Outdoors
Sponsored by

Meat Grinder

1,377 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by ShackelfordAg99
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can anyone suggest a good one? < $250-300.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Law361
AG
I like my Meat! Your Maker grinder and have heard others say the same
schmellba99
AG
I have a LEM .3 HP one I'll sell you for a good price
Maximus Johnson
AG
I have a small LEM that was given to me. I think it is their cheapest countertop model. I have ran 3-4 deer through it every year with no problems. It's slow and you have to push quite a bit but it does the trick the 2-3 times a year I use it. I don't think you can go wrong with any LEM grinder.

I also have a Weston vac sealer that I have been very impressed with. I am probably going to get a Weston grinder when my free fiddy grinder bites the dust.
rather be fishing
AG
I've heard mixed reviews on the KitchenAid mixer attachment, but it's a consideration if you happen to own one of those.

I can the biggest hp motor I could find in my price range. That turned out to me a Northern Tool grinder that's probably 25 years old, but it's been great.
cupofjoe04
AG
rather be fishing said:

I've heard mixed reviews on the KitchenAid mixer attachment, but it's a consideration if you happen to own one of those.

I can the biggest hp motor I could find in my price range. That turned out to me a Northern Tool grinder that's probably 25 years old, but it's been great.

We had the kitchen aid one, and it was not really useful for wild game. For mixing some stuff you bought from the store and sliced up beforehand, sure. But processing a deer was really frustrating with it.

I got a $100 grinder from Academy (Game Winner #12 I think), and it is LEAPS and BOUNDS better than the kitchenaid. Im sure a modestly priced LEM would be even better. But the Game Winner is plenty to make some sausage from 2-3 deer per year, which is all we need.
dmperch
AG
Get a LEM
BCStalk
cupofjoe04 said:

rather be fishing said:

We had the kitchen aid one, and it was not really useful for wild game. For mixing some stuff you bought from the store and sliced up beforehand, sure. But processing a deer was really frustrating with it.

I got a $100 grinder from Academy (Game Winner #12 I think), and it is LEAPS and BOUNDS better than the kitchenaid. Im sure a modestly priced LEM would be even better. But the Game Winner is plenty to make some sausage from 2-3 deer per year, which is all we need.

Agreed. I have the Kitchen aid metal attachment and it works great for running a few pounds through but I would never try and use it to process more. I'm tapped out on the amount of small appliances I can fit so for some fresh burger meat or sausage, it does it's job.
zooguy96
schmellba99 said:

Well, that would be difficult, as I'm in Tennessee.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
maddiedou
AG
schmellba99 said:

Where are you located

I think I know but not for sure
maddiedou
BMach
AG
LEM
JSKolache
AG
Cabelas Carnivores
Rattler12
Meat grinders are like a lot of other tools. Think about the max you're going to ever do ..........then spend the money and buy the next larger size. Buyer's remorse is high when you take the "less expensive" route......

I have a LEM #22 and it makes short work of a lot of meat. Eats it like a hungry hound dog.
agfan2013
AG
I've had the cabelas deluxe grinder ($180 on their website) for a couple of years and been pleased with it. It's a great machine if you're grinding small to medium batches of meat (10-40ish pounds).

If you are consistently running bigger batches, multiple deer a year, etc. you probably want to step up to something that's at least 1/2 hp, which will be at the top end of your budget or a bit beyond, but will be so worth it.
schmellba99
AG
maddiedou said:

schmellba99 said:

Where are you located

I think I know but not for sure
Houston, but work in P'ville during the week so anywhere between there I can meet.
normaleagle05
AG
Don't spend twice the money on an LEM or Weston when you can go to webstrauntstore.com and buy a comparable Backyard Pro for half the money. I have #12. It is a workhorse and under $300.
FirefightAg
AG
I like the Meat! .5hp but looks like they only have the NEW dual grind one for a lot more caught mine on sale for like $329, must have been why they clearance em.

I've knocked out 16-20 lbs of brisket cut into 1.5x15 squares in just a few minutes.
ShackelfordAg99
I run a Cabela's 1/2 hp unit that's about 10 years old. It basically chews meat up as fast as you feed it. Grinding is by far the quickest and easiest bit of stuffing 100+ lbs. of sausage.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.