Outdoors
Sponsored by

It's finished (except for a few punch list items)

1,726 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by One-Eyed Fat Man
One-Eyed Fat Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The landscapers finished today. Now I'm waiting for the contractor to get off his arse and complete a few punch list items. All in all we're pleased although we had to throw down a few days ago with the contractor.

Here's a few final pics.

fullback44
AG
Very very nice, I like the added pavers to the fire pit / sitting area. Porch area is amazing.. I do a lot of building on side projects and I have built some Barndos that I sold … that kind of touch you added really makes a place pop if you ever go to sell it. Nicely done
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
fullback44 said:

Very very nice, I like the added pavers to the fire pit / sitting area. Porch area is amazing.. I do a lot of building on side projects and I have built some Barndos that I sold … that kind of touch you added really makes a place pop if you ever go to sell it. Nicely done

Thanks. That was in the back of my mind. In addition to the porch we've put some other $$$ into the house over the past year, the biggest being an encapsulation of our crawl space.
O.G.
Looks great.

Sometimes I miss landscaping, then I remember how much work it is.
Dufflepud
Marietta?
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
Dufflepud said:

Marietta?

No, right on Glenwood in East Atlanta. Daughter, son in law and grandkids just on the other side of IH20 in Kirkwood, son in Buckhead.
TAMU77CLAY
AG
outstanding project and especially like the desk on the porch for reading or journal entries. Need to add a couple of heaters to my area and was wondering which brand you have as they look like what i need.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
TAMU77CLAY said:

outstanding project and especially like the desk on the porch for reading or journal entries. Need to add a couple of heaters to my area and was wondering which brand you have as they look like what i need.

We just went with some inexpensive ones off of Amazon. They put out good heat.

https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Heater-infrared-outdoor-ceiling/dp/B077JM5PB9/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=VJNLCCF9KKXE&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.xjQw_WyAnmZbRKc0VYq9NmJesno1iYTfIy1p-7-7CMA64WSA6u-BQlJcU7pkz76Mv43ZJn8O8kHywAgikz2HLN2Q86qxIXuU8LaKV5SFEvyqVBM6gQoLh7cE9ckzUl7aMkj2s2kyXhcJPjfP8fNjSkaDSTzFsL3JmgRgGIgrch_uHavwV2TdMgUdQe2oDtdQ9HDMhy0RMKpvDAL9pEOGAg.EGJSCqEaoalbXtQH0UWWyfSOW5fvhLUhxOiw_UHpnoc&dib_tag=se&keywords=2+-+Dr+Infrared+Heater+DR-238+Carbon+Infrared+Outdoor+Heater&qid=1714224881&sprefix=2+-+dr+infrared+heater+dr-238+carbon+infrared+outdoor+heater+%2Caps%2C83&sr=8-1
TAMU77CLAY
AG
thanks
dr_boogs
AG
Way to go OEFM! Officially jealous of the porch and fire pit.

How exactly does a retired African missionary "throw down"?
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I assume it involves an accordion!
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
dr_boogs said:

Way to go OEFM! Officially jealous of the porch and fire pit.

How exactly does a retired African missionary "throw down"?

Ha! I was a commercial construction lender for about 15 years, then an FDIC liquidation officer for 5, then an herb farmer for 20 before being a missionary.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.