*****Official gun trading thread*****
1,037,356 Views | 5376 Replies
CTGilley
9:32p, 5/22/24
In reply to drummer0415
drummer0415 said:

Tumble Weed said:

And drummer knows a thing or two about rethinking a price.

I've been wrong on my price a time or two.

I've also bought and sold A LOT of stuff (gun related and otherwise) on TexAgs, and people here are generally well plugged into what stuff costs, so it's not like you're gonna be able to pull a fast one and rip somebody off. I welcome all helpful input when I'm off on my price and it needs an adjustment.

I have called a few people out a time or too but normally when it appears they are trying to pull a fast one or they are way off the mark. I normally make sure I am well informed but sometimes it is a late night. I have also been blown away on market value a few times when looking it up.
mickthelip
10:20p, 5/22/24
I have a gun for sale. No pictures, no price, dm me for details.
AgRN16
8:55a, 5/23/24
In reply to mickthelip
mickthelip said:

I have a gun for sale. No pictures, no price, dm me for details.

BrazosDog02
9:58a, 5/23/24
Since we are talking about shotguns, anyone have any Ithaca doubles they'd like to part with?
Maybe Next Year
11:11a, 5/23/24
Wow. My post was obviously bothersome to many of you. Certainly wasn't my reasoning, but makes me no difference. It will be listed on Guns International later on today. Carry on.
Apache
11:19a, 5/23/24
Why wouldn't you list a price? We can all look up comparables online. You deserve the ribbing you're getting!
Eliminatus
11:32a, 5/23/24
In reply to Apache
Apache said:

Why wouldn't you list a price? We can all look up comparables online. You deserve the ribbing you're getting!

In case anyone is curious, these run around 9-12K depending on condition of course, per the googles. I don't know why that has to be some weird secret or anything. We all know there are some monied folks here who routinely fish in even deeper pools of exquisite firearms.
Hungry Ojos
11:37a, 5/23/24
I think if he had posted a price, it would have been heavily scrutinized by the regulars and interested posters would have had a much better feel as to whether the price was fair or not.

By not posting a price though, he eliminated any potential back and forth giving him a big upper hand in negotiations with people he might be able to stick it to.

At least, that's what my sadistic brain is telling me…
Maybe Next Year
12:14p, 5/23/24
In reply to Hungry Ojos
This is completely wrong. Asking price in every direct message was $8500. Have the mods fact check that. I wanted price, maintenance, and condition records provided privately to a serious potential buyer- should that buyer had the intention of marking it up and reselling it elsewhere. Obviously, that wasn't recognized. I won't make that error here again.
Apache
12:36p, 5/23/24
In reply to Maybe Next Year
Brother you're just taking this life thing too seriously.
No one really cares that much. Good luck with the sale.
Maybe Next Year
12:38p, 5/23/24
In reply to Apache
I didn't take it seriously until ojos accused me of trying to "stick" another Aggie. That matters to me.
Hungry Ojos
12:50p, 5/23/24
My apologies. Just how it came across to me but I really do apologize if that wasn't the intent.
Apache
12:53p, 5/23/24
agsalaska
1:02p, 5/23/24
Maybe Next Year said:

I didn't take it seriously until ojos accused me of trying to "stick" another Aggie. That matters to me.

Yea man we were just jacking with you. It was funny.

Nice shotgun by the way.

And my offer still stands.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Maybe Next Year
1:31p, 5/23/24
In reply to Hungry Ojos
All good
cledus6150
1:47p, 5/23/24
Shoot, from my knowledge of the shotgun world asking $8,500 for that shotgun is what I would have considered more than a reasonable price. Everyone is just hammering you for not providing the price up front, lots here spend copious amount on firearms. We just like to protect the board and thread by making sure everyone puts a price on the posts. Definitely prefer to not start bidding wars in here but also will chastise anyone who crawfishes on a deal.
CTGilley
2:50a, 5/25/24
In reply to cledus6150
cledus6150 said:

Shoot, from my knowledge of the shotgun world asking $8,500 for that shotgun is what I would have considered more than a reasonable price. Everyone is just hammering you for not providing the price up front, lots here spend copious amount on firearms. We just like to protect the board and thread by making sure everyone puts a price on the posts. Definitely prefer to not start bidding wars in here but also will chastise anyone who crawfishes on a deal.
this!
highvelocity
9:55a, 5/25/24
are we back to trading / selling now? I get real excited when i see a bunch of notifications on this thread
Daddy-O5
11:33a, 5/25/24
Location - Tomball, email in profile.

Let's get back on track with cheap "homemade" ARs

Never fired AR-10. Went through a build spurt a few years back and thought it'd be fun to put together a cheap as possible AR-10. .308. Bought the upper and lower separate but already assembled.

Tennessee arms polymer lower. Bear Creek Arsenal side charging upper. Sonora 4-12 scope.

500 bucks or equivalent trade offer.

cledus6150
7:48p, 5/25/24
AR-15 I built it from the parts below:

-Rock river lower
-Magpul UBR stock
-CMC single stage 3.5 pound trigger
-Magpul MOE grip

-PSA upper receiver
-PSA BCG
-PSA 1-7 5.56 chrome lined barrel
-BCM gunfighter charging handle