Laptop not recognizing external monitor(s) --- HELP!

486 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by LitreBoy
LitreBoy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Okay Nerdery...this one is really messing with me.

- External Monitor 1 is a Samsung with a built in hub.
- External Monitor 2 is connected to above hub.
- USB C cable connected to laptop from hub (monitor)

Laptop has previously connected to these monitors with this setup. I was connected as usual on Friday. I left town Friday evening for the weekend and when I fire up the laptop on Monday AM, monitors are not working (or recognizing laptop). When the USB C is plugged into the hub, there is activity...so it seems that it detects there is something there, but then the monitors go into sleep mode. As far as I can remember, my laptop was sitting on my desk either in sleep mode or powered off over the weekend. I'm not sure if any updates were installed over the weekend (I highly doubt it).

I can connect my tablet and phone to the same USB C and the tablet/phone screen pops up on both monitors.

I've rebooted all devices....nothing.
I've tried different cables....nothing.
I've updated, rolled back, uninstall/re-install drivers....nothing.
I've "forced" laptop to detect monitors....nothing.
I tried connecting directly to two other monitors by themselves and still does not recognize the laptop.

Based on the fact pattern, it sounds like a hardware (laptop) or driver issue, but I think I've tried just about everything.

I've used the Google machine to search for fixes and can't seem to come up with anything new to try outside of calling hardware (laptop) help line.

Any suggestions??????
LitreBoy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Problem solved.....

I updated laptop (including BIOS) and ... what do you know... screens fired up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.