Watch out for them gators, boys
1,894 Views | 8 Replies
Jugstore Cowboy
5:47p, 5/2/24
fisherman-rescued-from-tree-after-alligator-chase-in-chambers-county

Quote:

Chambers County deputies responded to a call for assistance late last night, at approximately 10 p.m., after a fisherman found himself seeking refuge in a tree at Bird Rookery Lake.

According to reports, the man had been pursued up the tree by an alligator while fishing, prompting a friend to urgently seek help once the fisherman reached the safety of the tree.

Facebook video at the link (not very exciting).

Quote:

Sheriff Brian Hawthorne emphasized the importance of remaining vigilant as the weather continues to warm up, reminding both citizens and visitors that local wildlife, including alligators, snakes, and other potentially dangerous animals, are becoming increasingly active.
Just starting to see them around the Big Thicket this week as it warms up a little.
docb
8:48a, 5/3/24
I've always wanted to fish in there. I thought it was illegal to fish in there, at least when I was a kid. I used to catch a lot of largemouth in Lake Miller, Mac Slough and Pickets Bayou growing up in that area. I'm sure I would have trespassed in that lake mentioned in the article but it was so close to I-10 I think I'd of been spotted.
Deerdude
10:45a, 5/3/24
Troublesome gators like that need to be translocated to Rio Grande to repopulate.
highvelocity
10:51a, 5/3/24
In reply to Deerdude
a project i would actually be happy to see my tax dollars pay for
docb
10:54a, 5/3/24
In reply to Deerdude
Deerdude said:

Troublesome gators like that need to be translocated to Rio Grande to repopulate.
Honestly it wouldn't do ***** But populate that river with some Nile crocodiles and now we're in business!
Deerdude
11:08a, 5/3/24
Well either way, I see a slight slowing of illegal crossing traffic once they are spotted, but more importantly the availability of gator boots across the river. It's a Win/Win.
plowboy1065
9:09a, 5/4/24
My county doesn't have the sharpest tools in the shed
Mas89
9:20a, 5/4/24
In reply to plowboy1065
Do the still sell the size 10 hats at the local stores?
plowboy1065
11:20a, 5/4/24
In reply to Mas89
I actually believe they've gone to larger sizes these days
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >