KBTX reporting George Strait concert is happening

14,124 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by kyledr04
bobcat90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We paid 350 a piece on the 20… i don't care. Just happy to be there.
kyledr04
AG
I thought vip club tickets but passed since with the fees they were over $600 each. I'll see what it left over. It's going to be hot.
Counterpoint
AG
bobcat90 said:

We paid 350 a piece on the 20… i don't care. Just happy to be there.
Same here!
woodiewood
TXAG 05 said:

There's over 110k tickets to this thing with prices that are going to turn off a lot of people. I think you will be safe.
Will there be that many? I assume those seats behnd the stage won't be sold.
halibut sinclair
woodiewood said:

TXAG 05 said:

There's over 110k tickets to this thing with prices that are going to turn off a lot of people. I think you will be safe.
Stage is in the middle of the field.
textar4404
halibut sinclair said:

woodiewood said:

TXAG 05 said:

Correct. And the stage will most likely have four sides. He'll do 2-3 songs on one corner, then rotate to the next corner and repeat the cycle all the way around. That's what he did at Dickie's Arena a while back. He ended up doing more than 25 songs and the show was great.

Hoping the secondary market isn't ridiculous.
Charpie
AG
textar4404 said:

halibut sinclair said:

woodiewood said:

TXAG 05 said:

Correct. And the stage will most likely have four sides. He'll do 2-3 songs on one corner, then rotate to the next corner and repeat the cycle all the way around. That's what he did at Dickie's Arena a while back. He ended up doing more than 25 songs and the show was great.

Plus you'll have the Jumbotron and other screens that will be hung so there won't be a bad view at all
befitter
textar4404 said:

halibut sinclair said:

woodiewood said:

TXAG 05 said:

Agreed. Same stage as in Vegas or similar. He moves around the entire stage.
Harkrider 93
AG
Should have clarified that my wife got the notice. I was just helping confirm that the concert is happening.
As the waves roll, the eagle will fly to the setting sun.
Horn_in_Aggieland
I got my tickets today!!!!
kyledr04
AG
I tried on the pre-sale but the queue never worked.
mtec
I got tickets yesterday and had a hard time getting in for pre-sale. Once I made it in, there were only nosebleeds left and a few preferred seating or premium seats that were very pricey. We needed 5 and I didn't see a set of 5 or more together in the premium seats.

I assume they are only opening limited number of seats at a time? Otherwise it was nearly sold out.
Horn_in_Aggieland
Took about 30 minutes to get into the AMEX presale but my code wouldn't work.

Tried a different code for a different presale a couple of hours later and got in pretty quickly.

By that time another code worked for the AMEX presale which was still going on.

Got 7 tickets in nosebleed section finally.

bobinator
AG
Yeah the Amex thing was annoying. I never did get it to work but used the other one at 12.
TXAG 05
AG
mtec said:

I got tickets yesterday and had a hard time getting in for pre-sale. Once I made it in, there were only nosebleeds left and a few preferred seating or premium seats that were very pricey. We needed 5 and I didn't see a set of 5 or more together in the premium seats.

I assume they are only opening limited number of seats at a time? Otherwise it was nearly sold out.

On most presales on certain tickets are available. There will still be quite a bit available when it is opened to the general public.
Uncle Bug
AG
Ticket Tactics?

Local fella with no presale qualifications who's hoping to take a good friend to THE best show of the year.

It looks like I can wait until 3/28 @ 10AM and hope my ISP and keyboard skills are fast enough to buy two tickets through the 12th Man site,
~OR~
I can order through places like StubHub or TicketsOnSale sites.

Any concerns going through NON-12thman.com sites? I suspect I'll pay a little bit more (?) but be able to secure at ticket before the 12thman website opens to masses.

BTW, haven't done bench seating at Kyle since the mid 90's (when I was more spry). If I'm successful, I hope they allow personal seat cushions(?). Insight appreciated!

Charpie
AG
No one has received tickets yet, so purchasing through a 3rd party right seems iffy
trouble
AG
I'd try 12th Man first. There will be plenty of tickets on secondary of you don't get any through them
BiochemAg97
AG
Uncle Bug said:

Ticket Tactics?

Local fella with no presale qualifications who's hoping to take a good friend to THE best show of the year.

It looks like I can wait until 3/28 @ 10AM and hope my ISP and keyboard skills are fast enough to buy two tickets through the 12th Man site,
~OR~
I can order through places like StubHub or TicketsOnSale sites.

Any concerns going through NON-12thman.com sites? I suspect I'll pay a little bit more (?) but be able to secure at ticket before the 12thman website opens to masses.

BTW, haven't done bench seating at Kyle since the mid 90's (when I was more spry). If I'm successful, I hope they allow personal seat cushions(?). Insight appreciated!

We are planning to take our foam seat cushions. Never been a problem taking them to football games, so hoping they won't change the rules for George.
AggieAces06
AG
You can also keep an eye on the Ticket Exchange forum. There are already some Ags looking to sell tickets. (Myself included).

I bought extra thinking family would want to go, but they have since declined or are unable to make it, so I have a few left that I would rather sell to an Ag than bother with StubHub.
trouble
AG
Same
bobcat90
AG
I'll need to buy some.
bobcat90
AG
Foam seat cushions
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anyone trying their luck at 10 this morning?
kyledr04
AG
I got through the queue but everything left was very expensive. Not worth it to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.