It's finished (except for a few punch list items)
1,791 Views | 11 Replies
One-Eyed Fat Man
4:04p, 4/26/24
The landscapers finished today. Now I'm waiting for the contractor to get off his arse and complete a few punch list items. All in all we're pleased although we had to throw down a few days ago with the contractor.

Here's a few final pics.

fullback44
4:30p, 4/26/24
Very very nice, I like the added pavers to the fire pit / sitting area. Porch area is amazing.. I do a lot of building on side projects and I have built some Barndos that I sold … that kind of touch you added really makes a place pop if you ever go to sell it. Nicely done
One-Eyed Fat Man
4:34p, 4/26/24
In reply to fullback44
fullback44 said:

Very very nice, I like the added pavers to the fire pit / sitting area. Porch area is amazing.. I do a lot of building on side projects and I have built some Barndos that I sold … that kind of touch you added really makes a place pop if you ever go to sell it. Nicely done

Thanks. That was in the back of my mind. In addition to the porch we've put some other $$$ into the house over the past year, the biggest being an encapsulation of our crawl space.
O.G.
4:37p, 4/26/24
Looks great.

Sometimes I miss landscaping, then I remember how much work it is.
Dufflepud
4:38p, 4/26/24
Marietta?
One-Eyed Fat Man
5:02p, 4/26/24
In reply to Dufflepud
Dufflepud said:

Marietta?

No, right on Glenwood in East Atlanta. Daughter, son in law and grandkids just on the other side of IH20 in Kirkwood, son in Buckhead.
TAMU77CLAY
8:19a, 4/27/24
outstanding project and especially like the desk on the porch for reading or journal entries. Need to add a couple of heaters to my area and was wondering which brand you have as they look like what i need.
One-Eyed Fat Man
8:35a, 4/27/24
In reply to TAMU77CLAY
TAMU77CLAY said:

outstanding project and especially like the desk on the porch for reading or journal entries. Need to add a couple of heaters to my area and was wondering which brand you have as they look like what i need.

We just went with some inexpensive ones off of Amazon. They put out good heat.

https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Heater-infrared-outdoor-ceiling/dp/B077JM5PB9/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=VJNLCCF9KKXE&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.xjQw_WyAnmZbRKc0VYq9NmJesno1iYTfIy1p-7-7CMA64WSA6u-BQlJcU7pkz76Mv43ZJn8O8kHywAgikz2HLN2Q86qxIXuU8LaKV5SFEvyqVBM6gQoLh7cE9ckzUl7aMkj2s2kyXhcJPjfP8fNjSkaDSTzFsL3JmgRgGIgrch_uHavwV2TdMgUdQe2oDtdQ9HDMhy0RMKpvDAL9pEOGAg.EGJSCqEaoalbXtQH0UWWyfSOW5fvhLUhxOiw_UHpnoc&dib_tag=se&keywords=2+-+Dr+Infrared+Heater+DR-238+Carbon+Infrared+Outdoor+Heater&qid=1714224881&sprefix=2+-+dr+infrared+heater+dr-238+carbon+infrared+outdoor+heater+%2Caps%2C83&sr=8-1
TAMU77CLAY
8:52a, 4/27/24
thanks
dr_boogs
7:41p, 4/27/24
Way to go OEFM! Officially jealous of the porch and fire pit.

How exactly does a retired African missionary "throw down"?
Emotional Support Cobra
8:33p, 4/27/24
In reply to dr_boogs
I assume it involves an accordion!
One-Eyed Fat Man
9:48a, 4/28/24
In reply to dr_boogs
dr_boogs said:

Way to go OEFM! Officially jealous of the porch and fire pit.

How exactly does a retired African missionary "throw down"?

Ha! I was a commercial construction lender for about 15 years, then an FDIC liquidation officer for 5, then an herb farmer for 20 before being a missionary.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings