Hot-headed Brit millionaire learning to farm is outdoors
10,417 Views | 52 Replies
Max Power
7:28p, 6/29/21
In reply to longeryak
True, but that would defeat the purpose of the show.
P.H. Dexippus
12:32p, 2/12/23
Season 2 is now out
Bradley.Kohr.II
2:18p, 2/12/23
I think its as much about trying to explain that London has all but outlawed farming, as much as anything else.

It is quite funny.
javajaws
5:56p, 2/12/23
Watched all of S2...if you liked s1 this is pretty much more of the same except with even more regulatory issues lol. I really hope someone picks it up for a S3.
p_bubel
10:53a, 2/13/23

I kept wondering at what point does all the red tape cause Jeremy to sell up and move abroad?
(If he would do that, that is)

It's just insane.

Series Two is not as funny as the first, but I guess that's the point. He's learning a bit. It's still entertaining as hell to watch.
Max Power
12:44p, 2/13/23
Watched several episodes this weekend, and it's still awesome. I really enjoy this show. Based on this Amazon is effectively cancelling their relationship with Clarkson after his current shows are done because of a letter he wrote to Prince Harry. Looks like we can expect season 3 next year, but that'll be it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11641055/Jeremy-Clarkson-dropped-Amazon-Prime-confirms-wont-commission-seasons.html
Mark Fairchild
8:36a, 2/14/23
What I have learned by watching this show is that the UK is the WORST place ever, they used to say Russia was bad. Never, ever seen this level of total government interference in people's lives (I know that the Dems are bringing it here, but not as bad as UK,yet)! You will let an entire country's cattle industry go down the tube for some STINKIN' BADGERS!! We don't need NO STINKIN' BADGERS!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Max Power
9:25a, 2/14/23
In reply to Mark Fairchild
While I thought the badger protection measures were bad, the opposition to the restaurant was 100X worse. What a bunch of insufferable bureaucratic morons. All the hoops they have to jump through to get anything done is just absurd. Was really eye-opening as well what the country has done to their entire farming industry. I thought the first season was more entertaining, but the second season was more educational, really enjoyed both seasons of the show, highly recommend.
Mark Fairchild
7:47a, 2/15/23
In reply to Max Power
Max: My thoughts exactly. I thought UK was a FREE county. Well, now I know, it ain't FREE! It is incomprehensible what those folks have to go through to do anything. They must have to fill out a form any time they even go to the bathroom, Was it #1 or #2, the quantity and color of the excrement, amount of TP used to wipe self? The ENTIRE country is all government controlled!!!

You know he is connected to Amazon by the totally INSANE amount of money he spends on stuff. I grew up around my Grandfathers cattle ranch, who raises cattle like that, AI instead of a bull? And why in the HELL are Brits so stinkin' scared of bulls? No horses on a cattle operation?

As you said, first series was fun and funny, this second year is informative alright, NEVER want to go to UK, they are SUPER WOKE!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
javajaws
7:57a, 2/15/23
In reply to Mark Fairchild
Mark Fairchild said:

Max: My thoughts exactly. I thought UK was a FREE county. Well, now I know, it ain't FREE! It is incomprehensible what those folks have to go through to do anything. They must have to fill out a form any time they even go to the bathroom, Was it #1 or #2, the quantity and color of the excrement, amount of TP used to wipe self? The ENTIRE country is all government controlled!!!

You know he is connected to Amazon by the totally INSANE amount of money he spends on stuff. I grew up around my Grandfathers cattle ranch, who raises cattle like that, AI instead of a bull? And why in the HELL are Brits so stinkin' scared of bulls? No horses on a cattle operation?

As you said, first series was fun and funny, this second year is informative alright, NEVER want to go to UK, they are SUPER WOKE!

Not just no horses...but no ATVs either. Seems really strange.
javajaws
7:59a, 2/15/23
In reply to Max Power
Max Power said:

While I thought the badger protection measures were bad, the opposition to the restaurant was 100X worse. What a bunch of insufferable bureaucratic morons. All the hoops they have to jump through to get anything done is just absurd. Was really eye-opening as well what the country has done to their entire farming industry. I thought the first season was more entertaining, but the second season was more educational, really enjoyed both seasons of the show, highly recommend.
I wonder what the timing of all of the restaurant business was with respect to his Markle comments. Maybe this was a little vindictive retribution?
80sGeorge
11:39a, 2/15/23
In reply to javajaws
The restaurant has been open since I think 2021. Seems like they took most of 2022 to edit the filming done then.

Applaud his efforts to diversify given they say in S2 E1 that due to Brexit he's be losing 80k or so of EU subsidies.

And, yes, when he's chasing a dozen cattle around I keep laughing and saying he needs a horse.

Edit to add the shop IG

https://instagram.com/diddlysquat.farmshop?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Max Power
6:29p, 2/15/23
The thing that bothered me the most is when he gathered the other farmers and they banded together to build a truly cooperative restaurant. Those other farmers were hurting and their own government was to blame for a lot of their pains. Then they can't get planning approved for what is effectively spite. When that one a-hole stood up and talked about standing outside admiring the grey skies I'm surprised no one threw something at him. One lady on the council truly went to bat for the idea and almost all the rest effectively told him to **** off. It was disgusting in my opinion, they should all be ashamed of themselves for voting to screw over their own neighbors.
Bradley.Kohr.II
7:15a, 2/16/23
In reply to Max Power
I think we all think he needs a horse. And some better genetics in his herd.

I'm far from an expert - maybe that's part of the schtick? Pay way too much for some sloppy looking cows - some looked OK, but the EPDs suck - clearly he could afford to buy excellent genes

Maybe it's a heritage breed, which got screwed up by pet breeders?
P.H. Dexippus
10:02p, 2/19/23
Government wins again
https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/jeremy-clarkson-accepts-councils-restaurant-closure-decision-652166-20230219
P.H. Dexippus
7:43p, 5/2/24
Season 3 out. The government totally screwing him over.
jt2hunt
8:00p, 5/2/24
Love watching this show.
MouthBQ98
8:36a, 5/3/24
The British have been for some time maddeningly, almost insanely bureaucratic. Monty Python used to mock that ruthlessly. It really doesn't help when every area is covered by what effectively amounts to a greatly empowered HOA/POA.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings