom, but not sure it's worth the premium as only my wife and I would ever see it....
boy09
AG
SECcess12 said:

Since the G4 and the S95D is coming out, figured I could get some better pricing coming up soon, but haven't seen them drop too much so far.
Judging by the prices of the C2/G2 when the C3/G3 came out, the prices aren't likely to drop more than the sale prices that have already happened. They C3 could be found for around $1400 back in February-ish. I don't see it going much lower than that. C2's today are still priced around the same as what i paid for mine well over a year ago.

After following TV prices pretty closely the past year and a half, late November/early December and February seem to be the best times to buy.
SECcess12
Thanks for all the replies. Helped me out a bit.
kyledr04
AG
I just got an 65in oled sony a75l. Good prices still at Best Buy. Same panel as lg. Basically the same as a80l for a lot less.

I have a lg cx that I like a lot. The sony replaced a lg c2 that died and LG claimed I "damaged" it so that wouldn't repair it under warranty. So I told them I wouldn't buy another. They have a great picture but all oled are super fragile. One Sony I got was dead when I got it home.
tfunk02
AG
Samsung refuses to put Doby Vision on their TVs, so I refuse to buy them.

Be sure to review the owners' threads of the models you're considering, whether on AVSForum or elsewhere. Once, I was close to purchasing a set based on numerous positive reviews, only to discover that the manufacturer had changed the panel after those reviews were published. Unfortunately, the replacement panel didn't match the quality of the original. I only learned about this by reading through the owners' thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.