ISO "cheap" survey company in Robertson Co

1,326 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by maroon barchetta
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the exception of some scattered fence line trees on two sides, with the rest open grass, we have 6 acres that need a survey for a transfer of the property (kept in the family) that took place years ago that is in the simple shape of a rectangle. I know "cheap" may be not the best word, but hoping it won't cost an arm/leg.

Thanks!
goatchze
AG
I used Joe Wilson out of Franklin 4-5 years ago. Good guy and reasonable rates.
BaronDeBishopville
Joe retired and sold his practice to Kerr Surveying in Bryan. Randy Hughes in Cameron also does work in Robertson County. Unless things have changed it may take a while to get anyone as there was quite a backlog.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Give Adam at aTm Surveying.

Had him do one for me in December for $450 plus tax. He was way under what every other surveyor I called was quoting.

This was for a regular house so 6 acres might be different.
maroon barchetta
My experience is you get what you pay for with many things in life, and especially surveyors.
techno-ag
AG
I've used Adam before. Pleased with his work.
ElephantRider
AG
BaronDeBishopville said:

Joe retired and sold his practice to Kerr Surveying in Bryan. Randy Hughes in Cameron also does work in Robertson County. Unless things have changed it may take a while to get anyone as there was quite a backlog.

Last I checked, Luke Smith was the only surveyor actually in Robertson once Joe retired. He would probably be my first call. Kerr will give you good service/products but will probably want an arm and a leg for it.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
ElephantRider said:

BaronDeBishopville said:

Last I checked, Luke Smith was the only surveyor actually in Robertson once Joe retired. He would probably be my first call. Kerr will give a you good service/products but will probably want an arm and a leg for it.
Luke Smith is who surveyed our property last year. He worked for the seller, so I did not directly deal with him.
ElephantRider
AG
I'm not directly familiar with Luke's work, but he learned under Curtis Strong and Curtis is as solid as they come.

I'm an RPLS, so happy to answer any questions.
Brazos1865
AG
I confirm he worked under Strong. Luke is a good man and good surveyor.

Cheaper is not likely the best criteria when selecting a surveyor.

Edit: autocorrect
ElephantRider
AG
Brazos1865 said:

I confirm he worked under Strong. Luke is a good man and good surveyor.

Cheaper is not likely the best criteria when selecting a surveyor.

Edit: autocorrect

It's definitely not. I have large clients that automatically throw out the lowest bidder when they bid projects out.
EVA3
AG
Speaking from experience, it's cheaper to pay top dollar for quality surveying than it is to litigate due to poor surveying.
maroon barchetta
This.

There was a case in the city of Freeport where a lower cost surveyor screwed up and determined a boundary improperly. A somewhat pricey development was either constructed or far along in construction when it was realized it was not all on the proper side of the boundary.

It got ugly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.