Outdoors
Sponsored by

Need the grass and fertilizer guys to help me out please

1,865 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by 91AggieLawyer
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do I get rid of these weeds? Fertilizer? If so, which one? I live in Northwestern Colorado.

B-1 83
AG
Sheeee-it, neeee-gro, you came to the right place!

Looks like a bermudagrass base with broadleaf weeds. Use "Weed-B-Gone" and roll. What you mainly have is cool season stuff that will cook, shortly, but spray if you want to hasten their demise.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Hoyt Ag
AG
Thanks! I leave on the 3rd for a month and wont be home to tend to it like I want. I have a HS kid coming to mow, but he has not committed to pulling weeds. I wanted something I can put down before and after the vacation.
B-1 83
AG
Don't forget to add "Dawn" to whatever concoction you use.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Is this a serious response?
txags92
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

Is this a serious response?
Yes. Acts as a surfactant to help make the herbicide more effective.
B-1 83
AG
Yes! Dawn acts as a surfactant to break surface tension and evenly spread the herbicide on the leaves. If you spray, and the weeds aren't "wet", add more Dawn. Some pre-mixes say they have surfactant t, but it's rarely enough.
AgResearch
AG
B-1 83 said:

Looks like a bermudagrass base with broadleaf weeds. Use "Weed-B-Gone" and roll. What you mainly have is cool season stuff that will cook, shortly, but spray if you want to hasten their demise.

There's absolutely no chance that's bermudagrass in NW Colorado but a trimec / weed-b-gone for cool-season grasses will do the trick.
B-1 83
AG
AgResearch said:

B-1 83 said:

There's absolutely no chance that's bermudagrass in NW Colorado but a trimec / weed-b-gone for cool-season grasses will do the trick.
Wooooooooooooops! I'm missed that!
zooguy96
My whole front yard is probably a mix of those. If I sprayed, I'd have nothing.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Ok thanks. I appreciate it. So buy the WBG and add Dawn and then spray. Got it.
JSKolache
AG
Since it's already up you gotta use post-emegergent herbicide for broadleaf weeds. Next season put down some preemergent granular before it germinates. Gardeny folks in your area should be able recommend chemical brands and timing.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Well, If I wasnt going to be gone for a month on the other hemisphere, I would not care too much. But when I come back I have 4 turn arounds to manage and will not have the time to deal with personal *****
zooguy96
JSKolache said:

Since it's already up you gotta use post-emegergent herbicide for broadleaf weeds. Next season put down some preemergent granular before it germinates. Gardeny folks in your area should be able recommend chemical brands and timing.

I'm not putting my garden in for another 2 weeks (still in the 30's at night), so I'll look into that. Was just asking in general.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
aggiez03
AG
B-1 83 said:

KDubAg
AG
zooguy96 said:

Same here. After I mow it's all nice, level and green. When it's long, it looks like s***.
FearNoWeevil
AG
KDubAg said:

zooguy96 said:

Same here. After I mow it's all nice, level and green. When it's long, it looks like s***.
Grew up listening to Ben Oldag and Bill Zac on KTRH's Garden Line. Pretty sure it was Bill that would remark something to the effect , that, " Once you mow it, it all looks green from the road".
91AggieLawyer
AG
What you're calling grass MAY be poa annua, actually a weed itself. I'd see about hiring a professional weed control guy. Doesn't have to be a national company, but some guy with a sprayer on his truth who's familiar with lawns and grasses in your area. Get on his service for this summer and see what happens.

At the very least, get a consultation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.