Outdoors
Sponsored by

Goodbye to a good dog.

1,614 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by AJ02
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ellie was a great girl. Just shy of 15 years, but it was time. She's the foundation of our Collie breed line, and was one of the most titled collies around. She had titles in confirmation, herding, tracking, agility, rally, obedience, and fly ball. She was one of the top rough collies ever in Fly ball points. She most loved the agility course though. And when she was able, to catch her flying disc.

She was smart, silly, determined, enthusiastic, and eager to please. A really great girl.

StinkyPinky
AG
I know what you're feeling. We recently lost our 16 year old Aussie Shepherd. Hard losses.
Spore Ag
Love collies. Tough thing to go through.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Good dogs are never here long enough... sorry for your loss
pdc093
Y'all gave Ellie her BEST life.
God bless you for that.
Condolences.
nortex97
AG
Prayers for your loss.
gwdykes
Sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers
MouthBQ98
AG
Thanks everyone. I'd be lying if I didn't admit I am teary eyed.

Her nickname was "brat dog" when she was young, but she did mostly grow out of it.
S.A. Aggie
AG
I've held four of mine as they were put down. Tears are hard to hold back.
Mark Fairchild
AG
That last photo of her, what is it that the Lord gives to a dog that calls to our most inner selves? How well He knows us that he would allow us to share our lives with these gentle creatures. How can you look at that face and complete relaxation and not believe that they are gifts from a loving Father, and sign posts to us as humans to "Let go and Let God."
Mason, thank you for sharing these pictures with us.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Gunny456
AG
Man sorry to hear this. Peace that you will see her again. Dog is God spelled backwards.
ShackelfordAg99
Condolences, I'm sure she was a heckuva girl.
aggiedent
AG
Very very sorry.

I had a female Collie as a child…….she was an awesome dog. They really seem to love their human family. I'm sure you have tons of great memories!!!
giddings_ag_06
AG
Glad you got so many awesome memories with her
maroon barchetta

TMfrisco
AG
Tough times. Sorry for your loss.
fixer
Mouth,

Sorry to hear of this. But thanks for sharing some good memories of your sweet dog.
B-1 83
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
T&P

So hard.
AJ02
AG
I love seeing dogs when their muzzles start graying. Because I know that means they've lived a long, wonderful life. I'm so sorry she's gone now.

I lost a dog two years ago very unexpectedly to hemangiosarcoma. She was only 5, and I've honestly never felt that level of despair before. To some she was "just a dog", but she was a fixture in my life every day. She depended on me, she cheered me up when I was blue, she was protective of our stepdaughter. She lived for US. And I don't know if I'll ever get over her.

I do know that the pup we rescued a few months after she passed helped put bandaids on my broken heart. But the pain will always be there.

This was my Kimber.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.