Outdoors
Sponsored by

pellet gun question

1,296 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Oruc Reis
BmtAg96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the most powerful pellet gun?
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
.50 BMG
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
There's a 357 caliber one... maybe a 44? Those are pretty stout
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Caladan
The .72 caliber pre-charged pneumatics are commonly thought to be the most powerful. But some of the .50 PCP's are right behind them.

C
BurnetAggie99
AEA Precision Zeus .72 caliber
BmtAg96
AG
What is your favorite recommendation for the most powerful under $150?
techno-ag
AG
BmtAg96 said:

Ha! That's a whole nother ball of wax.

Prolly go with a used .22 pneumatic. You might find something in your price range. Benjamin Marauders are good but new they're in the $400 range.

Pneumatics will be the most powerful at about 1500-2000 psi, but you'll have to get a pump. Hand pumps are cheap but they're a bear. Electric adds to your startup cost.

But pneumatics can be as good as a "real" gun when fully charged.
cupofjoe04
AG
BmtAg96 said:

That's like asking what's the fastest sports car under $10,000.

The powerful pellet gun market has gone WAY north of that.

What are you looking to get out of the "power"? Distance, pellet size, energy down range for bigger targets? That might help with recommendations.

In the bottom end price range, just steer clear of springers, and get the best pump you can find.
theJonatron
AG
I've killed a lot of squirrels with my cross man mag fire extreme break.

I think it was about $200. Quiet, fast, accurate.
Zaiquiri
AG
Save up and get a Benjamin Marauder. The hand pump is not that bad. Mine has a suppressor and will head shot squirrels all day.
BmtAg96
AG
What about break barrel rifles?
aftershock
BmtAg96 said:

I have a Gamo Silent Cat. It is picky about pellets, but with the gamo pellets it's dead on. Have killed many squirrels and rats with it.
cupofjoe04
AG
BmtAg96 said:

Those are all spring-powered. They might leave you disappointed, if power or precision are your desires. If you do go for a springer, do you research and get the best one you can find.

Ive got one in the garage. Bought brand new last year. It hardly ever gets shot, even by my kids. It's too stiff for them, and WAY too inaccurate for anyone. I went with the nicer of the cheap guns (right around $100), and I got exactly what I paid for. A nice looking cheap performing gun.

You are most likely looking for a pump action pneumatic in your price range (or bump up slightly). I grew up with a Benjamin pump. That was a SOLID rifle for me for many years. Accurate, and plenty of pop. I'm sure the new ones are even better.
Oruc Reis
AG
I've been with this one around $200
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/hatsan-mod-65?m=5620&trk_msg=OEP3DBLFN1Q4909TQFGA81LI3O&trk_contact=IMFHKC1JANFUOOM29OK884CHBS&trk_module=tra&trk_sid=6BC8AJLANQHQLO77R50TPM8KKC&trk_link=7DMDADSGK8NKL8Q88ILEFC5LDG&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.pyramydair.com%2fproduct%2fhatsan-mod-65%3fm%3d5620%2311417&utm_campaign=Thank+you+for+the+order!#11417
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.